• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Arab speaking Christians use the Word

Yes.  And so do Christians from several different languages.  If I am not mistaken in southeast asia possibly millions of people might use that term in a Christian context or in churches or elsewhere.  The term is also used in some other parts of the world such as Africa etc

Edited by just_abc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 1/31/2017 at 9:51 AM, shiloh357 said:

I have racked my brain for years, trying to figure out why atheists and far-left liberals support Islam and even push educating our children in public schools about the “Religion of Peace.” The videos of beheadings and mass executions do not affect them. And obviously, their tiresome mantra “Separation of Church and State” doesn’t apply to Islam.

In my articles about Islam, I have said that I believe that Allah is Satan. I also believe that the Islamic jihadists are demon possessed. There are approximately 1.6 billion Muslims on our planet. A little over 300 million of them are jihadists and want us dead.

“In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them” (2 Corinthians 4:4).

“We, as infidels in the eyes of our enemy, need to understand the danger we face: A totalitarian ideology – whether its origin is mainstream or marginal – threatens to enslave, dominate, and murder us in order to realize its vision for global conquest.” ~Brigitte Gabriel from They Must Be Stopped

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Ephesians 6:12)

We are NOT fighting the Muslims. We ARE wrestling against principalities, rulers of darkness and spiritual wickedness — SATAN and his demons!

People have responded to me in shock and anger at calling Allah, Satan. They defend the “god” of the Muslims. And to that I say “Yes! Allah is god, but NOT the God of the Bible. He is the god of this world!

For more please read:  https://grandmageri422.me/2017/01/30/why-liberals-love-islam/

Interesting; I also believe allah is satan and have for a long time.  As for why liberals love islam, that one puzzles me. They would be the first to lose their heads under Shar'ia law.  Islamists hate the Hollywood types and their lifestyles and have no tolerance for gays or the 'nasty woman' agenda.  Madonna and others like her would be publicly stoned under islamic beliefs.

• Group:  Senior Member

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

So what would you (or anyone here) suggest to prevent confusion

um.... perhaps by considering how terms for God are used in other languages ?  

The Arabic / Indonesian / etc languages are not the only languages in the world where both Christians and non-Christians might use the same term in a language.  For example in some / many other asian languages.. both Christians and non-Christians might use the same general term for God in that language. 

Even in the english language ..both Christians and non-Christians {for example cults such as mormonism } .. might use the english language term 'God'...... But this does NOT mean that the mormon version/ understanding of God is the same as the Christians....       

I think that usually on worthy if Christians were to talk about Mormonism.. they would firstly usually make clear that they are referring to Mormonism....  Also they would not usually write general statement such as  'God is....{insult word}'    Because they realise that Christians also use the same english word.   

That awareness does not always seem to extend to certain non-english word/s.

Just a thought.

ps    To the Mods.. please note that I did not write a 'bad word' in the post but deliberately typed out the phrase 'insult word'  - thanks! 

Edited by just_abc

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If what you say is true, then why the confusion as Steve pointed out? Why are Christian Arabs offended? Can't they see the genericness in the name?

I am sorry - but I don't know which post you are referring to? 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Sorry, it was not Steve's, but Omegaman...see last paragraph.

ok thanks  :)

Well I am not Arab Christian - so I can't speak for them.  But if I may give a hypothetical example about english speaking Christians? 

If sometime in the future.. if say Christians in a foreign country {such as France for example} decided to import the english word 'God' into their language there.. but decided to modify the meaning of the word so that it refers soley to mormonism only ....

And if an english-speaking Christian who also speaks that language .. for example perhaps a Christian in Quebec Canada .. were to go to a french Christian website and read the posts there.... and saw fellow Christians saying things like...

'God is.... [bad word]'

'God is.... [insult word]'

I am wondering how would that Christian feel to see that written in such a general way - about a word that he/she uses in their own bible even in John3:16?  Especially if it is not made clear that the insult sentence was not referring to the God of the Bible?

I am thinking wouldn't many english speaking Christians possibly feel a bit sad or hurt.. if they see their fellow Christians saying nasty things about the word God?  The same word that english speaking Christians use when they call out to the Lord?    I dunno.  Just my personal thoughts that's all.  Perhaps I am mistaken.

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by just_abc