FiremanSmitty

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Good answers from the others. God bless.

Edited by Prophet of change Lou L
Might not be right place and time.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 2/6/2017 at 0:53 PM, Ezra said:

This is clearly unacceptable, and these people need to be held accountable for making a public display of their foolishness, and bringing shame to Christ. Ideally Christians should not even be using Facebook, since it is generally self-indulgence.

how is Facebook any different than this? Facebook is for connecting with people, debate on things if desired, and people posts stuff that amuses them. very similar to message boards

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Forgive me i didnt realy adress the subject kwik has the answer right appearance important

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, FiremanSmitty said:

Can anyone tell me of the opinion of church staff drinking alcohol and posting it on Facebook? Is this acceptable? I know drinking alcohol is not sin, but I would just like to hear some fellow believers opinions on this. Thanks All! 

This passage comes to mind reading your post!

1 Corinthians 8:12-13

12By sinning against your brothers in this way and wounding their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to stumble.

Leaders of the church need to stay aware they are looked upon and watched for their actions. Drinking may offend a church member or cause one to relapse that has found indulgence in strong drink. if the church member causes strife within the church they are then sinning.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 2/5/2017 at 4:45 PM, woundeddog said:

Leaders- have a greater responsibility to behave in a godly manner- they are given authority, but with that authority comes the caveat that they will be held to a higher standard than the average believers that has not been called to be a leader

Amen to that. How many leaders did God select in the past that had faults? All of them. And its to show that God is in control... not man or satan. How many followers called by God to be perfect after Jesus... none of them, its through Jesus that we're made perfect. Rest assure that we'll be held accountable for whatever the Lord has given us and by His power through Holy Spirit. Nothing will remain that was done by man. All  will stand before Him.