• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I do care very much and I think these books are very dangerous. We see how easily some people get lured away from Bible Truth, after that it seems almost impossible battle to reach them after they opened their minds to fables. 

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;  2Ti 4:4  and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

The statement of faith that we all subscribed to when joining Worthy states that the 66 books of the Bible are the  complete inerrant and inspired words of God.  That is what exhaustive means.  Perhaps the people who can't subscribe to our statement of faith should bow out of the believers portion of our forums.  

"We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God. "

Those who are unbelievers are easily deceived.  Without the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit they are unable to understand the Bible properly and they have no discernment.  So The Bible reads like Nostradamus to them--just some mystical poetry with a few words occasionally that make sense.  Most people can understand Ecclesiastes, for instance.  

So maybe the thing that keeps the Bible from becoming a living Book to others who call themselves Christians is that they aren't truly born again, so they still lack discernment.  New Christians are also easily deceived.  Once a person has swallowed the lies of satan they seem to lose the discernment and are unable to discern truth from fiction.  Such is the nature of deception.  

Most pseudoepigraphica or other spurious writing have some truth floating around in them.  For instance, the book of Mormon has parts of the King James bible word for word.  Most translations vary a little bit like the New American Standard varied from the New King James bible.  So we would expect some differences.  But Joseph Smith committed pure plagiarism.  

I haven't read the forgotten books of Eden and frankly don't want to waste my time on them.  It is bad enough that other books that are fiction have been included as Scripture in a majority of the church's bibles such as Catholic and Orthodox Bibles; such is Bell and the Dragon.  The inerrant truth is contained only in 66 books of the Bible.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

While i agree with Willa statement, i just want to make a comment.  The statement of faith on Worthy here is a statement of what this forum stands for and believes.  However, if someone mentions a book and let's say they find it an interesting read, i would want to hear about that book and want to know why the person is interested in the writings.  This actually is how this topic really got started here, as the book mentioned in another thread caught my attention and i was just asking why it interested the person, specifically sister.  

Sister did open up and let her thoughts known and i do respect her for the short time i have been here and seen her post and replies.  She was not promoting the book and we should acknowledge that.  I personally can tell  you about things that i have and is still experiencing as a christian and basically except for Ephesians, I have found little explanation for these things.  In my opinion, as long as one does not promote or state that extra-Biblical teachings on Worthy, then i see no ill caused.   You as a believer has to read your Bible and with the Holy Spirit and prayer, you cannot be led away from the truth.   Sister has stated emphatically that she has been studying the Bible for 29 yrs now and i think she should be able to come to her conclusions.   Whatever that is i would not say she is not a believer, because she reads such books.  She has to answer for her, deeds and faithfulness in worship to her God.    On the other hand, the members here can point out, what the sixty six books says in contrast and an interesting dialogue can be had.

Jayne stated that she was angry and wasted 2 hours of her life.  Well there are many things here that i read and is not pleased with, but i don't express that emotions here.  Remember, christian would get all kind of stones and  hurts thrown at them, but as you mature one has to know it is all part of the enemy plan to distort and divide.  

Sister is a dear person in my heart here and we should not cast stones and think she is not a servant of the Lord if she reads those books. We have to make our statement about our beliefs and this forum's too and present scripture to show where disagreement is not in line with the sixty six books.

We have to know the enemy and his tatics too.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

On 1/30/2017 at 2:04 PM, Jayne said:

Your book of Adam and Eve says that having babies never occurred to Adam and he didn't want to do so because he thought it would make God mad.  It took the devil to "tempt" him to have children and they shook hands on it.  Also your book of Adam and Eve says that after Seth was born, Adam and Eve never had sex again and that that was all the children that they had.

I first want to say in defense of sister that the book of Adam and eve is not HER book it's a book she is reading.

Second I need to know why these books are mentioned in the bible but aren't in the bible

Book of the Covenant 
Exodus 24:7  And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.
There are those that believe the Book of the Covenant is found in Exodus chapters 20 through 23. There are no authoritative sources for this text.

Book of the Wars of the Lord
Numbers 21:14  Wherefore it is said in the book of the wars of the Lord, What he did in the Red sea, and in the brooks of Arnon,
Certain sources believe that this is to be found by drawing text from several Old Testament books.  There are no authoritative sources for this text.

Book of Jasher 
Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
2 Samuel 1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.) 

The Manner of the Kingdom / Book of Statutes
1 Samuel 10:25 Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the Lord. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.

