what do you do when God lies to you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

If I were Yahweh, I would trounce you already! Calling Him a liar.

Now, the interesting thing to me is the things that DID prosper that He said would not. So now I have a question, did you go your own way anyway regardless of the promises? Did you not know that some promises are CONDITIONAL? 

Leaven=Pride, and is Satan's way of "My WAY" or the highway!

Remove the leaven, then see what happens. Yahweh just waits - He has all the time in the world. He may even come back to you to see if you, "GOT IT YET".

Just do no call God a liar. Please!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/3/2018 at 12:21 PM, Justin Adams said:

If I were Yahweh, I would trounce you already! Calling Him a liar. 

Jesus said : turn the other chick. 

your statement that Jesus is going to trounce someone who call him a liar is not according to his caracter. 

Jesus will probably say: 

Come let us reason together, what is the problem, what is your complaints, what are your dissapointments. 

Where do you think I let  you down. 

Jesus will try to help our understanding in many and diferent ways, and he does. 

But there is a big problem and that comes from the people who believe in him and are in a hurry to point to scriptures and day here that what is written in the word of God. 

Too much taking Jesus hostage of what is written down, and forget that Jesus is alive and still talking to us and he cares about us, and he wants to get involved in our situations, but how? 

A lot of confusion comes from our teachers, who prosecute everyone who does not agree with them in everything they perceived. 

We can do a very simple reading in the book of Acts at the begining, and we will see that when Peter healed the paraletic man in the Temple, the other disciples they accept that Jesus had given to Peter a special gift and was working with Peter in that way. 

So even when Peter's shadow fell upon some people were healed. 

This is very strange, because it happened without Peter's plan, and premeditation. 

It just happened and Jesus knew the why.

We see that it was a one time event and it meant to teach something, and put some fear in people not to harm him. 

It radiated the message that some spiritual power was together with Peter, and Peter was not alone, and that power was acting independently from Peter's will and thinking, and this power knew the thoughts and plans of those who intent to harm Peter, and it was there not only to heal but also to protect Peter. 

The other point is, no other disciples took it upon them selfs to immitate Peter, and Peter did not teach the People to immitate him, and point to what Jesus had said: 

Because Peter said: that Jesus had given him something, a gift of healing for this man, that's why Peter said what is given to me and I have I give you. 

Now, the interesting thing to me is the things that DID prosper that He said would not. So now I have a question, did you go your own way anyway regardless of the promises? Did you not know that some promises are CONDITIONAL? 

Leaven=Pride, and is Satan's way of "My WAY" or the highway!

Remove the leaven, then see what happens. Yahweh just waits - 

His name is Jesus Christ for the whole world, beginning from the first man who died "Abel". And also Cain his brother, for there is only one Savior who died for the whole world. 

What would be the complaint of Abel, what did he do to be the longest one in captivity, waiting for Jesus Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I see tongue in cheek is lost on some people. No sweat.

For the record, Smith Wigglesworth DID pray over certain cloths and the records of the miracles that the Lord performed thru him are well documented. He followed the Apostles' lead.

And when you want to get all gooey and lovey - do not forget Ananias and Saphira. Our God is AWESOME and TERRIBLE, and Just and Loving. But not man-made-mushy.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if I answered this post yet.

Hebrews chapter 6 verse 18

God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged.

Notice where it says this.    it is impossible for God to lie

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, notsolostsoul said:

God did reply using his written word. That's where the lies come in. He does not hold to his very words or promises.

Satan is the father of lies and God is the creator of Satan. All wrong doing is allowed by God and can only prosper if allowed by God.

I know what he told me and for 3 years now he has been a liar. It's not Satan it's God, father of Jesus, for he is the only one I did speak to.

It is whatever at this point.

I know now why you have such a view on other posts.    God don't lie  , you just want something and don't get it so you get angry.

We should be greatful  for HIS SALVATION.  who cares what we lose in this life .    just rejoice in His salvation.   You in dire danger.    better repent asap.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 2/7/2017 at 7:27 AM, notsolostsoul said:

So God has made promises to me after a bad situation. At first I doubted it was him but he gave persistent confirmation through countless messages, people and situations. So once I confirmed it with his word I believed wholeheartedly that he would remain true to his word. However for years now he has done nothing. Well actually he has allowed for the things he told me wouldn't prosper to prosper. So what do you do when God blatantly lies to you?

