what do you do when God lies to you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

So God has made promises to me after a bad situation. At first I doubted it was him but he gave persistent confirmation through countless messages, people and situations. So once I confirmed it with his word I believed wholeheartedly that he would remain true to his word. However for years now he has done nothing. Well actually he has allowed for the things he told me wouldn't prosper to prosper. So what do you do when God blatantly lies to you?

First I would like to thank everyone for their replies and information. I really do appreciate it. Miss muffet and Churchmouse to answer your questions of how do I know it was God and if he was precise with his promises? They are yes he was very detailed in his promises and the final confirmation was received through his words, in Scripture. Some of it was through people that I know, through others I don't know. Some came from church services and some even came through as God was using me to deliver messages to others all the while he also verified for me. So I know they are his promises. Crazy thing is I didn't necessarily ask him for these promises. I was actually seeking him to verify that I had done things in accordance with his word. He confirmed yes and then he made stated his promises to me. Telling me don't worry it is already done. Be still and all you are asking for shall be taking care of. Now I may be having issues with timing, but then again me seeking advice here might be included in his timing. He does work it all out for his glory and may be I'm here to receive messages (which i have) as well as deliver some.

Kwikphilly, I also want to thank you because you have also helped to confirm somethings for me. Even though your delivery was a bit harsh and accussatory. Please let me explain. I am not trying to be difficult. Just somethings in your reply could have been left out. Like when said "You speak as though you once believed the word of God" that was fine but you could leave out "this doesn't mean that you ever had wisdom or understanding though" I believe everyone's relationship with God is their own personal relationship. God may reveal some Wisdom to you and reveal different Wisdom to me. We should never assume we have more wisdom than anyone else. Also my belief, no MAN has the Wisdom of God or the Understanding of God. Only God has that and only he can deliver it to individuals as he sees fit and in accordance with his plan in his timing. Granted you do say there are many variables. This is why you should not assume nor question someone's wisdom of God. Or mention anything of them having a carnal mind. If you do not know these variables you should not assume you do. Then you go further  on to ask and say, "Have you ever had a relationship with God..... I wouldn't think you may have because you could never make such a statement." Well it's a good thing that I do have a relationship with God and you have actually prove it to be much stronger than I thought (So I thank you). However if I was someone seeking to develop a relationship or question a very weakened relationship you with your harsh accusatory words might have deterred me from every seeking him again. We must be careful in how we introduce people seeking God to God. We just give referrals and testimonials. We should not try and dictate how their relationship is. It's Jesus' job to Sheppard them to God. We just introduce them to Jesus. Don't be like Job's friends and in the process of trying to help actually cause more damage. I am not trying to tell you what to do. Just trying to get you to see it in a different way. Me must remain humble, or we may become the false prophets that we are warned against. As for me questioning God. Even Jesus questioned him. "Father why have you forsaken me?" We are MAN and fall short all the time and we will have times where we question what we do not understand.

As mentioned before I am thankful for all the replies. Even where some may see this as a negative experience, I don't and actually have received a lot of beneficial conformation from God. Thank you all.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings nosolostsoul

Welcome to Worthy.....You speak as though you once believed the Word of God,this doesn't mean that you ever had Wisdom or Understanding though......I don't even know if you ever have or do think yourself to be a Christian so it is very difficult to even speculate...there are just too,many variables here.....

THe reason I say you speak as though you once believed the Word of God is only because you said you "confirmed it"with Gods Word......so,if you truly believed God Word then you would believe what He SAys....

King James Version
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Numbers 23:19

God cannot LIE,HE is Faithful to His Promises,His Word.....this still doesn't do much to address your situation,I could say that your "messages","people & situations that you thought were a sign or Promise from God were not because you lack the Wisdom ,Understanding & Discernment  by Power of the Holy Spirit ,period... but perhaps you are/were a Christian(a carnal minded one) and the things you were asking for were not what God had in Mind when He Touched your heart?I don't know,maybe you asked that someones business fail & they prospered,.mean while God had nothing to do with it...Prosperity in this world is far different than true Prosperity .....

Like I said,there is just not enough information to do anything more than say"Maybe this & maybe that" But the only thing that is 100% positive ,100% without fail is that God does not lie,,,,,,Have you ever had a RELATIONSHIIP with God in Christ Jesus,I wouldn't think so because then you could never make such a statement....I think you may have had "religion".......religion is not Relationship......Obviously ,whatever the issue is"you didn't get your way"(or in your time) & now you blame God...you asked us what you should do & my answer is "Repent & Seek Gods Face in Jesus".....seems you were seeking His Hand,if you get to know Him you can be FRee from doubt,bitterness,resentment & Receive,Joy ,Peace & Comfort from His Blessed Assurance............He Loves you

For God So Loved
John 3:15that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.…

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, nosolostsoul said:

So God has made promises to me after a bad situation. At first I doubted it was him but he gave persistent confirmation through countless messages, people and situations. So once I confirmed it with his word I believed wholeheartedly that he would remain true to his word. However for years now he has done nothing. Well actually he has allowed for the things he told me wouldn't prosper to prosper. So what do you do when God blatantly lies to you?

God has made many promises to us as Christians but God has a plan for our lives. Perhaps your plan for your life is different than what God's plan is. God controls our lives we do not. God can not lie. He can not sin. Maybe you should pray to God and ask that His will be done in your life for His glory and sit back and let Him take the drivers seat instead of you telling God what to do. That is faith and trust.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

How did you verify that it was God speaking to you and what brings up the idea that he lied? Was there a date set or a task given? Many people look to have their prayers answered in their time line and the manner in which they would agree to.

Edited by Churchmouse
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

How did you verify that it was God speaking to you and why brings up the idea that he lied? Was there a date set or a task given? Many people look to have their prayers answered in their time line and the manner in which they would agree to.

That is an interesting question. Was it God? We always have to test those words that we think are coming from God. Are they Biblical?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Maybe you should pray to God and ask that His will be done in your life for His glory and sit back and let Him take the drivers seat instead of you telling God what to do                                        MsMuffet

:amen:                   Sound good tome!!!!!

Guest BacKaran

When I hear people say God has lied to me or he said this but not that, it's almost 100% error on the human understanding of God, His nature and His character.

Please join a Bible study class and or get a Holman Christian study Bible. 

There are many things we cannot know of God this side of heaven but He's told us all we need to know to live a godly life for Him in the Bible. ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

4 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

There are many things we cannot know of God this side of heaven but He's told us all we need to know to live a godly life for Him in the Bible.

Yea, it seems like many people expect things they seem good for them at that time.. But God's will for them at the moment is the opposite of what they wish NOW!

To all:

Can't we just trust in God and wait?

We have to learn to be content with God's will in our lives, being a pleasant moment or not.. Trust in Him. Always.

Trust in the Lord, he cares for you. But we have to analyze ourselves, are we doing what the Lord expect of us?

If the Lord would come now, would you be worried to welcome Him or to hide?

God bless you!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

We are instructed to watch and wait.  That does not mean we stop living or studying.  And what if the Lord we see is the anti-Christ.  Study and be found approved.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 2/8/2017 at 4:27 AM, notsolostsoul said:

I would still say that it could not of been God because God is not a man that He should lie.

• Thumbs Up 2