• Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, JaniceR said:

Ok not all the time. 95% of the time/

Are you at a perfect weight?

Just now, missmuffet said:

Are you at a perfect weight?

I am within ideal weight/height limits for my age.

I was overweight for a while as was my husband. We changed the way we eat and walk daily, weather permitting.

We are not going for perfect. We are working to be as healthy as possible.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

6 hours ago, OakWood said:

"Take as much as you like. Eat all of it."

Take all you want, but eat all you take

Eat to live, don't live to eat

Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die

Your eyes were bigger than you stomach

One man's meat is another man's poison

Yep, we have a lot of food cliches referring to food that make us comfortable.  I'd say that the best one above is #1 & 2.  It matches with what God did for His people in the desert.  He gave them just enough Mana (eat to live) to allow them to live.  Gather all want, but eat all you gather (no storing).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48

2 minutes ago, JaniceR said:

I am within ideal weight/height limits for my age.

I was overweight for a while as was my husband. We changed the way we eat and walk daily, weather permitting.

We are not going for perfect. We are working to be as healthy as possible.

You have a normal weight gain. It was resolved if you just watch what you eat and exercise. That is not the case for many who are over weight because of a medical problem or a medication problem. It is usually those who are a perfect weight and are very, very careful that they do not gain an ounce who point their fingers at those who are over weight. I am not over weight but I have been. It is not fun and I have a lot of compassion for those who are suffering from obesity.

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You have a normal weight gain. It was resolved if you just watch what you eat and exercise. That is not the case for many who are over weight because of a medical problem or a medication problem. It is usually those who are a perfect weight and are very, very careful that they do not gain an ounce who point their fingers at those who are over weight. I am not over weight but I have been. It is not fun and I have a lot of compassion for those who are suffering from obesity.

I have a normal weight because I work for it.

I am not pointing fingers or judging anyone. I know how bad I felt when I was overweight. I just don't believe that there are as many people who can't lose weight because of medical conditions as we are told.

I have several friends who have used this excuse, but when they got a job that involved a lot of walking (Amazon Warehouse) or really tried, were able to lose weight. My big concern is that too many people use the medical excuse to not even try.

To me, it's not about judging or pointing fingers. I would never do that. It's about health. If people eat whatever they like and sit all day. They kill their metabolism and then use low metabolism as an excuse for not being able to lose weight.

Edited by JaniceR

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48

16 minutes ago, JaniceR said:

I have a normal weight because I work for it.

I am not pointing fingers or judging anyone. I know how bad I felt when I was overweight. I just don't believe that there are as many people who can't lose weight because of medical conditions as we are told.

I have several friends who have used this excuse, but when they got a job that involved a lot of walking (Amazon Warehouse) or really tried, were able to lose weight. My big concern is that too many people use the medical excuse to not even try.

To me, it's not about judging or pointing fingers. I would never do that. It's about health. If people eat whatever they like and sit all day. They kill their metabolism and then use low metabolism as an excuse for not being able to lose weight.

I am sure glad that God looks at the heart rather than what we look like on the outside :)

Just now, missmuffet said:

I am sure glad that God looks at the heart rather than what we look like on the outside :)

100% agreement on that one.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

2 hours ago, JaniceR said:

There are no fat people in the midst of famine. Kinda makes me believe that being overweight has something to do with how we eat.

It often does.

Z 6000..jpg

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

I would assume he did help the child. Sadly no one knows what happened there after?

Kevin Carter (13 September 1960 – 27 July 1994) was a South African photojournalist  and member of the Bang - Bang Club.  He was the recipient of a Pulitzer Prize for his photographs depicting the 1993 famine in Sudan. He committed suicide at the age of 33. His story is depicted in the 2010 feature film The Bang-Bang Club,   in which he was played by Taylor Kitsch.