• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/08/1933

Hi,

Best to know a character is to understand the literal meaning of the words.

What Yahweh stands for please?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

The Hebrew name of God transliterated in four letters as YHWH or JHVH and articulated as Yahweh or Jehovah. 

It Hebrew, there were no vowels in the written language.Vowel have been added in since, to make it more pronounceable, but no one knows with certainty what vowel sounds we used originally.

You see the word used when God speaks to Moses from a burning bush in Exodus 3:

13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am  has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,
    the name you shall call me
    from generation to generation.

In the English Bible, this four character word (referred to in theological discussions as the Tetragrammaton) is often just represented as "I am".

Basically, I think it is a statement of God's eternal nature. Some have translated it as "the Being" or "the Existing One", "the Eternal" The idea, I think, is that He is almost saying:

I am who I have been, I am who I am, and I will prove to be who I prove to be, I am timeless.

I hope that is helpful!

• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 1/28/2017 at 5:38 PM, nijjhar said:

What Yahweh stands for please....

:sherlock:

Salvation~!

"Let this be known to you and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Yeshua The Messiah, the Nazarene, him whom you have crucified, whom God has raised from among the dead, behold, by him this man stands before you whole." "This is the stone which you builders have rejected, and he is The Head of the corner." "And there is no salvation in any other man, for there is no other name under Heaven given to the children of men by which it is necessary to receive life." Acts 4:10-12 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

:emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 1/28/2017 at 7:00 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The Hebrew name of God transliterated in four letters as YHWH or JHVH and articulated as Yahweh or Jehovah.

In Hebrew, there were no vowels in the written language.Vowel have been added in since, to make it more pronounceable, but no one knows with certainty what vowel sounds we used originally.

You see the word used when God speaks to Moses from a burning bush in Exodus 3:

13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am  has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,
    the name you shall call me
    from generation to generation.

In the English Bible, this four character word (referred to in theological discussions as the Tetragrammaton) is often just represented as "I am".

Basically, I think it is a statement of God's eternal nature. Some have translated it as "the Being" or "the Existing One", "the Eternal" The idea, I think, is that He is almost saying:

I am who I have been, I am who I am, and I will prove to be who I prove to be, I am timeless.

I hope that is helpful!

:thumbsup:

Glory~!

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8 (King James Bible)

:emot-heartbeat: