• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/13/1979

A dream is a power mirror to check and balance our life. Mathew: 13:25" says when men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way"
You can see from the scripture above, we could see that most of the time, our dreams can be a source of woe rather than upliftment.

Dreams are supposed to be a medium whereby God speaks to His children but sometimes it is not so.
Many have woken up from their with sickness, failure and confusion. In fact, many did not survive the attack of their enemy in their dreams.

www.davidimafidon.com

The verse you posted is not about dreams. It is from a Parable that Jesus used to demonstrate that sinners and the saved will grow together until the reaping. 

Matt 24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

33 minutes ago, JaniceR said:

The verse you posted is not about dreams. It is from a Parable that Jesus used to demonstrate that sinners and the saved will grow together until the reaping. 

Matt 24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

You are right. It is a Parable in the Bible. Has nothing to do with dreams. We are not to give dreams any importance. They are just our subconscious that our brain plays back to us when we sleep.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, JaniceR said:

Seems to me there might be room to give some credence to the idea that dreams  are more than an idle exercise of our brain.

"Now Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers they hated him even more. He said to them, “Hear this dream that I have dreamed: Behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and behold, my sheaf arose and stood upright. And behold, your sheaves gathered around it and bowed down to my sheaf.” His brothers said to him, “Are you indeed to reign over us? Or are you indeed to rule over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.

Then he dreamed another dream"....

Of Course there are dreams and there are visions, and there are old men dreaming their dreams of things past and young men visioning what may become future dreams too.

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions." From Joel

“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; From Acts

Evidently it bears repeating.

The idea of a power mirror I had not considered before. I think I will give that a bit of a thought; and also try to think through for my own benefit the influence  differing cultures and experiences may have on the understandings of the reveal we each receive about the word of God as it reveals Jesus to each of us. "Power mirror" Hmm...

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Seems to me there might be room to give some credence to the idea that dreams  are more than an idle exercise of our brain.

I didn't say whether dreams had credence or not. I simply pointed out that the verse used in the opening post was from a parable, and was not used as context to support the idea that dreams are used as a medium.

11 hours ago, oduma101 said:

A dream is a power mirror to check and balance our life. Mathew: 13:25" says when men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way"
You can see from the scripture above, we could see that most of the time, our dreams can be a source of woe rather than upliftment.

Dreams are supposed to be a medium whereby God speaks to His children but sometimes it is not so.
Many have woken up from their with sickness, failure and confusion. In fact, many did not survive the attack of their enemy in their dreams.

www.davidimafidon.com

I suppose many or at least some do take their sleep time dreams and make them into visions and  do become distressed sick and even die of the result of following an unconscious thought mistaking a dream for a vision from God; the enemy Satan using the counterfeit to defeat the real thing . Yes perhaps that does happen, and maybe often.

I know I "suffered" reoccurring debilitating daydreams and night time dreams with visions, that eventually led me to move 2800 miles to find out I was to  make it possible for a local body of Christ to resolve a serious financial issue they had. Now I was just a little cog in the solution to their problem, but it my obedience to the call of the reoccuring dreams and visions  became their pivot to their financial solvency. Whether of God or of Satan, I suppose depends upon the merit or lack of it  of that local body of Christ Jesus.  

8 minutes ago, JaniceR said:

I didn't say whether dreams had credence or not. I simply pointed out that the verse used in the opening post was from a parable, and was not used as context to support the idea that dreams are used as a medium.

Fair enough JaniceR.

I don't know that I had or have any objection to your highlighting that in your first post. I simply followed your post, it having enlightened me to my own thoughts, and in so doing I quoted you. I guess I could have posted by hitting a different link instead and your post would not have become  intwined with mine.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/31/1972

God still speaks to us in dreams and yes some are attacks from satan.  I was warned of many things in my life from the Lord through dreams. The closer you draw to HIM the more you will understand the way HE speaks to us "his children".  If you limit yourself then limited you will be. If you desire to hear from HIM and hunger for HIM HE will speak to you thru whatever means you allow yourself to hear from. But for those that want to say that GOD does not speak to us thru dreams, visions etc........I personally find that sad, because our Father wants to talk with us, warn us, lead us and show the way. The more time you spend with the Lord the clearer you hear HIS voice, rather in the form of dreams or in prayer. I go to bed every night expecting Him to visit me and speak with me, and HE has not failed me. Alot of the dreams are for when I wake HE wants me to have prophetic intercession over what HE showed me.........I pray we all hear HIM and know HIM better. I do not wish to do debates for I find it childish, and their is no reason for argument, there is way to many things to be done for the kingdom of GOD for HIS return is soon. Have a blessed day in Jesus name!!!

2 hours ago, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

God still speaks to us in dreams and yes some are attacks from satan.  I was warned of many things in my life from the Lord through dreams. The closer you draw to HIM the more you will understand the way HE speaks to us "his children".  If you limit yourself then limited you will be. If you desire to hear from HIM and hunger for HIM HE will speak to you thru whatever means you allow yourself to hear from. But for those that want to say that GOD does not speak to us thru dreams, visions etc........I personally find that sad, because our Father wants to talk with us, warn us, lead us and show the way. The more time you spend with the Lord the clearer you hear HIS voice, rather in the form of dreams or in prayer. I go to bed every night expecting Him to visit me and speak with me, and HE has not failed me. Alot of the dreams are for when I wake HE wants me to have prophetic intercession over what HE showed me.........I pray we all hear HIM and know HIM better. I do not wish to do debates for I find it childish, and their is no reason for argument, there is way to many things to be done for the kingdom of GOD for HIS return is soon. Have a blessed day in Jesus name!!!

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Fair enough JaniceR.

I don't know that I had or have any objection to your highlighting that in your first post. I simply followed your post, it having enlightened me to my own thoughts, and in so doing I quoted you. I guess I could have posted by hitting a different link instead and your post would not have become  intwined with mine.

. As a new born babe in Christ dream might be the first level of communication with God but as you grow more in faith and dwell more in His presence maturity comes in if for example you are hooked up in a place and there is a need for you to hear from God to tell you what to do, will you run to sleep in order for you to hear from Him? Hearing God's voice is a good experience God bless you PORCH

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Fair enough JaniceR.

Send me your link, please.