Book of Samuel the Seer 
1 Chronicles 29:29  Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,

Nathan the Prophet 
1 Chronicles 29:29  Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,
2 Chronicles 9:29  Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

Acts of Solomon 
1 Kings 11:41  And the rest of the acts of Solomon, and all that he did, and his wisdom, are they not written in the book of the acts of Solomon?

Shemaiah the Prophet 
2 Chronicles 12:15  Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

Prophecy of Abijah
2 Chronicles 9:29  Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

Story of Prophet Iddo
2 Chronicles 13:22  And the rest of the acts of Abijah, and his ways, and his sayings, are written in  the story of the prophet Iddo.

Visions of Iddo the Seer

Iddo Genealogies
2 Chronicles 12:15 Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

Book of Jehu 
2 Chronicles 20:34  Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, who is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel.

Sayings of the Seers
2 Chronicles 33:19  His prayer also, and how God was intreated of him, and all his sin, and his trespass, and the places wherein he built high places, and set up groves and graven images, before he was humbled: behold, they are written among the sayings of the seers.

Book of Enoch  
Jude 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Hebrews 11:5 - 11:65 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

http://www.nairaland.com/1080843/book-enoch-jesus-quoted-it

Book of Gad the Seer 
1 Chronicles 29:29   Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,

Epistle to the Ephesians  

Ephesians 3:2-4

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Epistle from Laodicea to the Colossians
Colossians 4:16  And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Acts of Uziah
2 Chronicles 26:22  Now the rest of the acts of Uzziah, first and last, did Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, write.

The Annals of King David 
1 Chronicles 27:24  Joab son of Zeruiah began to count the men but did not finish. Wrath came on Israel on account of this numbering, and the number was not entered in the book of the annals of King David.

Source - http://www.answering-christianity.com/lost_books.htm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

What of modern day extra biblical books ?

Such as the books that were so very popular a decade ago by Tim La Haye, the Left Behind series?

In those book of fiction about Bible matters He gives names to individuals unnamed in the Bible.

Is that awful, and regrettably misleading to some? 

Or, is it a wonderfully enjoyable tale loosely based upon  the Bible that  is shared with all it's readers, and  an enticement for some ot read deeper into their Bibles?

Is this fiction extra-biblical series of tales written to share of a view of a rapture also a push for some unsaved to  read and ask  of God to show them the gospel of Jesus?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Willa said:

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;  2Ti 4:4  and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

The statement of faith that we all subscribed to when joining Worthy states that the 66 books of the Bible are the  complete inerrant and inspired words of God.  That is what exhaustive means.  Perhaps the people who can't subscribe to our statement of faith should bow out of the believers portion of our forums.  

"We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God. "

Those who are unbelievers are easily deceived.  Without the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit they are unable to understand the Bible properly and they have no discernment.  So The Bible reads like Nostradamus to them--just some mystical poetry with a few words occasionally that make sense.  Most people can understand Ecclesiastes, for instance.  

So maybe the thing that keeps the Bible from becoming a living Book to others who call themselves Christians is that they aren't truly born again, so they still lack discernment.  New Christians are also easily deceived.  Once a person has swallowed the lies of satan they seem to lose the discernment and are unable to discern truth from fiction.  Such is the nature of deception.  

Most pseudoepigraphica or other spurious writing have some truth floating around in them.  For instance, the book of Mormon has parts of the King James bible word for word.  Most translations vary a little bit like the New American Standard varied from the New King James bible.  So we would expect some differences.  But Joseph Smith committed pure plagiarism.  

I haven't read the forgotten books of Eden and frankly don't want to waste my time on them.  It is bad enough that other books that are fiction have been included as Scripture in a majority of the church's bibles such as Catholic and Orthodox Bibles; such is Bell and the Dragon.  The inerrant truth is contained only in 66 books of the Bible.

Very well said Willa

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

What of modern day extra biblical books ?

Such as the books that were so very popular a decade ago by Tim La Haye, the Left Behind series?

In those book of fiction about Bible matters He gives names to individuals unnamed in the Bible.

Is that awful, and regrettably misleading to some? 

Or, is it a wonderfully enjoyable tale loosely based upon  the Bible that  is shared with all it's readers, and  an enticement for some ot read deeper into their Bibles?

Is this fiction extra-biblical series of tales written to share of a view of a rapture also a push for some unsaved to  read and ask  of God to show them the gospel of Jesus?

