If its mainly the hair thats a problem maybe a short hair would do the trick

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

My cat she would bite, walk over tables etc or be naughty, theres never a problem since i used quick skirts of water from spray bottle. Many times just shaking it, the sound, does it. Cats do not like loud sounds. But not get water in the face, if you can rather beside them but they will think its on. Just a quick.m

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/29/2017 at 1:58 AM, Praise2God4ever said:

Normally, this would not be such a big issue for me, as i am not aware of anywhere in the bible were having a pet is forbidden, but i have heard from somewhere that there is a condition you can get from simply being around a cat (and a lot of the population has so who knows, i might already have it) that increases risk-taking. Another thing to take into account is that my dad (earthly father) is allergic to cats, although his family have had many when he was young. i don't know how reliable the information about that thing cats spread is, but i don't want it to lead me into sin, and i don't know if GOD would hold me accountable for that or not, I believe risk taking is what leads to sin a lot of the time.

i know i'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill here, and it's not the heaviest doctrinal question, but i would just like some opinions on the situation.

If your father is allergic to cats I would not get a cat at this time. How old are you? Are you living on your own? Here is a list of diseases you can catch from a cat and maybe you can decide:

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/Health_Information/brochure_zoonoticdisease.cfm

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/29/2017 at 7:58 AM, Praise2God4ever said:

Normally, this would not be such a big issue for me, as i am not aware of anywhere in the bible were having a pet is forbidden, but i have heard from somewhere that there is a condition you can get from simply being around a cat (and a lot of the population has so who knows, i might already have it) that increases risk-taking. Another thing to take into account is that my dad (earthly father) is allergic to cats, although his family have had many when he was young. i don't know how reliable the information about that thing cats spread is, but i don't want it to lead me into sin, and i don't know if GOD would hold me accountable for that or not, I believe risk taking is what leads to sin a lot of the time.

i know i'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill here, and it's not the heaviest doctrinal question, but i would just like some opinions on the situation.

Dear brother Praise2God4ever,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

You're not making a mountain out of a molehill. As the Holy Scripture says:

·        “Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” (Romans 14.22,23).

Therefore, it is important that we know the will of the Eternal, even in the smallest details.

In your particular case, having a pet is not necessarily a sin. However, if caring for this little animal keeps you from knowing better and more deeply Jesus Christ and loving your neighbor, then it is problematic (see Luke 21:34). After all, you should serve the Lord Jesus without any distraction:

·        “But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; and they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; and they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away. But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: but he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife. There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband. And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.” (1Corinthians 7.29-35).

May Jesus help us to seek exclusively in Him the full realization of our lives.

Moreover, be careful not to help your pet more than people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Very wise answer.

It's just not about loving them, petting, snuggling with them.  It about responsibility. Young people who work all day and are not home should not have pets.  It's not fair to the pet, being along all day is no fun,then when they do something wrong, the pet get's the blame. You need to teach them just you would teach a child. 

I just got a new puppy,not on purpose, He was left in a parking lot and now he is with   Max is his name.  He needs work and he will get it.  I"m very careful about the shots.  He has had his second set of shots and in two weeks he will get his third and final shot for Parvo and Distemper.  At six months it will be Rabies.  In the meantime he will be neutered.  Yes I believe is neutering and spaying.  

Ask yourself do you have the time to spend with your new pet.  I hope you have a good life with your new companion should you choose to get one.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Hello cat person here. All I have to say is it would be a real shame to get a cat and then have to get rid of it because you can't keep it. My advice is that you consider rather or not you can provide a life long home for your cat. I had a cat that lived 16 years. So consider you are going to have this cat for maybe 16 year maybe even longer. It's not like having a child, where they someday grow up and move out. This cat will be with you its whole life. Right now I am living in an apartment complex and even though I am a cat person I have decided not to get a cat because my living situation is too unstable at this point in my life. There are so many cats here that get left behind when people move out and for what ever reason they just leave them behind. They end up eating out of the trash and meowing at my door. It is all very sad. I have never gotten sick owning a cat and I would think that goes along with keeping your cat healthy and clean. Regular vet check ups and what not. So I don't know much about that part of it. So my advice is just really think before you do. Really consider can this cat stay with you for its life time? And if not, will you be able to find it a good, loving home if you ever needed too? 

8 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Very wise answer.

It's just not about loving them, petting, snuggling with them.  It about responsibility. Young people who work all day and are not home should not have pets.  It's not fair to the pet, being along all day is no fun,then when they do something wrong, the pet get's the blame. You need to teach them just you would teach a child. 

I just got a new puppy,not on purpose, He was left in a parking lot and now he is with   Max is his name.  He needs work and he will get it.  I"m very careful about the shots.  He has had his second set of shots and in two weeks he will get his third and final shot for Parvo and Distemper.  At six months it will be Rabies.  In the meantime he will be neutered.  Yes I believe is neutering and spaying.  

Ask yourself do you have the time to spend with your new pet.  I hope you have a good life with your new companion should you choose to get one.

Thats why its good for the pet to be two of them

Also if you clean often and hoover it might not be so bad. Some hoover the cat lol.  But a hairless one..if its the hair.. Or short hair..   

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 1/29/2017 at 2:23 PM, kwikphilly said:

I would imagine mostly animal lovers would read this Thread,it's not exactly where it should be posted here in the Inner Court so I do hope everyone who replies will Glorify God in this Holy Place......

So while you are here can I ask for you all to say a prayer for my 17yr companion Cheech,he is not well,seriously ill & I am heartbroken,been crying  all day......I know that our Father is ABLE,no matter what the reports say & in spite of his age,like Hezekiah I am pleading for more time,in Jesus Name......more "quality" time

THank you all     With love-in Christ,Kwik

Praying for Cheech, and for you Kwik; May the Lord bring His comfort and, if it be His will, heal your little Cheech. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I know of no Biblical prohibition against having a pet cat.  I have two and they are the only two things in my life that love me ALL of the time, even when I'm not so lovable.  Cats are great.