• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

We see here, the same people, saying the same thing, over and over, every time a topic is broached in a new thread. When there are already perfectly good threads on a topic, I tend to try to herd people in the direction of existing threads. I wonder sometimes (and I will point a finger at myself here also), if people don't just jump into a new thread to speak their mind, to hear themselves talk, lol.

I want to address the above, but before i do, just want to say that when i said you are keeping the peace and you gave your reply to that statement, i understood that and it is what i meant too.  I read your posts and know that you speak with clarity and if be in length you try to point the reader in the direction to get a good grasp of what you are referring to, even if the post has to be lengthy. 

Some threads can go to great distance and with new postings on the thread it becomes difficult to follow as you may have to go back and search throughout the thread to find what someone was referring to.  Or, as it happened when i first joined here and did not know the workings of the forum, i would browse a  thread and without paying attention to the date, would just reply. It happened that i replied to a three year old thread and the person who posted replied and we went back and forth, until he mentioned he don't think he can recall three years ago his train of thought.  I did not pay attention to the date ,which was a simple thing, but at that time my thoughts was the topic and not the date of the thread postings.

This is just to say, for new members, we have to give some leeway as to how they reply and what they reply to, as they may be browsing and old thread and just reply when they find something interesting and want to say something.  Also, long threads may need to be cut at some point as, [my preference] is to browse threads that i can go back and read from the beginning to get a good understanding of everyone viewpoint and don't want to read fifty or so pages as to time constraints.   New members also start threads without the prior knowledge of older threads that addresses their topic or just lazy or it is so much easier to do.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Hello Brother Warrior12,

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, What I'm trying to say is what does the bible say on the subject, does God have a remnant church & if so I was pointing out  the characteristics that appear in Revelation, which narrows the search down considerably. I was trying to lead people to look with out giving my personal opinion, I guess I was unsuccessful (:

I can't see a progress in finding biblical truth if every one has different ideas on the same subjects, everyone can't be right. At some stage there has to be a coming together to discard error. Only in the format of a denomination can see that being achieved, not all random ideas on the same subject. A denomination would have to be prepared to change or drop some of its previously held ideas, not for any reason but to go forward in truth & not to please the majority or their standing in an organization. 

We had to come out of the dark ages with the hijacking of Christendom by the catholic church with each reformer bringing us a little more light. With  chance to promote forward on a foundation at least. It seems its getting to a stage of everyone for them selves with no foundation, except for the kindergarten ABC of Christianity & that is we are saved by grace & not by works, thats not to say each person doesn't have a good understanding on some (aspects) on subjects.

I don't think it wise to be a solitary Christian without support & guidance, but their are many fools out there &  I've seen it fail to many times, I've yet to seen it being of benefit to anyone. 

A lot more can be said but I think you'll get my understanding on the subject.

God Bless

On 7/9/2017 at 11:16 PM, Riccardo said:

Hello Brother Warrior12,

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, What I'm trying to say is what does the bible say on the subject, does God have a remnant church & if so I was pointing out  the characteristics that appear in Revelation, which narrows the search down considerably. I was trying to lead people to look with out giving my personal opinion, I guess I was unsuccessful (:

I can't see a progress in finding biblical truth if every one has different ideas on the same subjects, everyone can't be right. At some stage there has to be a coming together to discard error. Only in the format of a denomination can see that being achieved, not all random ideas on the same subject. A denomination would have to be prepared to change or drop some of its previously held ideas, not for any reason but to go forward in truth & not to please the majority or their standing in an organization. 

We had to come out of the dark ages with the hijacking of Christendom by the catholic church with each reformer bringing us a little more light. With  chance to promote forward on a foundation at least. It seems its getting to a stage of everyone for them selves with no foundation, except for the kindergarten ABC of Christianity & that is we are saved by grace & not by works, thats not to say each person doesn't have a good understanding on some (aspects) on subjects.

I don't think it wise to be a solitary Christian without support & guidance, but their are many fools out there &  I've seen it fail to many times, I've yet to seen it being of benefit to anyone. 

A lot more can be said but I think you'll get my understanding on the subject.

God Bless

Some very thoughtful words there.   I myself have always had that question about and i quote you

"I can't see a progress in finding biblical truth if every one has different ideas on the same subjects, everyone can't be right. At some stage there has to be a coming together to discard error."

Then again, this is the reason for denominations as every one has a dogmatic view that his views are Biblical and morally right.   Well to say, i have my view and it is just the way my brain and spirit process scripture and doctrine.  But there is a word that is trying to change that and it is "ecumenism".

