ZacharyB

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The very first law ever given to man was don't eat. Good and evil is a fig tree and the leaves are a cover up. But with out the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness and there is no covering. Jesus is the door cause He is the Lamb that takes away the sin of the world. John 10-1-2  TRULY TRULY I say to you he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep. but climbs up some other way,he is a thief and a robber. but he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep.    To climb up is to scale the tree of knowledge which is the law of good and evil and the temptation is you will be like God and is the greatest temptation of all. Jesus is our greatest example of how to live and He wants us to follow Him if we do we will end up at the cross. At the cross we will see He is more then an example Hes a absolute necessity. Without Him we can do nothing and there is no fruit of value outside of Him John 15-5  There is only one Hero and praise be to God all mighty He is my Savior. And not only mine but all who will put there trust in Him. Jesus said He that believes on Me the works that i do shall you do also and greater works cause i go to the Father.   JESUS IS LORD!      

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

11 hours ago, ProphecyKid said:

They had the same means of Salvation as we had. Its the same grace through faith. The only difference was that they had to use a system of symbols and shadows that were detailed in the Levitical Priestly System, but those things all pointed to Christ. 

The laws had anything to do with earning salvation unless they were laws which dictated how they were to interact within the levitical system in order to obtain forgiveness. For instance, laws which dictated what kind of animal sacrifice was needed at which feasts. But other than that, the other laws were not about earning salvation, they were just about how God wanted his people to live. 

Yes, to those who truly understood scripture, the laws pointed to Christ.  Yet, put yourself in their place at the time they were living.  If they did not live by the law, they were killed in some instances.    They were also commanded to give sacrifices for their sins, where most everyone did at least once a year, but it was a temporal sacrifice, unlike the sacrifice of Christ, which stands forever.  They lived by the law and died by the law.  Why do you think the NT is so full of comparisons between living by the law and living through Christ?  Jesus had not yet come, so there was not understanding of His ministry, only prophecies of His coming, which they got wrong, showing their lack of understanding.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I have enough patience to write ...

One needs to reconcile the so-called OSAS verses with the anti-OSAS verses.

Now, I realize that you Americans have been dumbed-down through your education system,

but try your best, okay?

Trying your best does NOT include whining, crying, rationalizing, complaining, etc.

It might just require some digging into (i.e. reading with comprehension) the NT.

Oh, it might help to have an OPEN mind, sans long-held biases, prejudices, false doctrines, etc.),

all of which need to be cleared out of the way first.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

6 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

Now, I realize that you Americans have been dumbed-down through your education system,

but try your best, okay?

How is anything in this post fulfilling the verse to Love one another as Jesus has loved us? How is this insulting post fulfilling the verse that says Love is the fulfilling of the law? I reported this post for breaking the TOS.

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

3 minutes ago, firestormx said:

How is anything in this post fulfilling the verse to Love one another as Jesus has loved us? How is this insulting post fulfilling the verse that says Love is the fulfilling of the law? 

How is anything in this post understanding the verses which describe

how Jesus treated the ignorant and rebellious Pharisees?

He was yelling at them, "Get your act together or prepare for Hell."

Simple.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

6 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

How is anything in this post understanding the verses which describe

how Jesus treated the ignorant and rebellious Pharisees?

He was yelling at them, "Get your act together or prepare for Hell."

Simple.

I'm not talking verses but the post I quoted. But I should thank you for one thing. God used your posts to show me a couple days ago, that the entire works based salvation is all based on pride. The person's actions have to matter, they have to count. It's all about pride and ego. Everything about works based salvation is about Pride and ego. The insults and sarcasm in some of the posts above further prove this point, IMHO. I'm done. May you draw closer to Jesus and walk always with him.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

1 hour ago, ZacharyB said:

but try your best, okay?

Trying your best does NOT include whining, crying, rationalizing, complaining, etc.

It might just require some digging into (i.e. reading with comprehension) the NT.

Oh, it might help to have an OPEN mind, sans long-held biases, prejudices, false doctrines, etc.),

all of which need to be cleared out of the way first.

ZacharyB has been removed from the thread for the above post and will be issued a warning point.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 2/11/2017 at 10:39 AM, ZacharyB said:

My answer to you is "Chow".

I was hoping you had something to share that would have helped me see your thought process that I might learn something new.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

18 hours ago, gdemoss said:

I was hoping you had something to share that would have helped me see your thought process that I might learn something new.

The Zachary person has been removed from this discussion. Maybe we can redeem this whole thing so that it arrives at a place wherein it reflects the teachings of Jesus. 

To that end I have come to add this scripture should that which wishes to sow discord among the church enter into this thread as it has others here. 

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.(Romans 16:17-18)

Conditional salvation isn't new to members of the church is it? 

Edited by Jewels7

• Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

On 2/12/2017 at 9:38 AM, OneLight said:

Jesus had not yet come, so there was not understanding of His ministry, only prophecies of His coming, which they got wrong, showing their lack of understanding.

I would say that even though Jesus had not come, many of the children of israel didn't understand what his ministry would be.  But, I believe that some did.  I think God left them enough evidence pointing to something greater than their law keeping but most of them got caught up in the traditions.  What comes to mind is John 8:56 which says:

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

If what Jesus said is true then those who were faithful like Abraham could have had an understanding of Christ and what his ministry would mean to them as a people.  Of course this could be deem supposition on my part based on 1 text but we at least know that Abraham understood Christ ministry. And I'd venture to say so did Job.

Job 19:25-27

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Just sharing an observation.