• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

This is not correct. Allah was derived from the arab word for "the god", it was what the Arab moon god was called when they worshiped many gods. Look up what Hazard posted on it, or Daniel Greenfield on really meaning of Allahu..akbar on www.Jamieglazov.com

The God of Israel  does not go by the term used to describe an Arab pagan god. 

can you give me a link to where he posted it plz?

This is from wiki

Allah (/ˈælə, ˈɑːlə, əlˈlɑː/;[1][2] Arabic: الله‎, translit. Allāh‎, pronounced [ɑɫ'ɫɑh] ( listen)) is the Arabic word referring to God in Abrahamic religions. In English language, the word traditionally refers to God in Islam.[3][4][5] The word is thought to be derived by contraction from al-ilāh, which means "the god", and is related to El and Elohim, the Hebrew words for God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

I believe when the books were put together the Holy Spirit oversaw that. God can use who He pleases to carry out His will. 

Thankyou for answering

I personally don't think that the holy spirit would be anywhere near the pope let alone the Vatican lol

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

Wikipedia is written by anybody. I pretty much did - Jamie glazov.com I'm in transit at present and  can't copy + paste a link. 

ok thanks I wen to the site but it didn't say anything about allah

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

32 minutes ago, worthy said:

Another question Did God himself say that only the 66 books of the bible were canon? Or did a man say they were?

YHWH gave TORAH.

Per TITLE/OP? "Extra" writings (anything not YHWH BREATHED) may be dangerous.  Remember there's 99 sources, 99 other people, or references, or so-called (and false) "authorities" talking to almost everyone alive VS 1 source of TRUTH.  (ballpark guestimate - may be not so bad for some,  may be a lot worse for most).

So if someone happens to read the TRUTH online anywhere,   within a day or days or a week or weeks,  there is usually sufficient false information presented to them (whether they look for it or not) to persuade them to continue believing the lie.

Everything , for instance, from allah is devastatingly deceptive, false and dangerous (the enemy comes only to kill, to steal, and to destroy (men's souls) etc... ) .... and not just from that , but from most of what the world trusts or even calls good or right (all the world/ society/ 'false religion' is corrupt) .....

p.s. the donkey YHWH used to speak to the wayward prophet was not anti-christ.    YHWH HIMSELF SAYS you don't get fresh water from a foul well.

Just now, simplejeff said:

YHWH gave TORAH.

Per TITLE/OP? "Extra" writings (anything not YHWH BREATHED) may be dangerous.  Remember there's 99 sources, 99 other people, or references, or so-called (and false) "authorities" talking to almost everyone alive VS 1 source of TRUTH.  (ballpark guestimate - may be not so bad for some,  may be a lot worse for most).

So if someone happens to read the TRUTH online anywhere,   within a day or days or a week or weeks,  there is usually sufficient false information presented to them (whether they look for it or not) to persuade them to continue believing the lie.

Everything , for instance, from allah is devastatingly deceptive, false and dangerous (the enemy comes only to kill, to steal, and to destroy (men's souls) etc... ) .... and not just from that , but from most of what the world trusts or even calls good or right (all the world/ society/ 'false religion' is corrupt) .....

p.s. the donkey YHWH used to speak to the wayward prophet was not anti-christ.    YHWH HIMSELF SAYS you don't get fresh water from a foul well.

The torah is just the first 5 books

My question was  Did God himself say that only the 66 books of the bible were canon? Or did a man say they were?

22 minutes ago, worthy said:

The torah is just the first 5 books

Yes, that's one way of looking at TORAH.

Others agree with this excerpt from the internet :

Torah
Torah (in Hebrew)

Level: Basic

• Torah in the narrowest sense refers to the first five books of the Bible
• In a broader sense, Torah includes all Jewish law and tradition
• Torah was given to Moses in written form with oral commentary
• The oral component is now written in the Talmud
• There are additional important writings

TorahThe word "Torah" is a tricky one, because it can mean different things in different contexts. In its most limited sense, "Torah" refers to the Five Books of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. But the word "torah" can also be used to refer to the entire Jewish bible (the body of scripture known to non-Jews as the Old Testament and to Jews as the Tanakh or Written Torah), or in its broadest sense, to the whole body of Jewish law and teachings.

19 minutes ago, Davida said:

go again, click archives, then March 2015, you'll see Daniel Greenfield -what -Allahu- akbar -really means.

thanks we'll do

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, Sister said:

Like an innocent child, Adam did not know about sex until Satan gave him a display.  Satan was trying to tempt Adam to marry Eve, so he could have sex with her.  Satan imputed lust into Adam.  Adam felt ashamed because Satan was showing him something God never did.  Adam spirit is moving closer to God, and he's learning from his mistakes.  It's that spirit of God in Adam that tells him everything the devil advises, is no good, so he prays to be delivered. He's learning that this deceiver only brings bad. 

He's innocent don't forget, he's still like a child, but in a grown mans body.  He's not used to this feeling, it's frustrating for him, and he decides to ask God for deliverence.  It had nothing to do with babies.

He thought the devil was an angel of God, and the devil deceived him into shaking hands.  Adam realised straight after he was off guard and the enemy won again.

Yes that's what it says.  Adam is in full repentance, and does not care for the flesh.  God grants him his request and that's how it happened.

It seems to have error only in your eyes, because you've been warned to stay away from it.  You have come in to it with doubt, looking to pick it apart, and not because of a hungry spirit that wants to learn more.  Therefore the error is only in the eyes of the beholder and I have given my defense for you to consider.

Like an innocent child, Adam did not know about sex until Satan gave him a display.  Satan was trying to tempt Adam to marry Eve, so he could have sex with her.  Satan imputed lust into Adam.  Adam felt ashamed because Satan was showing him something God never did.  Adam spirit is moving closer to God, and he's learning from his mistakes.  It's that spirit of God in Adam that tells him everything the devil advises, is no good, so he prays to be delivered. He's learning that this deceiver only brings bad. 

He's innocent don't forget, he's still like a child, but in a grown mans body.  He's not used to this feeling, it's frustrating for him, and he decides to ask God for deliverence.  It had nothing to do with babies.

Sister ,where did you get that information?

28God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” Gen. 1:28

2 hours ago, worthy said:

Scripture plz???

see online free Corrie ten Boom's letter concerning the tribulation / persecution of the believers worldwide for a good century now.      --- i.e .  80% of believers worldwide are severely persecuted already, even to death....

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm locking this thread because it has long since ran its course.

However, I think it is a good OP and the exposure of some of the ridiculousness that is out there is the main reason I am locking the thread, but not deleting it. Without getting specific, I think that some of the claims you see made in this thread illustrate the importance of sticking to the scripture first and foremost, and elucidate how easy it is to end up down rabbit holes with absolutely no end in sight in search of knowledge that we don't need in the first place. The truth of the matter is that we simply don't need to know adam and eve's full and complete life story. I can be assured of this fact because if we absolutely needed to know about it, i am confident that God would've provided it to us in the scripture. God has left us everything we need in the scriptures themselves. "Recovered" lost books are incredibly notorious for being fraudulent and one needs to be incredibly careful in their approach to such things. Otherwise, I'm not against looking at general extra-biblical historical sources or anything such as that, but it needs to be done with the idea that human records and observations are fallible, while God is not.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

• Loved it! 1