IGNORED

What does the Bible says about women pastors?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What does the bible says about women pastors?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Scripture plainly and clearly teaches that God calls women to preach. There is as much controversy regarding the subject, whether God calls women to preach as there is on all other doctrinal issues. Thankfully, as always, the Scriptures clear up this question like they do all others matters if we will but believe the Bible.

In the gospel there were several woman messengers who proclaimed the good news (Matt. 28:1-10; Luke 24:9-11; John 4:28-30; 20:16-18). Is proclaiming the good news preaching??

There is nothing in Scripture which says women cannot be used by God to further His work on this Earth?

Regarding these end time days, in Acts we have a prediction that God will pour out of His Spirit in the last days "UPON ALL FLESH; and your sons and DAUGHTERS shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; and upon my servants and upon my HANDMAIDENS I will pour out of my Spirit and they will prophesy." Prophesying is explained in 1 Cor. 14:3-4 as "speaking unto MEN to edification and exhortation and comfort." Thats preaching, teaching, praying, in anyones language. and God says He will pour out His Spirit upon men and WOMEN to enable them to do this!

These following passages prove to any unbiased mind that prophesying is for the church which has men and WOMEN members (1 Cor. 12:1-13; 14:1-6, 12, 24-26, 29-33).

In Acts 21:8-9 we read Philip had four daughters that did prophecy or preach in the early church.

In Romans 16 we have Phebe, Priscilla, Mary Junia, Tryphosa, Persis, all female names, women mentioned as laborers in the gospel.

In Phil. 4:2-3 we have Euodias and Syntyche, two women who are emntioned as leaders in the local church at Philippi. They are referred to as "those WOMEN which labored with me in the Gospel."

Paul speaks of the Corinthian women prophesying and praying in church (1 Cor. 11:4; 14:1-5, 23-26).

When Paul said for women to "keep silence in the church" he was not speaking of women prophesying or praying, but he referred to asking their husbands certain things at church.

He said, "If they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home" and not in the church (1 Cor. 14:34-35). But that they could speak and prophecy and pray in church is clear from 1 Cor. 11:4; 14:3-4, 23-26; and Acts 2:16-21.

Women have been used in all ages by God, Read there Scriptures and some men can disbelieve them if they want, but who realy cares? Its the Scriptures which matter and not what some men think. (Ex. 15:20; Judges 4:4; 2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chron. 34:22; Neh. 6:14; Isa. 8:3; Luke 1:39-56; 2:36).
God is soverign and He can use a woman when He pleases and He does not have to ask some mere man whom He should use and whether He should use a women or man. And most women I have heard have made more sense regarding doctrin than most men I have ever heard regarding doctrin or the actual Word of God?

Leaving the question of women aside regarding their Christian walk and what motivates them regarding God's Word, we can just as easily ask, "What dominates the average male Christians life regarding God's Word?"

It is not the major sins of the flesh that men permit to dominate them, but it is the sin of constantly doubting God and His Word that destroys the thruth and men’s relationship with Him.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

We have thread on this

1 hour ago, worthy said:

We have thread on this

He joined just 9 hours ago, nothing wrong with asking the question surely?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Quote from Got Answears-- woman pastors--- no no no

The Word of God proclaims, “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” (1 Timothy 2:11–12). In the church, God assigns different roles to men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world (1 Timothy 2:13–14). God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to them, teaching them publicly, and exercising spiritual authority over them.

14 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Quote from Got Answears-- woman pastors--- no no no

The Word of God proclaims, “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” (1 Timothy 2:11–12). In the church, God assigns different roles to men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world (1 Timothy 2:13–14). God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to them, teaching them publicly, and exercising spiritual authority over them.

These following passages prove to any unbiased mind that prophesying is for the church which has men and WOMEN members (1 Cor. 12:1-13; 14:1-6, 12, 24-26, 29-33).

In Acts 21:8-9 we read Philip had four daughters that did prophecy or preach in the early church.

In Romans 16 we have Phebe, Priscilla, Mary Junia, Tryphosa, Persis, all female names, women mentioned as laborers in the gospel.

In Phil. 4:2-3 we have Euodias and Syntyche, two women who are emntioned as leaders in the local church at Philippi. They are referred to as "those WOMEN which labored with me in the Gospel."

Paul speaks of the Corinthian women prophesying and praying in church (1 Cor. 11:4; 14:1-5, 23-26).

When Paul said for women to "keep silence in the church" he was not speaking of women prophesying or praying, but he referred to asking their husbands certain things at church.

He said, "If they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home" and not in the church (1 Cor. 14:34-35). But that they could speak and prophecy and pray in church is clear from 1 Cor. 11:4; 14:3-4, 23-26; and Acts 2:16-21.

Women have been used in all ages by God, Read there Scriptures and some men can disbelieve them if they want, but who realy cares? Its the Scriptures which matter and not what some men think. (Ex. 15:20; Judges 4:4; 2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chron. 34:22; Neh. 6:14; Isa. 8:3; Luke 1:39-56; 2:36).
God is soverign and He can use a woman when He pleases and He does not have to ask some mere man whom He should use and whether He should use a women or man. And most women I have heard have made more sense regarding doctrin than most men I have ever heard regarding doctrin or the actual Word of God?

