zorgblar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

There is a popular belief in our world today called "Universalism" they do not believe anyone is going to hell. They believe that everyone will be saved.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Well Jesus talked about hell, that should be enough.. 

There are many that have been shown hell and came back

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,253
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

So what stays behind other than your body because it says the dead in Christ shall rise first

There is another popular belief in our world today as well. It is called "annihilationism". They do not believe that unbelievers will experience an eternal suffering in hell but will be instantly extinguished after death. So you can see that Satan has been hard at work. And he is working over time.

29 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Well Jesus talked about hell, that should be enough.. 

There are many that have been shown hell and came back

Who is that?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Just search youtube

19 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

So what stays behind other than your body because it says the dead in Christ shall rise first

If the rapture of the Church happens before you die then your body will instantly go to be with Jesus Christ. Your earthly body will instantly be transformed into a glorified body before you reach Jesus. If you die before the rapture of the Church your soul either goes to heaven or to hades/hell depending on if you are a believer or not. If you are a believer your body remains in the grave until the rapture of the Church and then that body will become a glorified body and will meet with your soul that is in heaven and become one glorified body. The body of the unbeliever that is in the grave will stay in the grave until the end of the 1000 year milennium and the body will meet with your soul that has been in hades/hell and you will be judged in the great white throne judgement and then will be thrown in the lake of fire.

10 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Just search youtube

No thanks.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The believer's soul goes immediately to heaven when a person dies.

Thank you, 

The unbeliever's soul goes immediately to Hades when a person dies.

This is not clear, and it is confusing as it is stated ,

you should have made the distinction between an unbeliever who understood the message of the Gospel and decided not to believe it and he died in that state of unbelief. 

He is someone who is found with the denial that Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins, at the time of his last breath. 

And that what Jesus was teaching, he said to those he was speaking to, if you are found with the denial at the time of your death, 

The words that you have heard that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world and you did not believe it, and hope for another Savior to come, these words will judge you, because you did not believe that Jesus was from God. if you die with the denial. 

Hope that I distinguish those who heard and choose not to believe, (that time the Pharisees, and others), from those who never heard Jesus speak by reason of living in Greece or Italy, or in Egypt. 

The fair statement is that those who never heard the Gospel, and died without the denial, but also without the faith of Jesus Christ , can not be classified together with the group of those who heard but desided to denied faith in Jesus as the Savior and died in their unbelief. 

Those who were not given the Gospel and died without the faith of Jesus Christ, but also without the denial of Jesus as the Savior, the Christ,

Those belong to a group of their own. 

When Jesus was hanging on the cross and talking to the thief on one side of Him who was a believer Jesus said "Today you will be with me in Paradise".

I can not say why and what is the reason that you made reference to this even. 

I am quite sure that you believe that Jesus was raised from the dead after three days, and then he went to Heaven ,

and he did not go to Heaven right away, as soon as he was raised from the dead,

as we see when he met the women in the garden he said to them, something that has to do to where he had to go and he had not gone yet.

He was telling the women that how bless they were to have behold him (see him, meet him and talk with him), before his Father got to see him, his Father who was in Heaven. 

And he did not mean his earthly guardian, Joseph,

but his Heavenly Father his God and our God. 

Jesus Christ died before the thief, so he went to the Bossom of Abraham

(who was also in the place of the dead), 

before the thief, and that's where the thief met him as soon as he died. 

The thief he might have  believed that Jesus was going to the Bossom of Abraham, and or something about Jesus that was someone very special and after his death he will have his own kingdom and that perhaps in the Bossom of Abraham, or some special place, in the place of the dead, or perhaps not,

(we do not know if the thief spoke prophetic words, or that he knew Spiritual matters of this kind)

, and he express his wish to be with him. 

He also it seems that he believe that Jesus had some authority to choose who can be in his kingdom, 

In other words he was telling Jesus that he was  not with them, the people and the priest who condemn him to death, that he believed that he is from God, and he is innocent,

The thief must have seen Jesus heal the sick and heard him talk to people, and as the servants of the Pharisees one time said "we never heard anyone talk like him",

and he must have seen that Jesus did not keep distance from the sinners, but he did good to them and he often fellowship with them, 

So the thief was bold enough to ask Jesus to take him to be with him.

And Jesus told him where I am going there you will also be. 

Later when Jesus Christ was raised from the dead , he took everyone who believed in him out from there, the place of the dead, Jesus Christ died for all, and he preached the Gospel to all who had died before him, as Jesus said the way Lazarus heard my voice and came out of the place of the dead, he was raised from the dead, 

The same way, the dead heard JESUS voice (declaring the Gospel to them first, before the living who heard the Gospel after the resurrection).

JESUS said the dead will hear my voice and come alive (believe in him), receiving the forgiveness of sins and the eternal life, and a Heavenly inheritance first.

(Before the living)

As JESUS said " where I am those who believe in me that's where they will be together with me".

The theif  must have been one of those who believe, and as Jesus said where I am that's where you will be with me.

No need to say that he is with JESUS, since the time God gave JESUS the Heavens as his inheritance, and not for him only, but also for his children.  

In reference to "sleep" in the Bible it does not mean literal sleeping. It is a way to describe death. Soul sleep is not Biblical.

Even when we sleep , as when we go to sleep every day, do you think our Spiritual self goes to sleep. 

If Abraham went to sleep how can he received his children in his Bossom. 

Or why Jesus will tell Jonh the Baptist go to the place of the dead before me and declare my coming there in those who are waiting for me in the Bossom of Abraham and Abraham himself. 

Jesus said that Abraham had seen this day , the day of God's Christ

(Jesus day)

who will come to set him free from the captivity and take him to Heaven together with his children , and he rejoice . 

This is the statement I made which you have denied

"The unbeliever's soul goes immediately to Hades when a person dies."

This is Biblical fact. If a person does not believe in Jesus Christ they will go to Hades/hell. There is no other way around it.

You have also denied this statement that I have made:

When Jesus was hanging on the cross and talking to the thief on one side of Him who was a believer Jesus said "Today you will be with me in Paradise".

After Christ died, it was His body that was buried in the tomb. However, Jesus’ spirit/soul was not in the tomb. Jesus’ spirit was in the Father’s presence (Luke 23:46; Ephesians 4:8). See more information in our article here.

As Jesus was hanging on the cross, paying our penalty for sin, He made a promise to a dying, repentant thief. By the grace of God and the power of Christ, that promise was kept. The thief’s sins were washed away, and his death that day was his entrance to paradise.

https://www.gotquestions.org/today-paradise.html