• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, JoeCooper said:

I think I might be an atheist because I don't see any good evidence that god actually exists....
I want to believe things that are true, generally, and so if Christianity is true, I want to believe it....

:emot-heartbeat:

Welcome~!

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David; the bright morning star."

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." He who hears, let him say, "Come." He who is thirsty, let him come. He who desires, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17 (New Heart English Bible)

:mgdetective:

Although The Evidence Is All Around All Of Us

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:7-10 (New International Version)

Some Will Still Take A Hike

Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. Hebrews 3:12 (New Living Translation)

To Death

but he who fails to find me injures himself; all who hate me love death.” Proverbs 8:36 (English Standard Version)

~

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Berean Study Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/30/2017 at 11:10 PM, FresnoJoe said:

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

Wow, i really like that Fresno:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Hey JoeCooper,

I can remember when I was a kid staring up at the stars with my dad one night and asking him where space began and ended.

He said "a man could go nuts trying to figure that out".

I've come to accept that there just can't be a beginning or an end because wherever the end is, what comes after that?

When you look at me you see my body, you don't see the unseen me inside and I don't see the unseen you, the part of you that feels love, sadness, joy. Those feelings are real, not make believe, they're not physical they're in your spirit, and your spirit is very real.

The bible tells us God is spirit as well. I can accept that because I know I am a spirit and I am more than a body.

Where did God come from?....  I can remember when I was a kid staring up at the stars with my dad one night .........

Your coming here is a sign that Gods' Spirit is drawing you.

Nobody knows your thoughts but you, and God. Talk to him in your thoughts, no one will know, just Him, maybe reflect on what James wrote  Jas_1:5  Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to everyone generously without a rebuke, and it will be given to him. 

Now James was writing to Christians seeking wisdom in speaking about their faith however God reaches farther than just that and will respond to anyone that is truly looking to know him. 

All the best

Mike2

Edited by Mike 2
gramar

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

One argument i commonly use as an example is that that even if i'm wrong and GOD doesn't exist, i will have wasted nothing because if i'm wrong everything is meaningless (bleak outlook, i know). But if i'm right, then i'll go to heaven and be happy forever, etc. The bible says faith is important and if you serve GOD for this reason alone, i do not think this would count as having faith, but if you want i have plenty of other pieces of "evidence" i can give you (mostly historical). Well, either way, hi, and i hope you feel welcome here :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I was an agnostic from a young age.  Believed that there was a Creator , but that He was impersonal and unknowable.  But one night I was overwhelmed with the beauty and power in nature.  So I prayed one of those "God, if there is a God" prayers and asked Him to reveal Himself to me.  He answered that prayer 17 out of 19 times, which I knew was beyond the laws of chance.  In the months following that I became aware of sin in my life and felt very guilty.  Any imperfection counts as sin, since it means in archery, to miss the mark.  I knew I needed to be forgiven, so I asked God to forgive me.  Then I knew I needed to make things right.  So I returned things I had stolen and told people who knew about it that I had asked God to forgive me.  Then I had a hunger to read the Bible and purchased a New Testament some months later, reading it from cover to cover and underlining portions that were meaningful.  Much I didn't understand yet, but it was a process for me.  When I applied to my circumstances the things I did understand, more came to light.  

Every person's story is unique because God treats us as individuals.  He knows exactly what each of us needs to believe.  But that final surrender to Jesus as the intelligent All Powerful Creator of the universe Who together with His Father God and the Holy Spirit are One God, and that He provided the forgiveness for me to be able to know God intimately by dying on a cross for my sin, that surrender is when the Bible became easy to understand and a living message to me.  

There is nothing more exciting or challenging than the Christian life.  We are mistreated, sneered at and treated as ignorant contemptables.  But non of those things dissuade us because we have found something so worth living for that life is not worth living without it!  Even more, we have learned to have compassion on those who mistreat us because we remember how miserable life was for us without God in it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Hi JoeC,

I haven't read any of the replies to you, so I hope I'm not repeating, but....

you say you might be an theist - so are you saying you are not sure whether you believe in God from the Hebrew Bible only, or you "could be open" to other "faiths" - or,  you simply don't believe in any other existence but our own and after your life here on earth ends, that's it - nothing?

I ask this because I've heard people say they don't believe in God and are atheists but they do have allegiance to other "faiths".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 1/29/2017 at 10:17 PM, JoeCooper said:

. I would love for some people on this page to give me some good reasons to believe in God.

Hey Joecooper--- howdy- my reason to believe is pretty basic--- I did not like the idea of dying, scared me pretty bad anytime I would let myself think about it seriously~~ and it seemed that the human condition of thought, emotion , compassion, love, language was just to amazing to have just mysteriously developed over gajillions of years---- had to be put together by some one smart~~~~ looking for a prime cause- out of everything available  the Bible was the one thing that stood out---- every other religion required you to do something to please God , so how could you know which set of hoops to jump through???-- Biblical Christianity was different-- God jumped through a hoop for me-- died on the cross so I would not have to worry about death--- thats why I believe

Guest Thallasa
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, JoeCooper said:

Kwik,  

I think I might be an atheist because I don't see any good evidence that god actually exists.  I want to believe things that are true, generally, and so if Christianity is true, I want to believe it.

Have you read about the apostle Thomas ,he had problems with 'belief,, but God did not reject him ,and  gave him proof .  Maybe you just need to talk personally to God, and ask Him to reveal Himself to you ; but keep doing it ,and be patient and sincere . 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, RustyAngeL said:

Hi Joe and welcome to Worthy.  I'm glad you were led here.  I don't believe you got here by accident.

Look around, all of this universe and everything in it does as someone said sings God.  Planets that are kept in their places, the seasons, oceans, sunsets,  Do you realize if we were only a couple miles closer to the sun we would burn up, and just a couple miles further away we would freeze to death?  Things like that that seem so innocent yet are so perfect.

God spoke all this into existence in just six days.  He knew you before you were created.  He created you in His image.  He knows you, what your thoughts are, what you have done and what you are going to do, yet He loves with a perfect love, no strings attached.  

He offers eternity to you with Him in Heaven, a place so wonderful you cannot even beging to imagine.  It's yours, freely for simply turning your life over to Him.  He will take nothing away from you except your sin and give you so much more.  

He left everything in Heaven for you and died on a cross, then rose again three days later.  What perfect love.

I'm so glad your here.  We also have a chat room in which you can come in and visit.  Speak to us one on one with your questions.  You will be more then welcome.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

A very lovely post . Inspiring !!

Guest Thallasa
On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:10 AM, FresnoJoe said:

Welcome~!

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David; the bright morning star."

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." He who hears, let him say, "Come." He who is thirsty, let him come. He who desires, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17 (New Heart English Bible)

:mgdetective:

Although The Evidence Is All Around All Of Us

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:7-10 (New International Version)

Some Will Still Take A Hike

Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. Hebrews 3:12 (New Living Translation)

To Death

but he who fails to find me injures himself; all who hate me love death.” Proverbs 8:36 (English Standard Version)

~

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Berean Study Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

That quote from Job, is new to me, and quite wonderful, as I always see God when I feed my birdies who flock to my garden , and sing to me, when I go  outside .