• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Good morning,

I am battling concerns about eating healthy foods for our good health, vs trusting God's will.  

I've changed our eating habits for the better, mostly following the Weston A. Price way of eating (avoiding foods with phytic acid, or preparing them before cooking) to prevent and reverse minor dental decay.  I have numerous dental crowns and 3 old root canals and I want to preserve my teeth as best as I can to prevent further problems.  I'm also dealing with gut issues (OK - serious constipation) following 3 rounds of antibiotics for a dental abscess in November leading to extraction of that tooth in December.

I'm also following the guidelines and using some of the products offered at Cure Tooth Decay and Gut Sense.  I bought their books, read their websites, taking their recommended supplements, and following their guidelines as best as I can to alleviate and these problems.

All the while, I'm also worrying and wondering if I'm following "man's wisdom" rather than God's. Learning this information takes time to study and remember what I read -- time that takes away from getting on with my life to serve others.  I sometimes wonder if I should just turn it all over to God, eat what my body wants (by that, I don't mean a lot of sugar and junk food) and leave the rest in God's hands, knowing that His perfect will will either allow or prevent these issues from recurring.

What is the correct and balanced view of this?  I am desperate for understanding and wisdom in this area.  I think of others who have these issues but are getting on with living their lives, not consuming time reading and re-reading and researching.  It's all a bit too much!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, AuntJenny said:

Good morning,

I am battling concerns about eating healthy foods for our good health, vs trusting God's will.  

I've changed our eating habits for the better, mostly following the Weston A. Price way of eating (avoiding foods with phytic acid, or preparing them before cooking) to prevent and reverse minor dental decay.  I have numerous dental crowns and 3 old root canals and I want to preserve my teeth as best as I can to prevent further problems.  I'm also dealing with gut issues (OK - serious constipation) following 3 rounds of antibiotics for a dental abscess in November leading to extraction of that tooth in December.

I'm also following the guidelines and using some of the products offered at Cure Tooth Decay and Gut Sense.  I bought their books, read their websites, taking their recommended supplements, and following their guidelines as best as I can to alleviate and these problems.

All the while, I'm also worrying and wondering if I'm following "man's wisdom" rather than God's. Learning this information takes time to study and remember what I read -- time that takes away from getting on with my life to serve others.  I sometimes wonder if I should just turn it all over to God, eat what my body wants (by that, I don't mean a lot of sugar and junk food) and leave the rest in God's hands, knowing that His perfect will will either allow or prevent these issues from recurring.

What is the correct and balanced view of this?  I am desperate for understanding and wisdom in this area.  I think of others who have these issues but are getting on with living their lives, not consuming time reading and re-reading and researching.  It's all a bit too much!

Our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit so yes God does want us to make healthy choices when it comes to food. Making healthy choices is a very good idea. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables every day. Eating whole grains,protein,dairy and some fats and sugars. We just can not get too obsessed we can enjoy a piece of pie or cake once in awhile. I try to get organic as much as possible.

13 hours ago, eileenhat said:

For teeth I have a three level protocol that is all natural and puts off any tooth degradation.

For example, I use tooth powder that has no glycerine, ie. Eco-dent.  Glycerine is in all tooth pastes (over the counter) and acts like sugar on the teeth.

I build up the enamel with mineral powders (you swish for 5 minute everyday in your mouth).  I use Uncle Henry's.

For active tooth decay (at the stage the tooth hurts, but is not quite yet a cavity, or just a tiny one), I use a product called Oralive (swish around in mouth too, but for 10 minutes, twice a day) to stave off the decay.  

Havn't been to a dentist in 10 years.  Seems to be working.

Thank you for naming the products you use.  I'm using Uncle Henry's toothpaste (cinnamon), and a rinse of essential-oil drops from OraWellness.  

Do you follow any dietary measures?  I avoid sugar (99.9999999% of the time), whole grains, beans and nuts unless they're soaked first according to the WAPF guidelines.  We eat grass-fed butter and ghee, organic pastured eggs (they contain much higher amounts of the retinol form of Vitamin A), and try to buy organic pastured meats when I can.  I'm also taking a good vitamin supplement (Dr. Ron's) and dessicated liver powder which contains K2.  When the liver capsules run out, I'm considering adding cod liver oil  (either Rosita brand, or Green Pastures) for the blend of A, D, and K2.  The fat-soluble vitamins eaten or taken in the correct ratio-- D3, A, K2, -- are very important for dental and bone health.

13 hours ago, eileenhat said:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Organic is definitely better, or as fresh as possible does it too. Better. Buy fresh of everything. Dont think too much meat, diary or wheat is healthy, in moderation..  Xtra virgin olive oil the italians eat alot and they have the highest living rate.. As pure water as possible..flouride in water is no good.. But yes, I try do this, but its hard to always. I do cook from scratch, preferably fresh.  I can highly recommend spelt bread. Some say, its hard to do, but I have the perfect recipe.  

25 gram yeast preferably powder.  500 gram spelt flour. 450 hot water. A pinch of salt and sugar if you like

pour the spelt flour in a bowl, make a hole in the middle(for yeast)   Pour the yeast with 50 gram hot water together. Stand 15 minutes.  Pour yeast into bowl. Use the hands to make it without clumps.  Pour in sugar or salt or both. Pour in half the water and mix. Then the rest.  Flour a form, (yes you can use oil) and pour in. Oven 175 celcius, 45 minutes. 

