What do you believe?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are tattoos and body piercings a sin?

• Yes
    • I Do Not Care
    • No

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What Do You Think?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother....

Thanks for sharing,as you say"At first glance",lol   this is true & you MUST read the Word of God in CONTEXT......as for the most part I would say,"No,tattoos are not a sin"After all,I do have a few myself but that was before when I was "of the world"....I think as with so many things it is something that is between YOU & GOD,if you are lead NOT to,then don't.....if this you are not Convicted of then Indeed,"WE are FREE in Christ"

As we come to different levels of maturity in our Christian walk we may see things differently down the road,,,,,I would not go &get tattoos now because of what has been Revealed to ME & I would not want to cause anyone to stumble because of my own personal Convictions.....here is an interesting article on the subject

http://biblereasons.com/tattoos/

As you advised,I do the same,.....a tattoo is permanent (although they do remove them nicely with laser) but something to really consider & as in everything,put all matters before God & seek His Will ......He Will show you what His Desire is......FOR YOU,just obey because you LOVE Him!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I think if a person is very legalistic they would consider a tattoo a sin. But it is very important what a Christian has tattooed on their body because it shows the condition of the heart.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/18/1960

“Life and physical health,” the Church teaches, “are precious gifts entrusted to us by God. We must take reasonable care of them, taking into account the needs of others and the common good” (Catechism, no. 2288). Prudence dictates that persons considering tattoos or body piercing research any health risks that may be involved. If a particular act of tattooing or body piercing entails a likely risk to health, it would be more or less sinful depending upon the gravity of the risk. If a particular act involves mutilation—if the act renders a bodily organ unable to perform its function—the act is immoral (Catechism, no. 2297).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

God gave the first tattoo.

He put a mark on Cain's forehead.

Do you want to be thought of with Cain?

mp3speaker.pngChristian tattoos

Question: "Is it okay to get tattoos if they are of a Christian nature?"

Answer:
As a background, please read our article on "What does the Bible say about tattoos and body piercings?". Beyond the general theme of that article, there is the question of Christian tattoos. Do the same principles apply to tattoos that are of a Christian nature, such as a cross, a Christian slogan, or even a Bible verse? Some Christians have found that having tattoos gives them more credibility, and thereby more possibilities of evangelism, with some groups of people. So what about Christian tattoos?

Obviously, a tattoo of a cross is “better” than a tattoo of a flaming skull, naked woman, or demon. Having a tattoo saying “Jesus saves” could indeed be a conversation starter with some people who would never approach a preacher wearing a suit and tie. Some refer to Revelation 19:16 as an example of Jesus possibly having a tattoo on His thigh, “King of kings and Lord of lords.” The question is not necessarily “is getting a tattoo a sin?” The question is more “is getting a tattoo a good and necessary thing to do?” First Corinthians 10:23 declares, “Everything is permissible – but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible – but not everything is constructive.” Christian tattoos may be “permissible,” but are they beneficial and constructive?

In 1 Corinthians 9:22-23, Paul exclaims, “I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel.” Becoming all things to save some is perhaps the only good possible reason for getting a Christian tattoo. If having a tattoo genuinely opens doors for evangelism that would otherwise be closed, getting Christian tattoos would likely “qualify” under Paul’s “becoming all things” qualification. At the same time, it is frankly difficult to envision a scenario in which having a tattoo would enable a greater possibility of evangelism. If a person will not listen to you due to a lack of a tattoo, it is highly unlikely that such a person would genuinely listen due to the presence of a tattoo.

With that said, the biblically based conclusion would seem to be that Christian tattoos are permissible, but it is highly questionable whether they can be considered beneficial and constructive. A Christian considering getting a tattoo should pray for wisdom (James 1:5) and ask the Lord to provide pure motives and discernment.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-tattoos.html

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Your Brother In Christ said:

What Do You Think?

Leviticus 19:28 KJV Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

Romans 12:1 KJV I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 KJV What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 10:31 KJV  Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Edited by worthy

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Everyone I know who is older than me and got tattoos when they were younger, regret it now. 

My son got a cross tattoo when he was 20. He hates the tattoo. Not the fact that it is a cross but the fact that he sure wishes he would not have gotten a tattoo.

Guest Teditis

I see no problem getting tattoos... of course content needs to be considered.

But I don't think that the OT laws to the Israelites is enforced on Gentile believers,

so these things are a culturally based phenomena which don't go against God's Word.