IGNORED

What should I do if I dont trust God enough to give my heart to him?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

if you think that all your troubles will be over like magic, your co workers will smile at you, you will have an increase in pay, the sun will not stop shining, and you will never have any troubles again as long as you live...you are looking at the gift of salvation with the wrong attitude and heart. 

God never promised us that accepting Jesus as our Saviour and Lord would free us from sorrow or pain or disappointment or poverty, but He did promise that He would be there to hold our hand, comfort and give us peace in troubled times and a helping hand when we need it....not when we want it.

So many think all our wants will be supplied..our needs will be.

When people hurt or mistreat us He is there to comfort but not fix things for us. We must do that by forgiving others.

He wants our love and trust that when things do go wrong and we come to Him He will comfort us and show us that the sun is still shining behind the clouds and that no matter what He is in control despite what others say. 

No, becoming a Christian does not change our circumstance but it changes you and the way you handle the problems and look at them....because we know the One who is in control intimately, through prayer and reading the Bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I remember the day when I read the gospel the first time--it was in a book written by Billy Graham, "How to be Born Again."

At the end of the book was a prayer of repentance and dedication of oneself to God. I remember thinking, "I don't think I'll be able to live the type of life requested, but I'll give it a try."

Certainly not saying that you will have the experience that I had, but when I prayed, colors got brighter and I saw dimension shift. 

The next Sunday, I went to a Southern Baptist church, and when they began to sing, I began to cry. That night I got baptized.

That was twenty years ago--what I learned about Jesus is that He is winsome, gentle, holy, and good. 

His peace is not like the world's peace, and it's hard to hear Him speak when we are angry and unkind.

He is also so very strong and faithful--He doesn't play games, and your existence brings Him joy. It was the joy of bringing you salvation that gave Him the motivation to endure the cross on your behalf. You have nothing to lose that compares with knowing Him. He is like a rainbow after a rain--pure goodness. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Lipster, i'll cut to the chase , what exactaly would make or let you trust God? 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 2/3/2017 at 1:34 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hello.

As some of you know I have posted few posts in prayer request forum where I blame God and ask Him to leave me alone for real. This time I have not came here to blame God but to seek help. One prophetically said me that I was praying to God to help me out of ditch but not giving my heart to God. I am in point in my life where I wish I could trust God enough to give my life completely over to Him, but I am not able to  do that because I am afraid that when I do this I would only get an other disappointment, an other unanswered prayer. I am afraid that I put in huge amount effort and time to give myself to God (not even sure how to exactly do that) and after that still be empty and not have any real change in me. I would like to know what should I do when I am not able to trust God enough to give my life completely over to God? How do I get out? What do I have to do? I find it very difficult to believe in the verses of bible because I have not seen them to be true in my life. Few friend told me (prophetically) that there's gonna be a great change in my life soon. But I already have in advance the attitude that it's not gonna happen because I dont have enough trust in God to repent and thus none of good what God had promised will come to pass. What should I do in my situation? I know I should give my life fully to God, but what about areas where I am not able to trust Him? Please give me some advise on what and how I should deal with my inability to trust him.

LPTSTR,

You can't give what you don't have...

Ever consider that you don't have a life to give......

Edited by Mike 2

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 2/3/2017 at 8:51 PM, OneLight said:

When a child is born. this child cannot crawl, let alone walk or run.  The newborn can't even talk.  Such are we when we first turn to Christ.  Start at the beginning and see what He can do with your life and then move onto the next step.

What a child learns to walk, they are very unstable and heavily rely of the support of the mother or father, so are we when we are babies in Christ.  Be patient and He will work things out in His time, not ours.

Nice analogy, but how do you explain that some people who have been growing in faith most of their lives and believed in God became atheists during the later years of their lives?

E.g.: http://www.christianpost.com/news/ex-pastor-turned-american-atheist-director-tells-how-she-lost-faith-78048/

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/21/2017 at 2:09 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

xxxxxxxxxxx but how do you explain that some people who have been growing in faith most of their lives and believed in God became atheists during the later years of their lives?  .......

There are many voices in the world.    Temptations every day.    Traps every day.     Falling away every day.  

Few are able to turn to YHWH,  away from every other voice,   to find His Kingdom and Stay Abiding in Jesus. (endure to the end)