First I would like to thank everyone for their replies and information. I really do appreciate it. Miss muffet and Churchmouse to answer your questions of how do I know it was God and if he was precise with his promises? They are yes he was very detailed in his promises and the final confirmation was received through his words, in Scripture. Some of it was through people that I know, through others I don't know. Some came from church services and some even came through as God was using me to deliver messages to others all the while he also verified for me. So I know they are his promises. Crazy thing is I didn't necessarily ask him for these promises. I was actually seeking him to verify that I had done things in accordance with his word. He confirmed yes and then he made stated his promises to me. Telling me don't worry it is already done. Be still and all you are asking for shall be taking care of. Now I may be having issues with timing, but then again me seeking advice here might be included in his timing. He does work it all out for his glory and may be I'm here to receive messages (which i have) as well as deliver some.

Kwikphilly, I also want to thank you because you have also helped to confirm somethings for me. Even though your delivery was a bit harsh and accussatory. Please let me explain. I am not trying to be difficult. Just somethings in your reply could have been left out. Like when said "You speak as though you once believed the word of God" that was fine but you could leave out "this doesn't mean that you ever had wisdom or understanding though" I believe everyone's relationship with God is their own personal relationship. God may reveal some Wisdom to you and reveal different Wisdom to me. We should never assume we have more wisdom than anyone else. Also my belief, no MAN has the Wisdom of God or the Understanding of God. Only God has that and only he can deliver it to individuals as he sees fit and in accordance with his plan in his timing. Granted you do say there are many variables. This is why you should not assume nor question someone's wisdom of God. Or mention anything of them having a carnal mind. If you do not know these variables you should not assume you do. Then you go further  on to ask and say, "Have you ever had a relationship with God..... I wouldn't think you may have because you could never make such a statement." Well it's a good thing that I do have a relationship with God and you have actually prove it to be much stronger than I thought (So I thank you). However if I was someone seeking to develop a relationship or question a very weakened relationship you with your harsh accusatory words might have deterred me from every seeking him again. We must be careful in how we introduce people seeking God to God. We just give referrals and testimonials. We should not try and dictate how their relationship is. It's Jesus' job to Sheppard them to God. We just introduce them to Jesus. Don't be like Job's friends and in the process of trying to help actually cause more damage. I am not trying to tell you what to do. Just trying to get you to see it in a different way. Me must remain humble, or we may become the false prophets that we are warned against. As for me questioning God. Even Jesus questioned him. "Father why have you forsaken me?" We are MAN and fall short all the time and we will have times where we question what we do not understand.

As mentioned before I am thankful for all the replies. Even where some may see this as a negative experience, I don't and actually have received a lot of beneficial conformation from God. Thank you all.

First...God is indeed true to His word.

So, accusing Him of lying, is not what you should do.

Your choices are:

1. Consider that the timing is not right.
  2. Consider that you have not heard correctly, in which case you should seek Him for clarification.
  3. Keep knocking.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, john1 said:

I don't know if I answered this post yet.

Hebrews chapter 6 verse 18

God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged.

Notice where it says this.    it is impossible for God to lie

I am not sure what this is all about. 

What does it have to do with the OP? 

The OP aproched or was aproched by other believers who made him hope and  believe in something, I don't realy know the specifics, but why would you post this scripture, is it related to the OPs searching for an answer? 

Is Jesus free from blame? Then who is to blame? 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

was aproched by other believers who made him hope and  believe in something

That I didn't know. I've been lied to by pastors, so what can I say, the topic said what do you do when God lies to you, it didn't say when church people do, not everyone in church is a Christian, even if they say they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 10:27 AM, notsolostsoul said:

So God has made promises to me after a bad situation. At first I doubted it was him but he gave persistent confirmation through countless messages, people and situations. So once I confirmed it with his word I believed wholeheartedly that he would remain true to his word. However for years now he has done nothing. Well actually he has allowed for the things he told me wouldn't prosper to prosper. So what do you do when God blatantly lies to you?

Sorry, there may have been a misunderstanding in the way the OP is displayed here. The above was my Original Post. It actually was my very first entry here on worthy. 

As a member here knows, when you first come to worthy you can only post and not reply. So the only way I was able to reply was by editing my original post. So anything written after the first paragraph was in response to a few replies at that time.

Once again thank you all who reply. I use it all to assist me in my journey.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

The Bible is clear that God does NOT lie.

So, God did NOT make a promise to you and then break it.

• Thumbs Up 1