• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a most basic thematic summary of Genesis 1, both the plain and the implied:

(1) The universe and his unique Earth.

(2) Earth and her general water.

(3) The water and his unique cycle.

(4) The water cycle and her general life.

(5) Life and its unique animal life.

(6) Animal life and its general human life.

(7)...

That's what I study. That's why I'm here. Specifically, I found Worthy Christian Forums by some search terms that gave me a Topic-starter post here:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Someone who lives on Earth, and who has no cosmology, should find Genesis 1:1 profoundly appealing: 'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.'

But even such a person wants to know more than that about the fact that God created everything. Such a person wants to know, first, an introductory level of its detail, and it had better include something about themselves. So, this no-cosmology person finds 1:1 appealing not merely for its meaning for the physical world. Such a person finds it appealing because it seems somehow to promise an account about himself, or herself. They sense their own location in the physical world, and sense that it is effectively divided in exact half. And they sense that each half is itself so divided, and so on.

And yet, in all its possible divisions, there is always one binary that is constant: himself, or herself, has an 'other'.

And, though this 'other' is mainly the total other, the issue also is as to the special other: each other.

And, so, too, begins Genesis 1. And so ends Genesis 1.

There are exactly two (kinds of) numbers that 'hedge' all other numbers. The primes, and the highly composites (HC's). See the three links here, which I edited:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Prime_number http://www.conservapedia.com/Composite_number http://www.conservapedia.com/Highly_composite_number

see also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_highly_composite_number, which shows a special kind of HC's.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/3/2017 at 7:46 PM, Display Name? said:

Someone who lives on Earth....
and who has no cosmology, should find Genesis 1:1....
profoundly appealing:
'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.'

:)

My

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. John 1:1-3 (New International Version)

Cosmology

So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son. John 1:14 (New Living Translation)

Is Profoundly And Radically About Jesus

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” Revelation 4:11 (English Standard Version)

And Has No Root In Scientism Nor It's Non-Observable Evolution

“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. “Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. “For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy. Exodus 20:8-11 (New American Standard Bible)

Which Is Never Seen On Earth By Man Or Creature

But ask the animals, and they will instruct you; ask the birds of the sky, and they will tell you Or speak to the earth, and it will instruct you; let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? Job 12:7-9 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Except In Saturday Cartoons

See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has an evil, unbelieving heart that forsakes the living God. Hebrews 3:12 (NET Bible)

And In Dreamland

Take care lest there be some one who leads you away as prisoners by means of his philosophy and idle fancies, following human traditions and the world's crude notions instead of following Christ. Colossians 2:8 (Weymouth New testament)

Pontifications

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt. They have done abominable works. There is none who does good. Psalms 14:1 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament