• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Kevin,

Worthy is the lamb who was slain for our sins. He died so we may live. For Jesus has given a everlasting gift of life to us that isn't tarnished by this world. Now therefore there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus.

Now can we backslide as Christians? that is up for debate by many. Your Mom and Dad sound like they currently have a Strained relationship with God. life gets in the way for many of us and struggles come and our focus falls away from Christ. That is why it is of the utmost importance to keep our focus on Christ at all times.

What can you do? Well your responsibility is to Christ alone. what do I mean by that? you are to praise and worship him in spirit and in truth. seek his face and his guidance. the Lord will direct you and speak with you on matters he wants you to address, both personally and things he calls for you to speak to others about. He will give you the words and the actions to reach your family and friends. you aren't to stress and worry about what you need to do. you see God is in control, he may ask you to intervene or he may just ask you to stay by your family and pray in quiet as he calls another to bring his word to them that brings his holy conviction upon there hearts. 

in closing and to get to the point God calls us to trust in him and serve him, he will take care of the other stuff including your life around you. you just need to be in a place of receiving his word and direction so you can act when he calls upon you to act. so Pray throughout the day and stay in the Word of God, and praise him throughout the day. Best of all Ask and he will be faithful to answer.   

Edited by WholeyGod'schild

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Welcome Kevin,
Do not feel alone in this matter as I myself have battled that same question and still feel that I to may be left behind. I have learned that Jesus is in control and if my feelings come true then I know that I will be there for a reason. Think of the preacher that was left behind in the movie left behind he was there to lead a hole new group to Christ. This can be true for anyone of us, God uses all things for his glory. Be strong stay in the word and remain patient and remember our timing is always off lol.  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 1/30/2017 at 10:26 PM, Kevin_ said:

My previous post (which was longer and more detailed) didn't seem to work for whatever reason so I'm just gonna cut right into the chase with this abridged version. I think my family is going to be left behind in the rapture. 

My parents believe in God, they claim to be Christian, and were once dedicated servants to the Lord, but now they live a more sinful lifestyle of smoking, cursing, etc. My mom does drive my brother, sister and I to church on most Sundays and Wednesdays, but none of them go themselves. My brother and sister read the Bible and pray two to three times a day, but they do not dedicate their lives to the Lord as much as I try to. I've been praying to the Lord asking for help on this, but nothing seems to be happening. I'm a very introverted person and I stutter frequently whenever I talk about very serious matters with my parents. I just keep going through my mind, thinking about how awkward the situation would be, and how much I'll likely mess up while telling them what they need to do. I keep reading articles about how the Rapture can happen at any moment, and that just fuels my stress more. I'm very confident that, if I don't tell my family members before I run out of time, they will be left behind and they will suffer. This has completely ruined my image of what the Rapture would look like. The Rapture is always described as what should be the most happy point in a Christian's life. Getting to meet up with Jesus Christ himself, in the air, and be taken to live eternally in Heaven, when I think about this, it honestly sounds great, but then I remember that my family likely won't be there in the sky with me. I keep including the same phrase in my prayers every night, telling and asking the Lord to keep me focus on informing my parents about how their lives are on a train track, and the Rapture is the train. I want to enjoy the coming of Christ, and I want my family to enjoy it with me.

Kevin I should have also said that I to smoke and I was a falling down drunk twice (I must have thought that I got it wrong the first time lol) and I cursed like a drunken sailor. Then before I started my last and final walk with the Lord, one day I said to myself why do I talk like this it doesn't make me sound better or smarter in fact it makes me look and sound like an idiot and I just quit talking that way (thank the Lord). Then after my wife told me she could not take my drinking anymore I turned to the lord and asked him for help, I said to him I don't want to lose my wife so please take the alcohol away that's all I said I didn't promises anything just take it away. The very next day the urge was gone no hang over no withdrawals nothing that was 18 years ago and I'm still OK (this is also when I started my current walk with the Lord). Now I still battle with smoking I have asked the Lord to please remove this as well more than once but for now that is a cross I must bear. So I guess what I'm saying is be patient the Lord is good and knows the best way and time to open there eyes to what needs to be changed. The heavenly Father did not forsake me when I was back sliding why would Father forsake them? 

Be strong, stay the coarse and God Bless

Once again. we are saved by what we believe, not how we behave. If you believe in Christ as your Lord and Savior (whether you act like it or not) you will not be "left behind" at the Rapture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Once again. we are saved by what we believe, not how we behave. If you believe in Christ as your Lord and Savior (whether you act like it or not) you will not be "left behind" at the Rapture.

Faith without works is dead. James 2:14-26

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Amen Rick, when we realize where we're saved from we want to live for Jesus and "Yes" we still do sin but we repent and Jesus will forgive us , thank you Jesus , if we have to deserve heaven,  nobody will  never get there..

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God Eph.2:8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Works without faith is nothing.. if we realize Jesus saved us for all eternity we desire to live for him,anything without Jesus is sinking sand.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God Eph.2:8

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 2/2/2017 at 8:18 AM, 1x1is1 said:

Sure, the rapture may happen at any time and so can an accident.

That is often a neglected fact! The Rapture could be a long ways off yet, but our personal end times encounter with the Lord may be more certain. Few live past 100 years, some will die tomorrow (or even in the next few minutes), rapture or not!

Let's look at the principle of the watchman in Exekial 33:

1And the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2“Son of man, speak to the sons of your people and say to them, ‘If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman,3and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows on the trumpet and warns the people, 4then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his ownhead. 5‘He heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning; his blood will be on himself. But had he taken warning, he would have delivered his life. 6‘But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman’s hand.’

As believers, we have the job of warning others of judgement to come. Paul understood this as we see in Acts 20:

25“And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face. 26“Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27“For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God. 28“Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29“I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31“Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears. 

Are we, like Paul, innocent of blood? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Obedience to God is important. We all are sinners and we sin everyday without realizing it. But we ask for forgiveness everyday as well. But we should not purposely sin realizing that we are saved so we are safe. That is mocking God. We do our best to be obedient to God and to do God's Will. To know what the Bible says how we should conduct our lives. We will all be judged for what we did while in these bodies while on earth.

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

So, your works also save you? Jesus death and resurrection was not enough to save you? Scripture teaches  "Then they inquired, 'What must we do to perform the works of God?'Jesus answered, 'The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.'" (John 6:8-9)

Our works are what we do to show appreciation to GOD for what HE has done for us......sending us HIS Son, but they cannot save us. To GOD our works are nothing but filthy rags. 1 Corinthians 3:12-15  says "If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, his workmanship will be evident, because the DAY will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved--even though only as one escaping through the flames."