Spelt bread were used by the roman armies, because it had all nutrients. You can litterally live forever on it. It has everything the body need, and it builds up the inner system, and the cells. It cleans out the colon and lining. Its the best of best. Same after that is malt, and ray. In my home country they eat alot of ray bread. It can of course be made home made that is the best, in my country you can get home made in bakeries, and its not like what they sell here, in the bakeries, but like homemade. My stomach took a little strike, when I moved to Uk. They are incredible big on white bread here. Ive heard so is u.s. My country and neighbour countries do not sell or eat as much white they do here. So, my stomach reacted. I luckily found ray bread, but there are few, but it worked my stomach settled. Isnt it strange. Brown bread is also no reaction. I have to warn though, spelt makes you run to the bathroom until its clean :) 

i bake as much bread I can muster. And as a rule you dont get as much bad when you do it yourself. My country and neighbour countries we have it as normalcy to sit make your own dinner, sit down etc even breakfast. We dont just go to tv and eat micro as many do here. We also have proper kitchens. I love to sit and talk over a homemade meal. So you dont see as many overweight people compared to many countries. I believe it has alot to do with you do your own. (Even though,cant go for everyone)

green tea is said to speed up the system and cleanse it. 

Raw vegan or vegan is said to really get the system to shine and energy. Im gonna try that, when things have settled more. 

I eat a low carb, High healthy fat diet.

Since I have done this, I do not need to worry about my weight. My blood sugars have leveled off. 

I try to eat only whole foods and nothing processed.

I don't eat any bread at all as it is high in carbs. I have a rule to not eat anything white except cauliflower.

I eat healthy fats, bacon, eggs, organic meats, coconut oil for cooking, olive oil and low carb vegetables.

This is the best diet for keeping triclycerides in check.

One need not worry about cholesterol. High cholesterol is a myth made to to sell pills. It is your trigs that tell the tale. High sugar send trigs through the roof.

Edited by JaniceR

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/3/2017 at 0:18 PM, AuntJenny said:

That is why the K.I.S.S. principle is the best.  Keep things very simple. A balanced diet consists of fruits and vegetables, breads, potatoes, cereals, etc. (carbohydrates), meats, fish, eggs, beans, etc. (proteins), milk, dairy products, and fats and oils.

And as you know variety is the spice of life (although a variety of spices can also be very healthy). Getting overly concerned about our health and nutrition, or following dieting fads, is never a good thing. Neither is overeating.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I want to be clear that I'm not asking if it's important to eat healthy foods.  Of course it is, and I've been doing it for years -- to the best of what I knew it at the time.  My sugar intake already was very low (an occasional treat or piece of gifted pie put in front of me at a rare dinner party. What I didn't know that whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds contain phytic acid which robs the body of important minerals needed for healthy bones and teeth.  Every morning, I ate my favorite breakfast of Trader Joe's Shredded Mini Wheats (100% whole wheat and nothing else) topped with several almonds and milk. And my beloved morning coffee without sugar or cream.  We eat mostly organic chicken, fish, turkey, occasional beef, fruits and vegetables.  I had no gut issues, nothing to complain about.

Then along came my dental abscess that resulted from an old badly-done root canal, leading to extraction of that tooth.  Pain meds and 3 rounds of antibiotics screwed up my gut.  But during the aftermath I learned what Weston A. Price and Ramiel Nagel (the latter is the author of Cure Tooth Decay) say about phytic acid causing tooth decay.  Out went my favorite morning cereal, oatmeal, any bread for that matter, coffee (caffeine can draw calcium from the bones), nuts and beans (unless soaked for long periods).  In came bone broth (liquid gold!!  But can be time-consuming to make), full-fat organic raw dairy (expensive), pastured/organic eggs (delicious and expensive), and dietary supplements including whole-food vitamins.  I learned how important the fat-soluble vitamins are for teeth, bones and overall health.  Vitamins A, D, and K (K2 is required for so many things including directing calcium into the bones instead of the arteries), the correct balance of each.  I'm planning to purchase the cod liver / butter blend from Radiant Life for A and D, as it is claimed to reverse tooth decay by many who have used it.

All of that to say --- It is not as simple as eating whole grains, lots of fruits and vegetables, and avoiding sugar.  There needs to be a balance of nutrients and plenty of healthy whole fats (butter, coconut oil) in our diet to use the fat-soluble vitamins.

My main question was NOT to ask if it's important to eat a healthy diet.  I'm wondering how much time and attention we should give to these particulars, especially when it takes time away from serving others.   Many times,  my thoughts tell me "if you eat that bowl of oatmeal, or unless you take a lot of time to make bone broth and soak the beans and nuts etc., then God won't protect your health and your teeth will rot".  

We are not to put our trust in food or vitamins or nutrients, but only in God who created us and cares for us -- not because of what we do but because of who He is.   We should put healthy foods into our body to care for it, but trust God alone to bless it to our nourishment.  Of course, there are health issues that require eating or avoiding specific foods for the sake of one's general health and well-being, and that's not what I'm addressing here.  I'm asking about issues like preventing (or reversing minor cases of) tooth decay.

When I start feeling too neurotic about it all, and worried about every food that God provides me through a generous friend, that's when I begin to wonder if I'm going too far.

Edited by AuntJenny

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, AuntJenny said:

I'm wondering how much time and attention we should give to these particulars, especially when it takes time away from serving others.

Well, if you wish to go by Scripture, we are to spend little or no time pondering about our food.  Even the dietary restrictions of the Old Covenant are null and void.