IGNORED

What should I do if I dont trust God enough to give my heart to him?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hello.

As some of you know I have posted few posts in prayer request forum where I blame God and ask Him to leave me alone for real. This time I have not came here to blame God but to seek help. One prophetically said me that I was praying to God to help me out of ditch but not giving my heart to God. I am in point in my life where I wish I could trust God enough to give my life completely over to Him, but I am not able to  do that because I am afraid that when I do this I would only get an other disappointment, an other unanswered prayer. I am afraid that I put in huge amount effort and time to give myself to God (not even sure how to exactly do that) and after that still be empty and not have any real change in me. I would like to know what should I do when I am not able to trust God enough to give my life completely over to God? How do I get out? What do I have to do? I find it very difficult to believe in the verses of bible because I have not seen them to be true in my life. Few friend told me (prophetically) that there's gonna be a great change in my life soon. But I already have in advance the attitude that it's not gonna happen because I dont have enough trust in God to repent and thus none of good what God had promised will come to pass. What should I do in my situation? I know I should give my life fully to God, but what about areas where I am not able to trust Him? Please give me some advise on what and how I should deal with my inability to trust him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

When a child is born. this child cannot crawl, let alone walk or run.  The newborn can't even talk.  Such are we when we first turn to Christ.  Start at the beginning and see what He can do with your life and then move onto the next step.

What a child learns to walk, they are very unstable and heavily rely of the support of the mother or father, so are we when we are babies in Christ.  Be patient and He will work things out in His time, not ours.

You mean like if I am not able to trust Him in everything I should at first trust Him what I can trust  Him and then grow with little baby steps?

But what if God completely ignores all my prayer requests because I dont have full trust/commitment? And then I would again be like nothing works and be back in ditch.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

LPTSTR once again, you are trying to approach God in a wrong way. You're only concern seems to be getting your prayers answered, your wishes fullfilled. That is NOT what being a Christian is about. You go to God, broken because you have seen your own sin and failure, knowing you can never be worthy of His love and forgiveness, and ask Him for it despite that fact, because He has offered it after paying the huge price for it. It's about desiring to serve Him, not desiring Him to serve you.

You have to understand that God does not give us all we want, for a variety of reasons. He may not want you to have something because it's bad for you, or because He has something better for you in mind. You won't always be able to understand or see that; there is where faith comes in.

You are chiefly concerned, it seems, with this life. With the very temporary existence in this world. You're afraid to give yourself to Him for eternity because He might not give you all you desire, in the way and on the timing you desire, in this very temporary life. But this life is ultimately not the point or purpose. We are here to serve, and then to enter into eternity and hear "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Ask God to help you trust Him. Ask Him to reveal His will to you and to help you follow it regardless of how it jives with YOUR will. Ask Him not only to save your soul, but to nurture and grow it so that you can cast off worldly desires and follow Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/3/2017 at 10:34 AM, LPTSTR said:

Hello.

As some of you know I have posted few posts in prayer request forum where I blame God and ask Him to leave me alone for real. This time I have not came here to blame God but to seek help. One prophetically said me that I was praying to God to help me out of ditch but not giving my heart to God. I am in point in my life where I wish I could trust God enough to give my life completely over to Him, but I am not able to  do that because I am afraid that when I do this I would only get an other disappointment, an other unanswered prayer. I am afraid that I put in huge amount effort and time to give myself to God (not even sure how to exactly do that) and after that still be empty and not have any real change in me. I would like to know what should I do when I am not able to trust God enough to give my life completely over to God? How do I get out? What do I have to do? I find it very difficult to believe in the verses of bible because I have not seen them to be true in my life. Few friend told me (prophetically) that there's gonna be a great change in my life soon. But I already have in advance the attitude that it's not gonna happen because I dont have enough trust in God to repent and thus none of good what God had promised will come to pass. What should I do in my situation? I know I should give my life fully to God, but what about areas where I am not able to trust Him? Please give me some advise on what and how I should deal with my inability to trust him.

Tell God exactly what is on your heart. Tell Him how you are feeling.He already know that anyway why not confess it to him from your heart? Ask Him for increased trust and faith.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

It is obvious to me that God is pursuing you in a very determined fashion. Trust IS a big deal, but trust is NOT what it takes to give your heart to Jesus. Romans 10:9,10 says, " For if you tell others with your own mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord and believe in your own heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in his heart that a man becomes right with God; and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation. " This is the Living Bible.

So with your mouth, you confess that you believe Jesus to be your Lord and then believe that confession as a fact in your heart. So, on the inside, you make a choice to believe in Jesus, then on the outside you confess that belief in prayer....preferably in front of a kind witness just to confirm what you have done (so the devil can't come back later and say you didn't do it).

Now, the BIG ISSUE of trust. When you do this, the Bible says you have entered into a relationship with God. When God enters into relationships with people, He does so from a legal perspective...we generally call that a covenant. This New Covenant with God gives you legal rights with God to talk to Him, to make requests of Him and to receive from Him. It obligates God to prove Himself to you through answered prayer; through fellowship with other Christians; and through His Word, the Bible.

So your first step after confessing Him, should be to read the Bible. Start with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, commonly called the Gospels because they actually tell about the life and works of Jesus. As you begin to see what He did for those He ministered to, you will desire for Him to do the same for you and you will begin to talk to Him...that is called prayer.

