IGNORED

Christian Group Compassion Int'l Being Forced to Close Doors, Abandon 147,000 Children in India

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Christian child sponsorship organization Compassion International could be forced to leave India and the 147,000 children it helps there by March after the government blocked funding from outside the subcontinent.

Compassion, which was founded in 1952 to lift children out of poverty "in Jesus' name" throughout the world, revealed late last year that it was hit by a new application of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, which halted its ability to send funds to more than 500 local child development projects in the Hindu-majority nation.

"We are broken-hearted that the Indian government has put us in a position where we may be forced to close our doors in India. We are praying for a solution that allows us to continue working with our 580-plus churches to provide our holistic child development program to more than 147,000 children," Compassion President and CEO Santiago "Jimmy" Mellado said in an update provided to The Christian Post. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The travesty of pagan governments and depraved indifference. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I am from India. This is a sad thing. Please keep this whole situation in prayers. From what I know, there is not much hope left since government has decided what they want to do.

Maybe the government's thought process revolves around deprivation and a return to pagan ways in order to survive? If these children have no Christian home to go to , they'll renounce Christ and seek the Hindu faith in order to gain fostering or a group home environment? 

But if the India religious way was righteous first these children wouldn't be alone and impoverished in India. 

Whatever the true inspiration behind this decision, besides the obvious, God's arch rival and his machinations, I pray these children are saved before this deadline in March. Perhaps the celebrity that are in India and Christian can contribute funds to keep the home open? Being those monies would be coming from those in country. Thereby complying with this new edict. 

39 minutes ago, KittyBubbleFlowers said:

Maybe the government's thought process revolves around deprivation and a return to pagan ways in order to survive? If these children have no Christian home to go to , they'll renounce Christ and seek the Hindu faith in order to gain fostering or a group home environment? 

But if the India religious way was righteous first these children wouldn't be alone and impoverished in India. 

Whatever the true inspiration behind this decision, besides the obvious, God's arch rival and his machinations, I pray these children are saved before this deadline in March. Perhaps the celebrity that are in India and Christian can contribute funds to keep the home open? Being those monies would be coming from those in country. Thereby complying with this new edict. 

Christianity is minority in India. The current government is known to bring controversial laws such as "anti-religion conversion". It is also known for Christian persecution. Now they are trying to close the doors for all the Christian based NGO's.

4 minutes ago, ravindran said:

Christianity is minority in India. The current government is known to bring controversial laws such as "anti-religion conversion". It is also known for Christian persecution. Now they are trying to close the doors for all the Christian based NGO's.

In these times that does not surprise me. 

Do you currently reside in India as a Christian?

2 hours ago, KittyBubbleFlowers said:

In these times that does not surprise me. 

Do you currently reside in India as a Christian?

Ya.. I am currently in US. My parents are back in India still.

Just now, ravindran said:

Ya.. I am currently in US. My parents are back in India still.

God be with them. And you.  

2 hours ago, KittyBubbleFlowers said:

God be with them. And you.  

Thank you!