• Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Media talking points:

"Chaos and confusion and fear, oh my. Chaos and confusion and fear, oh my...."

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

MV5BMjliNzE5OTItY2RiNS00ZWM4LWE1MzEtNjNmNzE1MTg0ZTdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDIzNDExOQ@@__V1_.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

17 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I think it's a good plan myself.  Although those with valid paperwork should be let in the rest of the muslim world needs to stay in their totalitarian, war torn countries.  We really don't need more muslims to have to track and watch.  Until one lands on U.S. soil they have NO rights under our Constitution unless they are citizens.

Rest assured, it never entered my mind you would find it anything but a good plan. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, soonsister said:

What do you know about John McCain's service?

The media labeled Trump's observation of the Muslim gold star family's matriarch and her demeanor during an interview. That's all. Traditional Muslim families have the woman as subservient to the man. Are you aware of that? Under Sharia tenets she's to walk three paces behind the man. She's not to speak for herself without his permission. All that was displayed during the interview with that family. That is what Trump was commenting on. That's not disrespect. That's making an observation of a woman's demeanor when a very emotional topic is being discussed. Her son's death.

John McCain was a prisoner for nearly 7 years in comditions that many of us would not survive, how about you?  I served but was not tested like that thank God.  As for the family lets just say that his comments were insensitive even if he was commenting as you say

Guest shiloh357

We just need to time to work all of the kinks out of it.   It's going to help to keep the terrorists and the refugees out, and that's a good thing. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Bill16652 said:

John McCain was a prisoner for nearly 7 years in comditions that many of us would not survive, how about you?  I served but was not tested like that thank God.  As for the family lets just say that his comments were insensitive even if he was commenting as you say

As you wish.

Guest Teditis

I thought that it was a ban for 90 Days... it's not permanent... yet.

It's a move that he made while the Gov't transitions and drafts more permanent solutions.

I like it...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I thought that it was a ban for 90 Days... it's not permanent... yet.

It's a move that he made while the Gov't transitions and drafts more permanent solutions.

I like it...

No, it's 120 days. I too watched news outlets report that it was a 90 day ban.

(edited to add the text for that) Sec. 5. Realignment of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program for Fiscal Year 2017. (a) The Secretary of State shall suspend the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days. During the 120-day period, the Secretary of State, in conjunction with the Secretary of Homeland Security and in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence, shall review the USRAP application and adjudication process to determine what additional procedures should be taken to ensure that those approved for refugee admission do not pose a threat to the security and welfare of the United States, and shall implement such additional procedures. Refugee applicants who are already in the USRAP process may be admitted upon the initiation and completion of these revised procedures. Upon the date that is 120 days after the date of this order, the Secretary of State shall resume USRAP admissions only for nationals of countries for which the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of National Intelligence have jointly determined that such additional procedures are adequate to ensure the security and welfare of the United States.

MSM I believe counts on viewers having short memories due to all the information they report over the months and years.

Trump's ban is a great idea and hopefully just the start of streamlining national security.

Remember this?

More than 800 Immigrants Mistakenly Granted Citizenship

September 20, 2016

"The Homeland Security Department's inspector general found that the immigrants used different names or birthdates to apply for citizenship with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and such discrepancies weren't caught because their fingerprints were missing from government databases. "

Edited by soonsister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

53 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Rest assured, it never entered my mind you would find it anything but a good plan. 

Another character assessment, OOTS?  Why are you so against restricting immigration from hot spots anyway?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Another character assessment, OOTS?  Why are you so against restricting immigration from hot spots anyway?

Not at all, I was offering my support letting you know that I did not doubt your position. 

I am not against restricting immigration from hot spots, this is just another use of the false dichotomy strawman.  Either I am for an all out ban or I am against any restrictions.  In the real world there is more than just two extremes, there are actually reasonable answers in between the two extremes. 

Is there a thread around here from before I got here teaching everyone the fine art of the false dichotomy strawman?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Not at all, I was offering my support letting you know that I did not doubt your position. 

I am not against restricting immigration from hot spots, this is just another use of the false dichotomy strawman.  Either I am for an all out ban or I am against any restrictions.  In the real world there is more than just two extremes, there are actually reasonable answers in between the two extremes. 

There is also a good precedent for not defending yourself against accusations that were never made.  'False dichtotomy strawman' is vastly overused.