IGNORED

I'm Catholic.. because you can believe in evolution and you can believe the flood is a myth

forGod1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 2/6/2017 at 0:12 AM, forGod1 said:

I don't trust anyone that denies evolution anymore. I also know that Noah's Ark didn't happen, and I can prove it.

-How many insects were maintained by the pair by that many people?
-All of the fossils found today were alive at once, 6000 years ago, and fit on the ark?
-How did they build the habitats for polar bears, frogs, etc.?
-Why isn't there one fossil collaborating the flood?
-How did they survive there and back?
-How did they get there and back? How isn't there a fossil outside their respective habitats?
-How many people did all this?
-What did carnivores even eat? Certainly not the other animals on their journys back? And they were back what did carnivores eat once their food sources reproduced to sustainable levels? lol
-Light wouldn't have reached deep enough to reach the vegetation. Once the ark rested, how would the animals/insects whatever survived waiting for seeds to spring forth everything?
-Dinosaurs were just forgotten?
-Why are all fossils buried according to evolution? Why isn't there a layer of fossils collaborating the flood?
-And salt water/fresh water mixing - ever notice that sea creatures are actually not all extinct?
-How did they store the meat for food? How did the vegetation not rot up?
-There wouldn't have been enough room on the ark for two giraffes to eat for that long.

What does being Catholic have to do with this discussion? Although they have enough bad doctrine floating around there to stuff a horse. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/6/2017 at 0:12 AM, forGod1 said:

I don't trust anyone that denies evolution anymore. I also know that Noah's Ark didn't happen, and I can prove it.

-All of the fossils found today were alive at once, 6000 years ago, and fit on the ark?
-How did they get there and back? How isn't there a fossil outside their respective habitats?
-What did carnivores even eat? Certainly not the other animals on their journys back? And they were back what did carnivores eat once their food sources reproduced to sustainable levels? lol
-Light wouldn't have reached deep enough to reach the vegetation. Once the ark rested, how would the animals/insects whatever survived waiting for seeds to spring forth everything?
-Why are all fossils buried according to evolution? Why isn't there a layer of fossils collaborating the flood?
-And salt water/fresh water mixing - ever notice that sea creatures are actually not all extinct?
-There wouldn't have been enough room on the ark for two giraffes to eat for that long.

News flash, all of your questions do not prove one thing.  I'm a Christian because I believe in my Creator.  Who caused a literally flood to happen during Noah's time here on earth.  Which Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord as he and his family being 8 souls were saved in the ark saved from the death of the flood.   Reading one's bible with faith instead of unbelief would make a believer to see the truth given to us in scripture themselves that God started over again the human race with 8 souls that he saved on the ark being Noah and his family members.  Evolution is against what the scriptures teach and is a flat outright lie from this acclaimed Catholic in the OP. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
On 2017-02-06 at 0:12 AM, forGod1 said:

I'm not sure these are the best reasons for being Catholic or any faith. 

What ever faith someone chooses should be based on the fact that they believe it to be the whole truth. Top to bottom. Not because of a couple scientific theorys. 

I don't know if Noah's flood was world wide or localized to a region. I'm open to both ideas. 

As for evolution. Fist it is a theory, it can't be proven. Second the Catholic Church has a very narrow acceptance of evolution theory. It also allows for a literalist interpretation of the creation story. It hasn't declared either dogma. 

The bible is made up of many different books and all these books are a type of genre. For example you are not going to read the Psalms in a literalist way. It's a book of songs written in potetic language. I would argue that the first 3 chapters of Genesis are not meant to read as a science book or history book. They are meant to portray a truth using a story. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 2/6/2017 at 1:12 AM, forGod1 said:

Ok how do you explain how every single culture in existence today and in ancient times have some sort of flood story.

How do you explain marine fossils found on mount Everest, or other mountains or in the middle of the high desert?

How do you explain the death of the dinosaurs and 90% of other animal life? (Yeah yeah we all know the usual story, some meteor hit the yucatan area, but note the spot where it supposedly hit is in the ocean, where much of the floodwaters STARTED.)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 2/5/2017 at 9:12 PM, forGod1 said:

I don't trust anyone that denies evolution anymore.

Interesting.  I don't trust anyone who doesn't understand and trust in the Bible anymore, and who denies that Jesus is the Christ, sent from God the Father.  Or that He became God in human flesh. 

Jesus believed in Noah and the flood so there i no excuse for you not to believe.  As Creator He should know what happened.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

This person was a hit and run. They posted once and left. I am not going to waste my time.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

On 2/5/2017 at 11:12 PM, forGod1 said:

I don't see your connection here. You say you are Catholic and the last time I looked, they believe in God and as being God does provide him with a few perks like creating everything. Since he created everything, what makes you think he would have perceived every angle of the free will and have altered reality to provide as many clues to his nonexistence to those who search for that as he would clues to his existence to those who search for those. This idea that the flood didn't happen and that you can prove it seems to suggest that you don't believe that the Bible is not the word of God.

There are some inconsistencies in the idea of someone who believes in God, but doesn't take the Bible as the word of God, simply because it is the Bible that introduces us to God, in the first place. I would think anyone who believes in God would assume that since he was God, that he would not allow a book about him to have anything inside there that did not happen.

I'm not so much wondering where you are taking this as much as where you are coming from. Did you become a Catholic because you agreed with what they teach or was it because as you say, they seemingly agreed with your stance of subjects. this matters greatly as it provides incite into what you expect to get out of your involvement in religio0n.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

On 4/2/2017 at 6:14 PM, Spock said:

What does being Catholic have to do with this discussion? Although they have enough bad doctrine floating around there to stuff a horse. 

He may have used the aversion of many here against the Catholic Church to try and legitimize his argument as coming from a member of a sect of Christianity instead of an Atheist whose come here to thumb his nose at us.

I've never been able to fathom those who who find amusement it trying to cause others discomfort, unless discomfort is a standard in their lives, they which to export.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

31 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

He may have used the aversion of many here against the Catholic Church to try and legitimize his argument as coming from a member of a sect of Christianity instead of an Atheist whose come here to thumb his nose at us.

I've never been able to fathom those who who find amusement it trying to cause others discomfort, unless discomfort is a standard in their lives, they which to export.

True. Sigh! 

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

This person was a hit and run. They posted once and left. I am not going to waste my time.

Called a "drive-by post." They are not interested in the discussion.