Some see it as a danger to the degree of setting forth prophecy, while others see it as to address your quote.  What do you say ?. 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 7/13/2017 at 11:35 AM, warrior12 said:

Some very thoughtful words there.   I myself have always had that question about and i quote you

"I can't see a progress in finding biblical truth if every one has different ideas on the same subjects, everyone can't be right. At some stage there has to be a coming together to discard error."

Then again, this is the reason for denominations as every one has a dogmatic view that his views are Biblical and morally right.   Well to say, i have my view and it is just the way my brain and spirit process scripture and doctrine.  But there is a word that is trying to change that and it is "ecumenism".

Some see it as a danger to the degree of setting forth prophecy, while others see it as to address your quote.  What do you say ?. 

I see ecumenism as a huge danger, it is a word that is being bandied around with a big push towards it. It all seems nice & cozy & who doesn't want to all come together, its all about love & friendship, thats what we are suppose to do as a Christian.

(How will it be different from what we have now)  what has to be given up & or what has to be taken up?

Its all about respect & tolerance, isn't that what we are suppose to be doing now as a Christian? If we are not doing that now we are staying to our carnal nature. No ecumenical movement can change our nature, only the spirit of God can. 

I believe it to be more political than spiritual & seems to be placing the papacy in a position of power, the pope has been a advocate of it & in a way placing himself as a candidate with many of his speeches the past few years. It also seems that a lot of (protest-ants churches) are in support of the papacy.  They have not changed any of their stances since the dark ages, but want others to put aside their differences so we can all come together, once again it sounds so very Christian. So where do we place biblical truth if some doctrine has to be put aside all in the so-called good of man kind? ha! its now in second place.  The love of Christ cannot be forced if it is not there. 

I believe the ecumenical movement to be political, whereas respect & tolerance does the exact same thing but is Christ based, without any church's having to let go what they believe is biblical truth. Keep your eyes on the papacy, not the catholic church, their are many wonderful Christians there.   

• 3 years later...

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

The main source of my theology is the Bible. The main two extra-biblical sources of my theology were originally two completely different writers: Francis Schaeffer and Watchman Nee. Since then I have come to realize both men were theologically flawed in some way(s) and I have as a consequence endeavored to measure everything I read from outside sources by the Bible exegetically read.

Do you listen to sermons by different pastors, teachers ect. ?.   Do you at any time hear something that questions your theology in some way or the other, or do you rely now solely on your own conclusion and reasoning ?.  What about using concordance and other bible tools, do you use them.

I have read a few articles by Watchman Nee and I like his work.  His book "The Spiritual Man", is a thought provoking work that is deep and puts the reader into thinking of his composition.  Disagree or not, I have not have heard anyone describe the spiritual man in this way.  

What do you find with his work that had flaws, if you can enlighten a bit ?.

Thanks 

Guest kingdombrat
On 2/4/2017 at 8:08 AM, warrior12 said:

What or who you think has been responsible for the way you perceive and interpret scripture.  I mean you have uncles and aunts and friends that are really good people, but you cannot see their view of what you read in the Bible and what is believed and practiced.   What is the driving force for the  theology   you have formulated in your christian walk .  Some have even changed course after long years as they have come to see scripture differently  as they previously had.  

I was once convinced the person, whose influence taught me the majority of the Word of God, was the most brilliant mind I have ever met.   Later on In my teens, I had a combination of a Church Pastor/son in law of the Church Pastor teaching the Word in a [Bible Based] Church/School System.   Mostly, it felt challenging getting 2 new different views seeming {opposite} of what you know from how you were born and raised into it before Life takes it toll.   But slowly God revealed Himself in that [moment] and time period and I was adding more knowledge and wider views that were Scripture based and grounded.   And because of how my life was, being born into it, and having Family being leaders, I dated a few preachers daughters.   And attending those Churches, I always felt they were preaching at me [lol].   But even though none of those dating situations become more, I still remembered those messages.   And then I even traveled and visited some Big Churches to sit in the Congregation and hear those messages.  

I feel I have gained much knowledge through the process of having different [teachers] for different moments in my life.   I also am more convinced the person, who influenced me the most in my impressionable years with the Word, is indeed the most brilliant mind I have ever met!

Guest kingdombrat

Even here at Worthy provides a great platform to gain more knowledge.   It's the process of sharpening the swords.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,896
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 2/5/2017 at 4:08 AM, warrior12 said:

What or who you think has been responsible for the way you perceive and interpret scripture.

Imagine the apostle Paul being asked this question...

Gal 1:12  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Who or What has Determined your Theology

I only believe in what is written in the Holy Scripture. As Paul said, if it isn't in according to what the Holy Scripture asserts, it is curse (Gal 1:6-9).