• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

35 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

My feeling about diet is based on current circumstances (what you can do and what is coming up to look at right now).

For instance, eating at McDonald's is a health issue (seen it first hand cause heart disease and people who worked there have told me that what is in their products are bad for you).

Some might see that it is not a health issue and if God showed them otherwise (by people telling them so), and they still  continued to eat this fast food, for example, then they might be running counter to God's good wishes for them.

Ran into that issue this week and the person finally admitted they liked the fish sandwich there and thought eating there regularly, on-going, was no issue.   I had been worried about their very high cholesterol levels and could not fathom what was wrong (only seen them eating healthy food).  Suddenly, out of no where they confessed that is where they eat, when they go out (and no where else), often every week.

Somehow God was looking out for them and must have been pressing on their heart to confess the matter (because no one had said anything other than question why their levels were so high and the forgot about it, as it was only there business).

They honestly thought it was a good food choice (because it was 'fish' related, supposedly...lol).

ps.  I also confess God sent me a vision of them having a clogged artery, but I actually had forgotten about that (as I do when my visions are about matters, I have no way to deal on my own with).

Many meats that you get at a restaurant have antibiotics and hormones in it. The only way to get a good piece of hamburger is to buy organic at the grocery store. But I do like a good cheeseburger occasionally and fries. I also like Pizza. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, eileenhat said:

Just referencing that particular brand as being un-healthy (for the 80 year old person I mentioned).  Each person is different, I suspect.

I do not eat at McDonald's because I think their meat is disgusting. It does not even taste like meat. I also have not been eating a lot of fish because our waters are so polluted now and full of who knows what.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

It can make me upset, when people can talk about the issue, and have no insider knowledge, or, walked in the others shoes. Id bet the song would be different, if they did.  No, im not upset here. :)  i just mean general.  Can we honestly say, that we are not taken by the way THE WORLD view the topic of obesity and health?  We many times, have a completely twisted sight of what a healthy body weight is, and not. We can thank the media for that. Many would for example view Marilyn Monroe as fat, obese, today. She mightve been a size 14, uk. Or 12. Thats not obese or fat. Thats normal.  But there are many that would say so, without having a clue. 

Sure there are those that eat too much and the wrong stuff. There are many poor people that find the bad stuff cheaper than other. Its more than likely having its influence. There are those that eat right, exercise, but loose very little where others wouldnt. Those people have to exercise very hard to even see anything. Like high combustion hard exercises. But when they then stop for whatever reason, illness, vacation, they take it all on. Without eat more than normal.  And if they have a family with the sane experiences, how can you not say, its not the genes? For many its even been generations. Many of them can not either be as thin as many think they should be. (Horrible that, THINK they SHOULD be who are we to say should) they might just not be able to, lets say, go under a size 12/14. But the surroundings might call them fat. What then? That happens for many. Apparently, thats the size GOD GAVE them. So, we should be careful, to judge.

i agree with though, do what you can. Thats pretty natural.  But ive seen with own eyes how hard it can be to loose, where medications or illnesses involved. Its better to be a positive support, without any judgment. That can be an art. Take them for a walk. A bikeride. Serve healthy. Rather doing. Why is it we cant believe others fight and experience with their weight? Were not them, so howcome? Surely there are those that mansge to make a change once they eat right and exercise. But what about those that dont see a change but still are put in the label oh, you could if. Thats not fair, is it?  

The truth is, we can bever for sure know, and its not our table to do so, either, but instead help them. Get to know.  And if those judging themselves got ill, or for whatever reason, couldnt loose, then i bet they get it too and then they see. It can be tricky for some.

I have seen changes eating organic. How much you eat and what even. But few that can afford. I believe that gmo and the stuff in food makes many overweight.  Plus if people cant afford it, bingo. For not talk of processed food. They make people work too much, not have time to cook. Make them stressed, that can be another influence. Not for all, but some. 

Shall overweight christians now having go to church worried theyre gonna be judged as a glutton and lazy just because they might have a problem, or, maybe not even a problem but the weight God gave them. What then, are they gonna have to worry about judgemental christians?   Why do I say that, well, if one of christians can think they could if they want kinda, what prevents more?

Surely some could if they wanted, but, far far not everyone. Thats why such a statement is judgmental. As who are we to know? Are we God? Do we know their struggles? And when we dont even believe what theyre saying but believe the other, which is encouraged by the world, then what?  

I had an uncle, a christian, he weigh over 200 kg. he had illnss he couldnt stop. He was so big, nothing worked. He even had trouble moving in the end. Would a you can if you want helped him?  Theres a lady at work, that are very large, shes walking an hour each day from work. She cant loose it. Whst then, can she if she just..? No ive just said it. 

So, different people, different bodies. Thats more than clear. So many are so quick, to think to themselves they could if they wanted. Be very careful there, because that IS judgment. Unless, we know them well. 

I knew a christian guy, very devout, that was looking for a wife. He couldnt find anyone. Hes been through some. He was 40 years old and still noone. Turns out he made unrealistic demands of the girl to be thin. Too thin to the point of bones. He couldve been married to a not so, but he couldnt, he valued physicality and sex higher. Thats just another aspect of this body weight craze thinking attitude.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, gluttony is mentioned in the Bible.

Proverbs 23:2

Proverbs 23:20-21

Proverbs 28:7

I know I said it was but at least not in that context.

I think it was Paul that mentioned how the heathen had big orgies of food, parties and how were not supposed to become like them but be balanced?

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 2/3/2017 at 3:12 PM, JaniceR said:

Yes, God wants us to eat. Otherwise, we would die.

God has supplied the earth with nutritious food. We are not to be gluttons, but not at a near starvation level either. A healthy diet of natural foods at the correct calorie amount for ones age and height should do the trick. There is no need to be hungry or to eat ourselves into a coma.

Dear sister JaniceR,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I agree with you, sister Janice. It is good to remember also that we are the body of Christ, that is, the body that Jesus uses to manifest Himself to the world. So we must follow Paul's counsel:

·        “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.” (1 Corinthians 3.16,17).

But above all, we can not forget what Jesus said about the end times:

·        “And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.” (Luke 17.26-30)

That is to say, let us not forget the greater purpose behind meals, namely: to cause each member of the family to stop everything that is doing in order to, together, supper with Jesus.

To be more exact: the meal is the time where the family should be gathered praising the Eternal for the food He supplied, as well as for all that He has done for us on the cross, aside from serving for some to stimulate others to fraternize and to share what happened since the last supper. That is to say, the meal is to unite the family in Christ Jesus.

Without this vision, we transform such a sacred act, which is the family supper, into something abhorrent before the Eternal (if we stop to think, this is the true concept of gluttony). After all, there is no greater violence against the innocent than to profane something sacred, to do something good with bad motivations.

May Jesus help us never lose sight of His vision of who we are, of what we are doing in this world and of the usefulness of everything that He has placed at our disposal.