Those books by Tim La Haye were not extra Biblical writings. Tim La Haye only went by the Holy Bible.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

On 1/30/2017 at 8:42 AM, Sister said:

How do you know that fact?  I for one have been reading the bible for 29 years, and I don't mean just skimming through the pages here and there, but strongly studying.  So when I read these "other books", I can make an informed decision.  I cannot speak for others however.

I read the books three times, and going over it again to pick up what I missed.  The first time nearly knocked me off my chair, it was hard to take it all in.  To say you lost two hours of your life really baffles me?  Honestly, did you not learn anything?

1. Can you not comprehend the sorrow Adam felt from being kicked out of paradise?  being thrust out into what would of been another world to him, ...the opposite to beautiful, an ugly strange land with stones large and small and with sand?  You didn't pick up that inside the garden, it was different?  What about when he tried to get back into the garden and he was met with a cherub carrying a sword of flashing fire, fiercely guarding that entrance and causing so much fear in Adam as if ready to kill him?....What would you do if you never saw darkness, only light, then was suddenly thrust into a dark cave not even being able to see your hand?  Would you not feel destitute?  Would you not want to end your life also, fearing a life without God's love and protection?  Obviously you cannot pick up on Adam's sorrow in trying to kill himself, and Eve doing the same after him, ...afraid and all alone in this strange place?, and you cannot picture God's mercy, and his love for them in bringing them back to life?  There's nothing new under the sun, and Lazarus was not the first to be brought back from the dead, nor was the little boy in the OT that Elijah brought back to life (1 Kings 17:22).....Nothing new under the sun.

What's so strange about that?  No hope, knowing you have disappointed God feeling empty and cast out. Wouldn't you not want to live?  I felt just by reading the story what Adam and Eve felt.

We have to read carefully, and not just speed read. 

2 And as they prayed, Adam raised his eyes, and saw the rock and the roof of the cave that covered him overhead, so that he could see neither heaven, nor God's creatures. So he wept and smote heavily upon his breast, until he dropped, and was as dead.

3 And Eve sat weeping; for she believed he was dead.

Adam often "fainted", or "passed out".  To Eve he was as dead.  Other times he did die, but what does this teach us?.....there is no easy way out.  Once God has decided to put us through a great tribulation or punishment for disobeying him, not even death will escape us until we have served every last minute of it.

Revelation 9:6   And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

1. What a merciful God.  He understands, and he saves them.  They have many more lessons to learn first, and these lessons will be passed down onto their generations.  The story and the hardships, and their affliction for disobeying God WILL BE TOLD and not HID.

And God did not tell them to do this, but was pleased and accepted their sacrifice.  Adam thought of this on his own.   God gave Adam a prophecy, do you deny that God made a sacrifice on the cross thousands of years later?

And what was God trying to teach them through this?  The answer is here and it is self explanatory, plain and simple in God's own words.

Chapter 46;

4 And God said unto Adam, "See Satan's love for thee, who pretended to give thee the Godhead and greatness; and, behold, he burns thee with fire, and seeks to destroy thee from off the earth.

5 "Then look at Me, O Adam; I created thee, and how many times have I delivered thee out of his hand? If not, would he not have destroyed thee?"

6 God said again to Eve, "What is that he promised thee in the garden, saying, 'At the time ye shall eat of the tree, your eyes will be opened, and you shall become like gods, knowing good and evil.' But lo! he has burnt your bodies with fire, and has made you taste the taste of fire, for the taste of the garden; and has made you see the burning of fire, and the evil thereof, and the power it has over you.

7 "Your eyes have seen the good he has taken from you, and in truth he has opened your eyes; and you have seen the garden in which ye were with Me, and ye have also seen the evil that has come upon you from Satan. But as to the Godhead he cannot give it you, neither fulfil his speech to you. Nay, he was bitter against you and your seed, that will come after you."

for all you posted here, which is a lot, you don't address the fact that the OP is about false beliefs.  Surely you don't believe any of that stuff?  If it's not in Scripture it's a lie.

42 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I think the point is that they weren't put forth as scripture.

Some of those books that people talk about on worthy such as the Book of Enoch is extra-Biblical writings.

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

for all you posted here, which is a lot, you don't address the fact that the OP is about false beliefs.  Surely you don't believe any of that stuff?  If it's not in Scripture it's a lie.

But they do :noidea:

Just now, Yowm said:

Right, and those are pawned off as Scripture.

I can really see people today reaching for that stuff and really believing it and embracing it. We are in the end times the Bible tells us that this will happen.