Leaving the question of women aside regarding their Christian walk and what motivates them regarding God's Word, we can just as easily ask, "What dominates the average male Christians life regarding God's Word?"

It is not the major sins of the flesh that men permit to dominate them, but it is the sin of constantly doubting God and His Word that destroys the thruth and men’s relationship with Him.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

There's only one problem with your observation.  After the completing of the New Testament, the spiritual gift of prophecy was not required, and was in fact withdrawn. The same would apply to the gift of apostles. 

Not one of the Early Church Fathers ever claimed to be a prophet or an apostle. So, once again, neither men nor women can be true prophets today, and those who make this claim are either self-deluded or deluding others.  All these so-called modern prophecies are really derived from Scripture. The book of Revelation closed off any further prophecies.

10 minutes ago, Ezra said:

There's only one problem with your observation.  After the completing of the New Testament, the spiritual gift of prophecy was not required, and was in fact withdrawn. The same would apply to the gift of apostles. 

Not one of the Early Church Fathers ever claimed to be a prophet or an apostle. So, once again, neither men nor women can be true prophets today, and those who make this claim are either self-deluded or deluding others.  All these so-called modern prophecies are really derived from Scripture. The book of Revelation closed off any further prophecies.

Its not my observation at all. Whether the Old Testament PROPHETS claimed to be prophets or not, they were in fact prophets. They all had varying measures of the Holy Spirit 

Men in the Old Testament received different measures of the Spirit and did work according to the measure of the Spirit and power they received. That there were different measures of the Spirit before men first received the Spirit baptism at Pentecost is clear from both Testaments.

In Num. 11:16-25 the one portion of the Spirit Moses had was divided into seventy-one parts. Elisha received a “double portion” of Elijah's Spirit and the record shows that he did twice as many miracles which were twice as great (2 Ki. 2:9). Elijah did sixteen miracles and Elisha thirty-two; Elijah shut the heavens for 3½ years and Elisha for seven (1 Ki. 17:1–2 Ki. 13:21; Jas. 5:17). John the Baptist had the same measure of the Spirit that Elijah had, not the “double portion” of Elisha or the seventy-one portions of Moses (Lk. 1:15-17).

The disciples had a great measure of the Spirit and power of Christ (Mt. 10:1-8, 20; Mk. 6:7-13; Lk. 10:1-20) but they did not have the fullness of the Spirit until Pentecost (Lk. 24:49; Jn. 7:37-39; 14:12-17, 26; 15:26; 16:13-15; Acts 1:4-8; 2:1-39).

Jesus had the Spirit “without measure” (Jn. 3:34). Paul speaks of “the supply of the Spirit” (Phil. 1:19); “the earnest of the Spirit” (2 Cor. 1:22; 5:5); and “the fullness of God” (Eph. 3:19). John speaks of men receiving “of his Spirit” and “of his fullness” thus implying only a part of the fullness of God (Jn. 1:16; 1 Jn. 4:13).

John 14:12-14 King James Version

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."

Like I said in my earlier post, women have been used in all ages by God, Read there Scriptures and some men can disbelieve them if they want, but who really cares?

Its the Scriptures which matter and not what some men think. (Ex. 15:20; Judges 4:4; 2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chron. 34:22; Neh. 6:14; Isa. 8:3; Luke 1:39-56; 2:36).

Acts 21:8-9, And on the morrow we departed, and came unto Caesarea: and entering into the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, we abode with him.
V. 9, Now this man had four virgin daughters, who prophesied.

In Romans 16 we have Phebe, Priscilla, Mary Junia, Tryphosa, Persis, all female names, women mentioned as labourers in the gospel.

In Phil. 4:2-3 we have Euodias and Syntyche, two women who are mentioned as leaders in the local church at Philippi. They are referred to as "those WOMEN which laboured with me in the Gospel."

Paul speaks of the Corinthian women prophesying and praying in church,  (1 Cor. 11:4; 14:1-5, 23-26).

We cannot deny what the Scriptures teach.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

15 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Its not my observation at all.

You missed the point.  I did not refer to the OT prophets.  We are discussing the NT prophets, and after the apostolic period the gifts of apostles and prophets were withdrawn.  Period.

5 minutes ago, Ezra said:

You missed the point.  I did not refer to the OT prophets.  We are discussing the NT prophets, and after the apostolic period the gifts of apostles and prophets were withdrawn.  Period.

Sorry? Can you give me Scriptures which teach that the gifts of apostles and prophets have been withdrawn. What's with the "Period." ?

I have these which say otherwise;

Regarding these end time days, in Acts we have a prediction that God will pour out of His Spirit in the last days "UPON ALL FLESH; and your sons and DAUGHTERS shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; and upon my servants and upon my HANDMAIDENS I will pour out of my Spirit and they will prophesy." Prophesying is explained in 1 Cor. 14:3-4 as "speaking unto MEN to edification and exhortation and comfort." Thats preaching, teaching, praying, in anyones language. and God says He will pour out His Spirit upon men and WOMEN to enable them to do this!