• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

32 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

But not in the sense that you are alluding to in that they are conscious.

Now you are playing games with Scripture.  Christians do not have the liberty to play games with the Word of God.

Why would Paul connect the running of the Christian race with these witnesses if there was no reality to their consciousness?  It would be similar to you participating in the Olympics, but everyone supposed to be watching being fast asleep.  How ludicrous is that?

Your false doctrine is refuted in that one passage alone, so it is time to abandon it rather than cling to it.  Of course, there are dozens of passages to refute soul sleep.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37

32 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

Also I'm not a lawyer but wouldn't a dead witness's testimony stand in court if it was like their final statement?  If so then that should be applicable to your last question.

Being dead is unavoidable.  Being asleep when you should be wide awake is INEXCUSABLE.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/6/2017 at 7:11 PM, Ezra said:

Soul sleep is false, and so is the annihilation of souls. Also, so is the transmigration of souls.

Yes to all the above.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Ezra said:

Now you are playing games with Scripture.  Christians do not have the liberty to play games with the Word of God.

Why would Paul connect the running of the Christian race with these witnesses if there was no reality to their consciousness?  It would be similar to you participating in the Olympics, but everyone supposed to be watching being fast asleep.  How ludicrous is that?

Your false doctrine is refuted in that one passage alone, so it is time to abandon it rather than cling to it.  Of course, there are dozens of passages to refute soul sleep.

Someone should ask a soul sleep believer what this passage means...

Revelation 6:9   And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Revelation 6:10   And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

These people are DEAD. And they speak.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

What did JESUS say ?  That GOD is the GOD of the dead ? (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob)

No.  YHWH is ELOHIM of the living ! (Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob)

But neither the soul-sleepers,

nor the anti-soul-sleepers,

seems to understand or consider concerning this that YHWH does not live confined by time,  nor is HIS KINGDOM restricted by time nor in time.

When a person dies,  as SCRIPTURE says,  they can do nothing.   (this cannot be broken and is truth).

Yet time means nothing to those who have slept.  When anyone is resurrected,  to them it is as if in the blink of an eye.  No surprise there.   Nothing contrary to any part of YHWH'S WORD. 

• Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

18 hours ago, Ezra said:

You assume that I am playing games.  I am quite serious about the statement that I made and just because you disagree doesn't mean that it's ludicrous.  It's been said many times on these boards that a doctrine needs to be substantiated on several witnesses(scriptures) and you claim that "my false doctrine" has been refuted by one passage?:noidea: I respectfully disagree.  You are correct...there may be a dozen passages total "seem" to refute soul sleep but when you  look deeper into those passages it becomes clear that they are no longer refutations.  Love you Ezra and there's nothing you can do about it....:emot-hug:

19 hours ago, Ezra said:

Being dead is unavoidable.  Being asleep when you should be wide awake is INEXCUSABLE.

no idea how to respond to this because I'm not sure where you were going with this but it's an excuse to keep chatting with you.  

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Someone should ask a soul sleep believer what this passage means...

Revelation 6:9   And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Revelation 6:10   And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

These people are DEAD. And they speak.

Genesis 4:9,  10

And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

I thinks it's called a metaphor.  I could be wrong though.

17 minutes ago, Davida said:

I don't think this was a metaphorical to GOD-I think  it was the literal truth. ( don't mind me....carry on....:))

I can't not(lol) mind you Davida...:emot-hug:so blood screams/cries to God?  

How about vs. 11 of the same chapter?

11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

If the blood crying out is not metaphorical to God, then the earth having a mouth to open must also but literal truth.  Just saying bro.  I'm trying to be careful with my words because it sounds one way in my head but sometimes when someone is reading what I wrote it could come off as arrogant so I just want to put in there that this is not my intention at all.  God bless.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Why hasn't any of the soul sleepers replied to my post at the very beginning of all of these posts?And told me what they thought?