• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  5.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I have 3 people on my ignored user list, completely blocked, yet I am still seeing this one person quoted while the other people I have on ignore I see nothing. I know they are posting because I see that they have been one the boards. Something is hinky. I don't want to see this person's postings. I am not the first person to complain about this and I would really like to see this resolved, unless this person is someone special or has special privileges. This is something that serious to the integrity of the forum.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

it may be that the first two are not being quoted-- your third person probably shows up in a quote because the program considers the quote to be part of the "quoters" post- not a post from the person you blocked-- that would be my guess-- I am pretty sure there are no "secret handshake users" that get special posting rights here

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

I have 3 people on my ignored user list, completely blocked, yet I am still seeing this one person quoted while the other people I have on ignore I see nothing. I know they are posting because I see that they have been one the boards. Something is hinky. I don't want to see this person's postings. I am not the first person to complain about this and I would really like to see this resolved, unless this person is someone special or has special privileges. This is something that serious to the integrity of the forum.

I am having problems with ignored users as well. I can still see them :noidea: I am thinking of not having anymore ignored users. Where does that come into a Christian's life of loving your neighbors and forgiveness?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I am having problems with ignored users as well. I can still see them :noidea: I am thinking of not having anymore ignored users. Where does that come into a Christian's life of loving your neighbors and forgiveness?

Amen Miss !

Guest Thallasa
9 hours ago, woundeddog said:

it may be that the first two are not being quoted-- your third person probably shows up in a quote because the program considers the quote to be part of the "quoters" post- not a post from the person you blocked-- that would be my guess-- I am pretty sure there are no "secret handshake users" that get special posting rights here

:o

Guest Thallasa
8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Maybe it is for a reason .:huh:

Guest Thallasa
16 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Maybe it is for the reason given my Miss Muffet .:)

14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If someone evokes feelings of anger and disgust, then I would rather ignore that poster than to sin.

22 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

If someone evokes feelings of anger and disgust, then I would rather ignore that poster than to sin.

I do see your point Rick. In a perfect world we would only see kindness in one another. We should bring out best out in one another not the worst. I would not ignore someone because of their Biblical position. I would only post the Biblical truth. I would not ignore someone for their political stance. But if a poster is bullying,harassing or bring downright rude on a continual basis I think there is a good argument for putting them on ignore. I would give a person a few chances. Perhaps they are having a bad day. And maybe they will actually apologize but I would not hold my breath on that :)I would not tell someone that I was going to put them on ignore. What is the point in that? But George has put the ignore option on Worthy for a reason.

Proverbs 22:24 Make no friendship with an angry man,
And with a furious man do not go,

On 2/2/2017 at 5:33 AM, angels4u said:

Amen Miss !

I said I am thinking about it :mellow: