IGNORED

I am tired of having to text people nowadays!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The generation that we are living in I am so tired of texting people and getting a chance to know them is hard. Please let me know the best advice about how to handle this situation. also, i really miss the days when we use to be able to talk by phone and really know one another. it just leaves off to confusion and getting angry when we should be loving one another

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I got tired of people calling me when I'm busy.  Text me and set up a meeting at a good coffee shop.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I think that society has lost all of its social connections with technology. Families do not communicate at the dinner table and all sit around looking at their cell phones. Kids do not communicate with each other anymore either because they are lost in their cell phones. This is what technology has done to society. I do not think their is an easy fix. Do you have a solution? Most of the people in our world are addicted to their cell phones. Count me out on this one. I rarely use my antique cell phone that stays in my purse and is only used for emergencies.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I am hard of hearing, so I very much prefer my kids text me rather than call me.

Guest bonnieschamberger

I completely understand I dont even like having a cell phone but I have it in case of emergencies( well and ordering pizza lol) but I dont have internet or texting on it and only a small handful of people have my number ...lol they all know know how much I hate for my phone to go off but I must admit my best friend bean if I get on the phone with him I end up on the phone for 3 hours ...the conversation is just wonderful

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I have never texted. I would not even know how to do it :mellow:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

41 minutes ago, mshienie said:

The generation that we are living in I am so tired of texting people and getting a chance to know them is hard. Please let me know the best advice about how to handle this situation.

The use of iphones and texting has become a pathological condition.

The next time you get a text message, request that person's telephone number (if you do not have it already), then call that person and let them know (very kindly and politely) that you are tired of texting, and prefer telephone or face-to-face conversations.

If you do this each time, you will not be getting any more text messages, but hopefully many more phone calls and personally visits.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think that society has lost all of its social connections with technology. Families do not communicate at the dinner table and all sit around looking at their cell phones. Kids do not communicate with each other anymore either because they are lost in their cell phones. This is what technology has done to society. I do not think their is an easy fix. Do you have a solution? Most of the people in our world are addicted to their cell phones. Count me out on this one. I rarely use my antique cell phone that stays in my purse and is only used for emergencies.

Well I'm kind of with you on this; I don't love my phone, it's just a tool.  I text but only when I'm really busy because I would rather talk to someone.  I talk so much there is simply no way I could text all that anyway!  At my house there are no phones at the dinner table.  Any yes, when I see a room full of people all looking at their phones.....it makes me nuts.