The Word Of God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I read a post from another member about her mother-in-law being evil. I disagree with a lot of the replies she received. It's not all in the mind or paranoia. My mil also consulted psychics and mediums, and the results are disturbing and fictitious at the same time. Their "predictions" aren't real. Also, my mil has proven to be a negative omen since the day I met her. She's a narcissistic idolator with a troubled past, and my family and I have suffered tremendously from her involvement. Although a churchgoer, she's ignorant and indifferent about The Bible. She's given gifts that are actually cursed trinkets (alcohol bottles shaped as skulls and other figures associated with demonology). When these items are in our household, bad things happen. When we dispose of them, harmony is restored. When she's invited to special occasions, there's always disappointments and fumbles. When she's not in attendance, we're exalted and favored. She has distorted truths about God and His ways. If you ask her to quote Bible Scripture, she won't have a clue. So what am I trying to convey here? It's simply this: When in doubt, educate yourself about The Word of God. It is God's TRUTH. It will not only expose all the lies told to you, but it will keep all the wolves in sheep's clothing away. There is no wrong in praying for avoidance from those who are spiritually hazardous for you. It's actually WRITTEN that you not associate with such people. God bless 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings princess of God

Welcome to Worthy,may I ask what you need advice about ? You did advise that people educate themselves in the Word of God,it is good advice to go to Gods Word but it is God that Will "educate" imparting Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of Holy Spirit to those earnestly seeking Him in Christ Jesus   I'm not going to assume that because you are speaking about Gods Truth that you are a Christian as the Outer Court is reserved for unbelievers,seekers & guests to interact with us so I will simply ask......"Are you a Christian & what do you  have a problem with"?If you are a Christian I do apologize & then we can request this Thread be moved to the proper Forum,I'm sure you will understand either way:D                                                    All Glory to God,Praise Jesus!                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yes I am a Christian. Both sharing and seeking advice at the same time. Needed advice in terms of how to keep my family intact, as avoiding my mil is the only way I know. You can let me know which Forum the thread will be posted to

Amen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Princess

Oh,FANTASTIC,so glad to meet you & that you are here....the Inner Court/Need Advice would be the appropriate Forum Sister     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

You are very astute. Thank you for your emphasis upon the Word of God. It IS God in written form. As for your toxic relative, I think you are "on track" in how to deal with her. The long term goal, of course, is to get her to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. In the short term, however, we have to walk out the daily nature of our faith. This "toxic" individual needs to be held (gently) at arms length. Meanwhile, when you have the option, you should encourage your family to read chapters of the Bible together. I raised 9 children and they are all very bright because they grew up reading the Word (now if they would only live by it). Reading the Bible often imparts spiritual life to the readers. So while we may not "see" improvement, their spirits are growing and someday it will come out openly.

The last thing I have to say is to combine your Bible reading with prayer, so the Holy Spirit can speak to you and give you practical strategies for dealing with "difficult" people...even family.

Blessings