Schizophrenic communication with God

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Considering that a schizophrenic brain can manufacture false visual sight, auditory sounds, sensory and emotional feelings and smells.

How does someone with a schizo defective mind know how to differentiate between the information coming from God, and the false information coming from a sick brain.

Edited by paradoxdown

I am asking this question on behalf of myself, since I suffer from schizophrenia.

Guest Teditis

I would think that if you immersed yourself in the Bible... really got to know it... you could compare your thoughts to see if they align with Scripture.

5 hours ago, Teditis said:

I would think that if you immersed yourself in the Bible... really got to know it... you could compare your thoughts to see if they align with Scripture.

What do I do when false mental stimulus does align with the bible.

Guest Teditis
3 minutes ago, paradoxdown said:

What do I do when false mental stimulus does align with the bible.

Well if it aligns with the Bible it shouldn't be "false", either in context with "Truth" or your mental health.

So roll with it and talk to you psychologist about it (or MH professional).

Always seek wise counsel... it's a Biblical concept.

4 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Well if it aligns with the Bible it shouldn't be "false", either in context with "Truth" or your mental health.

So roll with it and talk to you psychologist about it (or MH professional).

Always seek wise counsel... it's a Biblical concept.

I don't think you entirely understand. The bible has alot of radical ideas in it, like the bible verse that say's that if someone hits you to turn the other cheek.

I had my nose broken because my mind told me to let someone hit me after they told me to walk away. My delusional thinking wouldn't let me leave until I was punched.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, paradoxdown said:

I don't think you entirely understand. The bible has alot of radical ideas in it, like the bible verse that say's that if someone hits you to turn the other cheek.

I had my nose broken because my mind told me to let someone hit me after they told me to walk away. My delusional thinking wouldn't let me leave until I was punched.

That is because you are depending on your own self, your mind and your own understanding.  We are told not to lean onto our own understanding, but to trust in the Lord with all our heart and acknowledge Him is all our ways, not ourselves.  These are not radical ideas to those who know Christ and have His Spirit.  They are to the lost since they seem nonsense to them.  We read this in 1 Corinthians 2:14

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Guest Teditis
6 minutes ago, paradoxdown said:

Well, you didn't do a "wrong" thing in that situation and I'm convinced that God will, one day, reward for that action and punish your abuser.

Still, in reading the Bible we must learn to understand when allegory is being used... like in the Scripture to turn the other cheek. God wants us

to not resist Evil by countering it with Evil... punching back. Leaving the area should do good enough. But even defensive blocking would be okay.

It seems to me like you could focus on learning things like this about the Bible... look for an online class on "Hermeneutics" might help. That will

teach you how to properly get the information out of the Bible without impart our own ideas about what it means.

Sorry to hear that you had such a troublesome encounter, btw... but I've had similar situations happen to me; got punched in the face and stood there waiting

for more. In my case they backed down... by the Grace and Mercy of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

That is because you are depending on your own self, your mind and your own understanding.  We are told not to lean onto our own understanding, but to trust in the Lord with all our heart and acknowledge Him is all our ways, not ourselves.  These are not radical ideas to those who know Christ and have His Spirit.  They are to the lost since they seem nonsense to them.  We read this in 1 Corinthians 2:14

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.                                                                                                        One Light

Blessings paradoxdown

The Word of God also tells us that in Christ Jesus we are given a SOUND MIND.......

King James Bible
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

There was also a child who threw himself into fire,water.......Jesus can Deliver you of any Bondage but you have to Believe He is WHO He IS.......Read the Word of God

as it has been suggested,put the Word of God in your mind,in your heart and I pray you are Convicted,lead to the foot of the Cross

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,868
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

1 hour ago, paradoxdown said:

That's unfortunate, but that wouldn't be the Bible or God's fault, would it? I'm not sure what you're ultimately getting at here. Schizophrenia is going to cause problems no matter what.