Kevin_

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My previous post (which was longer and more detailed) didn't seem to work for whatever reason so I'm just gonna cut right into the chase with this abridged version. I think my family is going to be left behind in the rapture. 

My parents believe in God, they claim to be Christian, and were once dedicated servants to the Lord, but now they live a more sinful lifestyle of smoking, cursing, etc. My mom does drive my brother, sister and I to church on most Sundays and Wednesdays, but none of them go themselves. My brother and sister read the Bible and pray two to three times a day, but they do not dedicate their lives to the Lord as much as I try to. I've been praying to the Lord asking for help on this, but nothing seems to be happening. I'm a very introverted person and I stutter frequently whenever I talk about very serious matters with my parents. I just keep going through my mind, thinking about how awkward the situation would be, and how much I'll likely mess up while telling them what they need to do. I keep reading articles about how the Rapture can happen at any moment, and that just fuels my stress more. I'm very confident that, if I don't tell my family members before I run out of time, they will be left behind and they will suffer. This has completely ruined my image of what the Rapture would look like. The Rapture is always described as what should be the most happy point in a Christian's life. Getting to meet up with Jesus Christ himself, in the air, and be taken to live eternally in Heaven, when I think about this, it honestly sounds great, but then I remember that my family likely won't be there in the sky with me. I keep including the same phrase in my prayers every night, telling and asking the Lord to keep me focus on informing my parents about how their lives are on a train track, and the Rapture is the train. I want to enjoy the coming of Christ, and I want my family to enjoy it with me.

Edited by Kevin_

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Welcome, Kevin!

Start slowly. First, be sure you pray every day for God's strength. Ask Him to give you the courage, and His words. Not your words, but His, the ones He wants them to hear. Ask Him to give you opportunities and the wisdom to recognize them. And always remember it is God and the Holy Spirit who works in hearts; nothing you say will matter if God is not at work. Ask Him to work in their hearts and lives. You shouldn't feel burdened by it; just ask for the words and the courage, and leave the rest to God. It is He who saves, after all.

God bless!

We are saved by what we believe, not how we behave. If your parents were sincere when they accepted Christ as their personal Savior, than they will not be left behind in the Rapture. Only GOD knows for sure, so the best you can do is to continue to pray that HE will convict them of their sin and that they will confess and turn themselves back towards HIM.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, Kevin_ said:

My previous post (which was longer and more detailed) didn't seem to work for whatever reason so I'm just gonna cut right into the chase with this abridged version. I think my family is going to be left behind in the rapture. 

My parents believe in God, they claim to be Christian, and were once dedicated servants to the Lord, but now they live a more sinful lifestyle of smoking, cursing, etc. My mom does drive my brother, sister and I to church on most Sundays and Wednesdays, but none of them go themselves. My brother and sister read the Bible and pray two to three times a day, but they do not dedicate their lives to the Lord as much as I try to. I've been praying to the Lord asking for help on this, but nothing seems to be happening. I'm a very introverted person and I stutter frequently whenever I talk about very serious matters with my parents. I just keep going through my mind, thinking about how awkward the situation would be, and how much I'll likely mess up while telling them what they need to do. I keep reading articles about how the Rapture can happen at any moment, and that just fuels my stress more. I'm very confident that, if I don't tell my family members before I run out of time, they will be left behind and they will suffer. This has completely ruined my image of what the Rapture would look like. The Rapture is always described as what should be the most happy point in a Christian's life. Getting to meet up with Jesus Christ himself, in the air, and be taken to live eternally in Heaven, when I think about this, it honestly sounds great, but then I remember that my family likely won't be there in the sky with me. I keep including the same phrase in my prayers every night, telling and asking the Lord to keep me focus on informing my parents about how their lives are on a train track, and the Rapture is the train. I want to enjoy the coming of Christ, and I want my family to enjoy it with me.

I think you should pray for your family. We can plant a seed but only God can change the heart. Have you ever sat down with your family and told them your concerns? Pray to God before you sit down with them. Ask God to put the right words in your mind and on your tongue. Ask Him for strength. You have a good heart being so concerned for your family. God knows that. Those who stay on earth after the rapture of the Church will have another opportunity to come to Christ. And if they do not you will not be grieved if they do not get to heaven. It is their choice.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Kevin

Welcome to Worthy,the important question is what do you believe,are you a Christian?I saw you mention that you "try" to dedicate your life to the Lord,it seems to me you might not understand that you don't have to "try" to be right with the Lord,,,,,all you need do is ask Jesus to be Lord & Savior of your life and you begin at the foot of the cross,HE took your place on that cross to forgive you and give you not only Eternal Life but  a life more abundant here & now but as well...

So before we talk about your family members I think it is important that you Receive your own Blessed Assurance from God and move on from there.....sound good?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, Kevin_ said:

Welcome to Worthy Kevin.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

16 hours ago, Kevin_ said:

Welcome To Worthy Kevin_

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/30/2017 at 11:26 PM, Kevin_ said:

Hi, You may stutter,  even as perhaps Moses did. BUT, you are also articulate, very easy to read and understand.

Perhaps you might pray, and think, and read the Bible, as you put together a wrtten presentation  for your family ( Unless God will grant you an Aaron as an  aid ). In it share of how you are hurt by  coarseness of speech, and wonder where is the evidence of salvation to be found in each of your lives. Ask might they reassure you that they do, trust upon Jesus as their Lord God and savior, or if not share the why of  where they are in understanding and receiving the grace and faith of jesus to their salvation.

May God  give you comfort.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Hello and Welcome Kevin,

BK1110 offered a great idea . . . . . Start Slow.  Sure, the rapture may happen at any time and so can an accident.  No need to feel pressure about the when part.  Continue your journey with prayers for your family, and I would only add that maybe a one on one conversion with each family member would show better results.   God Bless