warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,410
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, so you have heard about Christianity, hearing about the Bible and some stories in it. You went to church as a youngster or  dragged there in some instances and you became familiar with the preaching and teaching in that church.  You was not saved at that point and as time went on you got saved.   You stared reading the Bible and attending the same church, but now started to read books and hear sermons of other denominations and their beliefs.   

Your mind now starts to become a bit agitated as you hear about predestination and free will and  no matter what, some of your relatives, even your mother will not make it to heaven, because they were not chosen or elected.   One day, you decided to visit the pentecostal church and a whole different way or style of worship is now before you, you hear people speaking in tongues and with the touch of a hand, people falling to the ground.  You like the service, as it is energizing and not as bland as the church you go to. 

You decided to dig deeper into scripture and with prayer and asking the Holy Spirit to show you the way, you have decided to check the net out and see what others have to say, and you are now at WORTHY, hearing a multitude of different answers to some basic questions like OSAS.  

What or who you think has been responsible for the way you perceive and interpret scripture.  I mean you have uncles and aunts and friends that are really good people, but you cannot see their view of what you read in the Bible and what is believed and practiced.   What is the driving force for the  theology   you have formulated in your christian walk .  Some have even changed course after long years as they have come to see scripture differently  as they previously had.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

It seems you are asking how we align truth into our theology.  What is the most important truth, the second, third, and so on.  Is this what you are asking?

10 minutes ago, OneLight said:

It seems you are asking how we align truth into our theology.  What is the most important truth, the second, third, and so on.  Is this what you are asking?

In short i would say when you read scripture, how do you choose the path that you now take in fellowship with let's say church affiliation and their structure of worship and belief.   Of course i know  one would speak of the the Holy Spirit move on ones spiritual walk in worship.  But in your mind as of now, how do you make that alignment of  like minded belivers.   I mean we all read the same scripture and come to many different beliefs.

What or who sways or instruct you to follow the way you like worship.  Some, like and or is drawn by preaches that preaches messages that resonates with their hearts and others by books that men has penned to persuade in powerful ways.   Hope you get what i am asking now.

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

In short i would say when you read scripture, how do you choose the path that you now take in fellowship with let's say church affiliation and their structure of worship and belief.   Of course i know  one would speak of the the Holy Spirit move on ones spiritual walk in worship.  But in your mind as of now, how do you make that alignment of  like minded belivers.   I mean we all read the same scripture and come to many different beliefs.

What or who sways or instruct you to follow the way you like worship.  Some, like and or is drawn by preaches that preaches messages that resonates with their hearts and others by books that men has penned to persuade in powerful ways.   Hope you get what i am asking now.

There lies the issues I have with denomination doctrine that adds to scripture in order to follow such beliefs. 

I do not hold any denominational doctrine above scripture, nor do I hold any other books as an addition to scripture.  That is what causes false teaching, as with the book of Mormons and the Watchtower ... all extra biblical that is held as scripture.

Where scripture is silent, I am silent, though I may consider extra biblical teachings, I do not hold them as scripture. 

Guest Thallasa
3 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Ok, so you have heard about Christianity, hearing about the Bible and some stories in it. You went to church as a youngster or  dragged there in some instances and you became familiar with the preaching and teaching in that church.  You was not saved at that point and as time went on you got saved.   You stared reading the Bible and attending the same church, but now started to read books and hear sermons of other denominations and their beliefs.   

Your mind now starts to become a bit agitated as you hear about predestination and free will and  no matter what, some of your relatives, even your mother will not make it to heaven, because they were not chosen or elected.   One day, you decided to visit the pentecostal church and a whole different way or style of worship is now before you, you hear people speaking in tongues and with the touch of a hand, people falling to the ground.  You like the service, as it is energizing and not as bland as the church you go to. 

You decided to dig deeper into scripture and with prayer and asking the Holy Spirit to show you the way, you have decided to check the net out and see what others have to say, and you are now at WORTHY, hearing a multitude of different answers to some basic questions like OSAS.  

What or who you think has been responsible for the way you perceive and interpret scripture.  I mean you have uncles and aunts and friends that are really good people, but you cannot see their view of what you read in the Bible and what is believed and practiced.   What is the driving force for the  theology   you have formulated in your christian walk .  Some have even changed course after long years as they have come to see scripture differently  as they previously had.  

Very thoughtful ,very interesting !

Guest Thallasa
2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

:) 

Guest Thallasa
32 minutes ago, OneLight said:

There lies the issues I have with denomination doctrine that adds to scripture in order to follow such beliefs. 

I do not hold any denominational doctrine above scripture, nor do I hold any other books as an addition to scripture.  That is what causes false teaching, as with the book of Mormons and the Watchtower ... all extra biblical that is held as scripture.

Where scripture is silent, I am silent, though I may consider extra biblical teachings, I do not hold them as scripture. 

Wise !!

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

OneLight, you asked for clarification and i gave a sample situation.  So let me put it this way.  Some follow family tradition and attend church and hold to the beliefs and defend those as the family has held for generations.  Some again may have had a spiritual experience or awakening that has them seeing errors or truths from others and may line up with scripture and therefore splitting from the family way of worship and beliefs.  What has molded your beliefs to follow your line of biblical fellowship.  

I didn't get my beliefs from a church.

There was a period of my life when I was very poverty stricken. I couldn't afford to go anywhere and had to make do with what little I had. I had a Bible I had been given. I read the entire thing twice. What I learned from Bible reading was unfiltered by church as I had no transportation to get to a church. I believe what I believe because the Bible says so.

9 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

OneLight, you asked for clarification and i gave a sample situation.  So let me put it this way.  Some follow family tradition and attend church and hold to the beliefs and defend those as the family has held for generations.  Some again may have had a spiritual experience or awakening that has them seeing errors or truths from others and may line up with scripture and therefore splitting from the family way of worship and beliefs.  What has molded your beliefs to follow your line of biblical fellowship.  

Yes, I am very familiar with what people use to build their Theology.  If I remember correctly, you were involved in a thread I started "Why do you believe what you believe?" where I posted a link to a site where one can obtain a series of free classes on Theology.  This helped me in many ways with understanding why people believe what they do and why.  Did you check it out?