• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

I cannot edit your posts.Ā  Either you do the editing, or you can ask a Servant to do so.

I did not mean it literally.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I did not mean it literally.

Sorry, I took it literally.Ā  I had already correct what you said, which is why I thought you were asking me to edit your post also.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Sorry, I took it literally.Ā  I had already correct what you said, which is why I thought you were asking me to edit your post also.

I can edit my post if you think that would be best.

12 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I can edit my post if you think that would be best.

No, no need.Ā  I believe it is good when I am in error and someone corrects me to show the grace and humility the way you did.Ā  I'd leave it as an example instead of trying to change it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly believe, if the Seventh Day Adventist as a whole were to remove the false prophet Ellen G. White and her teachings, the entire SDA would go also. They esteem her and her writings that much.
Also, unless things have changed in the past few years, they still allow for abortion. For the Christian, abortion for any reason is cold blooded murder...

They attempt to tip toe around the issue, while attempting to stand on God's Word as well...
James 3:12Ā  Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

For the underlined reasons below from their official site, they indicate the acceptable reasons for a pregnant woman in the SDA cult to kill their child if after counseling they decide to do so:

Abortion
snip
"...Women, at times however, may face exceptional circumstances that present serious moral or medical dilemmas, such as significant threats to the pregnant woman's life, serious jeopardy to her health, severe congenital defects carefully diagnosed in the fetus, and pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. The final decision whether to terminate the pregnancy or not should be made by the pregnant woman after appropriate consultation."

These guidelines were approved and voted by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists Executive Committee at the Annual Council session in Silver Spring, Maryland, October 12, 1992.

8 minutes ago, B3L13v3R said:

I honestly believe, if the Seventh Day Adventist as a whole were to remove the false prophet Ellen G. White and her teachings, the entire SDA would go also. They esteem her and her writings that much.
Also, unless things have changed in the past few years, they still allow for abortion. For the Christian, abortion for any reason is cold blooded murder...

They attempt to tip toe around the issue, while attempting to stand on God's Word as well...
James 3:12Ā  Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

For the underlined reasons below from their official site, they indicate the acceptable reasons for a pregnant woman in the SDA cult to kill their child if after counseling they decide to do so:

Abortion
snip
"...Women, at times however, may face exceptional circumstances that present serious moral or medical dilemmas, such as significant threats to the pregnant woman's life, serious jeopardy to her health, severe congenital defects carefully diagnosed in the fetus, and pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. The final decision whether to terminate the pregnancy or not should be made by the pregnant woman after appropriate consultation."

These guidelines were approved and voted by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists Executive Committee at the Annual Council session in Silver Spring, Maryland, October 12, 1992.

You first comments is exactly what was happening in the SDA when it was first created, but not today.Ā  It wold benefit your understanding of them if you were to do more research and compare their beginning to what they believe today.Ā  I do agree if they were to discard the prophecies of Ellen White, they would be far better off, but they do not esteem her any longer.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think he is the most wonderful person

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

On 2/8/2017 at 8:37 AM, OneLight said:

You first comments is exactly what was happening in the SDA when it was first created, but not today.Ā  It wold benefit your understanding of them if you were to do more research and compare their beginning to what they believe today.Ā  I do agree if they were to discard the prophecies of Ellen White, they would be far better off, but they do not esteem her any longer.

Speaking as a resident sda of these WCFs Ā lol, I can that there are many in my church who either disregard her writings. Ā Many of those fall into the liberal camp of Adventism. Ā They are preach come as you are(and stay as you are sometimes), they eat, dress, sing, danceĀ and talk like everyone else. Ā For them the only distinction between us and the rest of christianity is the 7th day sabbath. Ā Then you have the conservative side that still "esteems" the writings of EGW. Ā They believe that we are to be a peculiar people and not worry about what others think of us. Ā I would say that camp is slowly growing especially in the US because they are tired of seeing a gospel that has become sugar coated. Ā I have to admit I was leaning towards that first camp until I began to read her books for myself and realized this woman was inspired. Ā She predicts a shaking in our church and I couldn't imagine it before but I can definitely see that coming into fulfillment in these days. Ā But speaking to the post, I generally enjoy Pastor Doug and believe he is a genuine christian. Ā Hope to meet him someday.

1 hour ago, Remnantrob said:

Speaking as a resident sda of these WCFs Ā lol, I can that there are many in my church who either disregard her writings. Ā Many of those fall into the liberal camp of Adventism. Ā They are preach come as you are(and stay as you are sometimes), they eat, dress, sing, danceĀ and talk like everyone else. Ā For them the only distinction between us and the rest of christianity is the 7th day sabbath. Ā Then you have the conservative side that still "esteems" the writings of EGW. Ā They believe that we are to be a peculiar people and not worry about what others think of us. Ā I would say that camp is slowly growing especially in the US because they are tired of seeing a gospel that has become sugar coated. Ā I have to admit I was leaning towards that first camp until I began to read her books for myself and realized this woman was inspired. Ā She predicts a shaking in our church and I couldn't imagine it before but I can definitely see that coming into fulfillment in these days. Ā But speaking to the post, I generally enjoy Pastor Doug and believe he is a genuine christian. Ā Hope to meet him someday.

Ā 

On 2/7/2017 at 5:08 PM, OneLight said:

I have watched a video by Doug called The Final Events of Bible Prophecy which is found on You Tube.Ā  It was well put together, but if you listen very carefully, and follow the references of scripture he uses, you will see how there is false teaching.Ā  One such teaching is when Doug tells the listeners that the Holy Spirit will come and teach us, bringing about a revival (time 12:10), but the scripture he points to is Revelation 18:1, which states ...

After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory.

In essence, Doug is teaching that the Holy Spirit is an angel.Ā  This is just one of the many places I disagree with Doug in his teaching on just this one video.Ā  He also has events far out of sync with the scriptural time line.

Be very careful what you are being taught and by whom.

I am editing this reply for more clarification of my statement of "Be very careful what you are being taught and by whom.".Ā  This is a general statement, and allow me to explain why I felt this clarification was necessary.

When the Millerites split, and one group became what is knows as the Seventh Day Adventist in 1863, I would of considered them a cult due to the teachings so Ellen White and her prophecies.Ā  If one was to take a good look at their beliefs then and compare it to today, you will see en evolution take place.Ā  Though I do disagree on some of the teaching of the Seventh Day Adventist, I would no longer consider them a cult.

I pointed to where Doug stated that the Holy Spirit will come and teach us, which I agree, but the scripture he pointed to was Revelation 18:1.Ā  Can you tell me if this was a mistake or does the SDA believe that the Holy Spirit is just another angel?