But prayer is supposed to be a conversation with both parties saying things. God will speak to you through His Bible, through your Christian friends and pastor, and directly through His Holy Spirit. If you doubt anything you hear, you just search it out in the Bible. Day by day, as you grow, you will experience answered prayer; you will experience the desire to be more like Jesus. And whenever you tell somebody that you serve Jesus, you will feel good about that...even though you are a new believer. Think of it as a new adventure. Only now, God is sharing responsibility for your life. When you mess up (and you will), the Bible says you can be forgiven. Please note that it does not say you will always feel forgiven....forgiveness is guaranteed if you believe in Jesus. So even on those days when you feel like God could never forgive; could never love you....according to the Bible, Jesus loves you and died for you anyway...when you weren't His and you were still caught up in your own misery.

Jesus made that choice just for you....willingly...eternally. He placed a great value on you...your job is to accept His evaluation of  you and not listen to your own or others (because they really don't know what you are worth and God does). Once you accept that God loves you more than you love yourself, it is easier to trust...there we go with the "t" word again. It does take practice, but you will get used to it and your heart will feel peace at last.

Blessings.

15 hours ago, No124get1952 said:

So with your mouth, you confess that you believe Jesus to be your Lord and then believe that confession as a fact in your heart. So, on the inside, you make a choice to believe in Jesus, then on the outside you confess that belief in prayer....preferably in front of a kind witness just to confirm what you have done (so the devil can't come back later and say you didn't do it).

But what would happen if I would say a prayer but not really hope it to be answered?

15 hours ago, No124get1952 said:

This New Covenant with God gives you legal rights with God to talk to Him, to make requests of Him and to receive(1) from Him. It obligates(2) God to prove(3) Himself to you through answered(4) prayer; through fellowship with other Christians; and through His Word, the Bible.

Could you point me out the bible verses that support statements 1-3 (marked in black)?

If  God had obligation to prove Himself trough answered prayer then I would already have tons of blessings. But now my case is that I have done all that you asked me to do in your response but still got none of my prayers answered and then after 3.5 years not receiving any prayer answer at all I started to doubt and not trust God.  So the not trusting God is basically this: "If God haven't answered me so far how can I know(trust) that He answers this time?". And that has led me away from the narrow path to wide path.

Given that this is what has happened, how do you explain that God has obligation(2) to prove(3) Himself and answer(4) prayers?
I have even asked to see Him on angels either in dream or with eye but that also havent happened. Although this is not the reason I started to doubt if these prayers were answered I simply wouldnt be able to doubt anymore because what has already been seen cannot be unseen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

6 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

But what would happen if I would say a prayer but not really hope it to be answered?

Could you point me out the bible verses that support statements 1-3 (marked in black)?

If  God had obligation to prove Himself trough answered prayer then I would already have tons of blessings. But now my case is that I have done all that you asked me to do in your response but still got none of my prayers answered and then after 3.5 years not receiving any prayer answer at all I started to doubt and not trust God.  So the not trusting God is basically this: "If God haven't answered me so far how can I know(trust) that He answers this time?". And that has led me away from the narrow path to wide path.

Given that this is what has happened, how do you explain that God has obligation(2) to prove(3) Himself and answer(4) prayers?
I have even asked to see Him on angels either in dream or with eye but that also havent happened. Although this is not the reason I started to doubt if these prayers were answered I simply wouldnt be able to doubt anymore because what has already been seen cannot be unseen.

About saying a prayer, if there is one thing I have learned, is that God answers prayer in 3 ways. YES, NO, LATER

ONE; Yes, you will get your wish, right away.

TWO, NO, God will not give you what you want because He has something better in mind for you.

THREE, LATER, God will give you what you wish but its not time yet.

I have experienced just the same thing that you are experiencing right now, praying for something for years and so far at least, not getting answers. But God knows our needs far better than we do, and sometimes people ask for thing only to fulfill our lusts.

James 4:3   Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts.

So just because God doesn't answer your prayers the way you want or when you want, that doesn't mean that He doesn't care, or doesn't hear you. God hears all prayers but He answers them as HE sees fit, not when WE want Him too and not always in the manner we want.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 3 February 2017 at 6:34 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hello.

Try Him out :) ask, and you shall recieve. Knock, and the door shall be opened. 

And the more you read the bible the more He will show Himself to you. And give you the understanding.

but one great book about a pastor with similar issues like you before he came to God,  see Philip Mantofa "warrior for revival". Thats gonna give you some answers. And eyeopeners.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

3 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

ONE; Yes, you will get your wish, right away.

TWO, NO, God will not give you what you want because He has something better in mind for you.

THREE, LATER, God will give you what you wish but its not time yet.

QFT.

Now LPTSTR, I noticed you quoted the part where No124get1952 said God has an obligation under the Covenant to answer prayers...but didn't say much about the following paragraph, where YOU have an obligation to read the Word, put it in your heart, let Him speak to you and grow you in that way, so you'll know how better to pray. Once again, you seem to be viewing this as a list of demands; rub the lamp, out pops the genie, here's my wishes, now grant them for me. Have you ever considered if what you're praying for is God's will? Because God has promised to answer our prayers if we pray for what He wills for us. He has never promised to fulfill all our desires as we please.