IGNORED

Trump has deep religious convictions, but....

OldSchool2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from WaPo:

"Many Americans appear ready to give President Trump a pass when it comes to his lack of religious knowledge, sensibilities or behavior, but I think that’s a mistake.

"Trump is quite pious and his religious convictions run dangerously deep. But his piety is not a reflection of a Christian faith. His piety is formed by his understanding of what makes America a country like no other..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/01/27/christians-dont-be-fooled-trump-has-deep-religious-convictions/?postshare=9511485529128524&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.f0cef784d66d

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

15 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

from WaPo:

"Many Americans appear ready to give President Trump a pass when it comes to his lack of religious knowledge, sensibilities or behavior, but I think that’s a mistake.

"Trump is quite pious and his religious convictions run dangerously deep. But his piety is not a reflection of a Christian faith. His piety is formed by his understanding of what makes America a country like no other..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/01/27/christians-dont-be-fooled-trump-has-deep-religious-convictions/?postshare=9511485529128524&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.f0cef784d66d

If only we had elected trump to be our religious leader. If only Christians learned attacking and condemning words are spoken from the heart. 

Guest shiloh357
31 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

from WaPo:

That's a lot better than the Islamophile we had for 8 years.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Stanley Hauerwas believes Christianity in America is dying.

What he does not realize is we are not a Theocracy. We did not elect a pope, a religious leader. We elected a man with deep convictions for God and for this nation. And the two are not in conflict at all.  America was founded on Christian principles while its governance was left to be secular. Mainly because the conflicts of a united church and state causes issues and casts divides.

There is noting wrong with loving ones country and wanting the best for a future of a nation and one's people. And wanting that in no wise conflicts with the love for God.

American's do not worship the flag. We do not drop to our knees when the anthem plays. America is a free country and there is no shame nor sin in being proud to be an American.  The first priority of our forefathers is reflected in our first amendment that is a contract between the people and our government. It reflects the controls the people have on that government. And that first amendment guarantees the right to worship without constraint. An inalienable right. It also guarantees the right to speak freely.

A blessing in that our street preachers are not able to be jailed for invoking the name of Christ aloud in public. Nor for imploring passers by to care about their souls and come listen to the good news that God loves them. And they can become better people if they repent and accept God's Son Jesus Christ as their savior.

I love my country. I love God and His Son Jesus Christ. There's no conflict there. Extreme pacifism that thinks to teach cleaving to God while letting the nation go to Hell isn't noble. Condemning a people that believe in God and love their country isn't righteous.  It's cowardice. 

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That's a lot better than the Islamophile we had for 8 years.

How meaningful is that comparison when almost anyone would be better than an Islamic sycophant as our commander in chief?

15 hours ago, hmbld said:

If only we had elected trump to be our religious leader....

If we had done that we would all be reading Peale's Power of Positive Thinking in lieu of our Bibles!

Guest shiloh357
20 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

How meaningful is that comparison when almost anyone would be better than an Islamic sycophant as our commander in chief?

Who made you the judge of what is or is not meaningful?  

It is not the case that almost anyone would better.  An liberal atheist would not be better.  A practicing homosexual communist would not be better.  A practicing Satanist would not be better.  I can think of a huge number of people who would not be better.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Lincoln's First Inaugural AddressOn Monday, March 4, 1861, Lincoln delivered his first inaugural address, after the oath of office was administered by Chief Justice Roger Taney. Lincoln's speech addressed the national crisis of the southern secession from the union. Lincoln had hoped to resolve the conflict peacefully without a civil war. During the address, Lincoln stated "Intelligence, patriotism, Christianity, and a firm reliance on Him who has never yet forsaken this favored land are still competent to adjust in the best way all our present difficulty."

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:21 AM, shiloh357 said:

Who made you the judge of what is or is not meaningful? ....

Can't you tell the difference between an interrogative and a declarative sentence?

And any positive number is still greater than a zero.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

you know what I dont get, people get harsh about Trump, and judge his salvation, all because hes insulted people and has spoken vulgar in the past. But, what would happen, if we held ourselves, to the same standards as Trump. I dare anyone here, on both sides of the discussion, to hold themselves to the same standards that Trump is being held against.

Have I ever insulted anyone? Yup. 

Have I ever lied? yup. 

Have I ever made a vulgar comment, especially concerning woman? Yup.

Have I ever been arrogant? yup.

Have I ever been Rude? yup.

have I ever cheated anyone? yup.

the list goes on. And, I might add, ive done all the above more then once. Some, I still do. So, am I still a christian? According to the Bible I am, because according to the Bible, we are saved by grace, and not of works. We still mess up, every day, all of us. We are all guilty of sin. Let us not forget that, and not hold someone elses sins against them, and learn to extend grace and love.