• 3 months later...

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I understand… this is exactly what I am going through now.

I have been a believer all my life but an active believer since the last 20 years. In fact I came across your question looking for an answer to my own query, which is similar to yours. I can see no one has posted anything that helps much. I am not even sure I can.

All I can say is, people are quick to point out that God didn’t say this… but when you see more than several signs attesting to what God seemed to be pointing you out to, its hard to make others understand. People are quick to defend God, as if He needs a defender…but all I can say is, the God who created your feelings and lives inside of your temple, is aware of the slightest stirrings of your heart. He is more alive in you, then you are in yourself, because if we are only a temple being and it is He who lives inside of us, then He is more bigger and more resident in us than we are in ourselves.

I am still trying to find my own answer, but with regard to yours, perhaps He who loves you, is either wanting to prepare you for something better or keep you away from some danger. However if the something you do not want is about prospering, you should evaluate your reason for not wanting it/him/her to prosper. Could it be that you are hurt and you want God’s revenge … which is why you don’t want that/her/he to prosper? If so, letting go is God’s first concern for you. You must forgive to be healed and set free. God who loves that other person will see to it, that that person one day straightens up and repents, but some people are more tough to mould and take time as compared to others. You are easier for God to work on, then that person who may have offended you…(if it is the case).

If this is not, pray to ask God to possibly give you freedom in mind and heart from this issue (as you do not know how else to deal with it). To let this issue stop bothering you, as you are His child. Submit the situation to God and ask Him to free and inner heal you.

I have found one thing that helps me (since months of suffering in this trial), learn to love yourself more and more and ask God to show you how to love yourself unconditionally and believe in yourself. Several of your problems will evaporate and your disposition to so many afflictions, including this present one (which makes you disbelieve God) will soon be of a calm one.

Sometimes God will surprise you and work in ways you least expected, or what you want may be important, but God first wants something more important for you, before He gives you what you want. I know this hurts… it is not wrong a practice to even say, God I am hurting because of my broken heart that trusted in you (and try to reconcile with Him).

I am sure He is going to make wonders happen … all things work for good for those who love Him.

Make peace with your soul, love yourself and make peace with God.

Guest BacKaran

God cannot lie so it was obviously the devil who made you think something was coming when it wasn't.
God is always working in the background for our good, even tho we may never see the workings this side of heaven.

Job asked God why....and God never did answer Jobs question but He revealed more of Himself to Job and Job repented for complaining.
Emotions come and go which is why there are so many politically correct people in this fallen world, dont wanna hurt someone's feelings. Well, until that person understands and accepts the Truth, they are sinners who are lost without God, they will always be offended by the Truth. 

I tried to sell my house and it was a really Hot market in MN, still is. 
I couldn't sell the darn thing after updating it so I said, God is saying no, perhaps I need to stay another 30 years.
My focus for selling was to make money for my retirement.
Once I returned my focus to God, He met all my needs in quick time.

I saw a condo a friend suggested and in a week I had it, my house sold to the first buyer and I moved within a month and closed on my house and condo on the same day. Why had I struggled for two years? My focus was all wrong.  
Once God showed me I need to trust in HIM not money or a sale, all things worked out for His glory and my good. 

Its not always worked that way, Ive been rebuked many times but the fire makes one stronger in God.

Village School of the Bible.org is a great online expositiroy and hermeneutics bible study. I have taken it four times, its a class you pay for as it has college credits to it but dont let that stop you from signing up. Ask Trish for a scholarship. FOr instance, I was taking it again this fall but health reasons stopped me so I donated my class money to the scholarship fund, just for people like you!

May we be able to assist you on the narrow road to know God and His attributes, Jesus and His love for us that He took our sins and gave us HIS RIGHTEROUSNESS so that we may live eternally with Him.

Please keep asking questions!! This is how you will grow! Join a bible study if you can and ask your church pastor if they are preaching expositorially and her hermeneutics...thats line by line preaching the Bible in its correct context.

May God richly bless you as you go forth in your journey!
BACKaran

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 2/7/2017 at 11:27 AM, notsolostsoul said:

. So what do you do when God blatantly lies to you?

God never lies So please be careful before you accuse God of sinning. I learned a long time ago that God answers prayers in one of three ways.

ONE Yes you will get what you want and right away.

TWO, Yes, you will get what you want but you will get it on my timing.

THREE, NO you will not get what you want because its not right for you and I have something better in mind

Another thing you have to be careful of too, is thinking God is speaking to you when it  may just be your own subconcious mind telling you what you want to hear. We all can have a problem with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, notsolostsoul said:

So God has made promises to me after a bad situation. At first I doubted it was him but he gave persistent confirmation through countless messages, people and situations. So once I confirmed it with his word I believed wholeheartedly that he would remain true to his word. However for years now he has done nothing. Well actually he has allowed for the things he told me wouldn't prosper to prosper. So what do you do when God blatantly lies to you?

First I would like to thank everyone for their replies and information. I really do appreciate it. Miss muffet and Churchmouse to answer your questions of how do I know it was God and if he was precise with his promises? They are yes he was very detailed in his promises and the final confirmation was received through his words, in Scripture. Some of it was through people that I know, through others I don't know. Some came from church services and some even came through as God was using me to deliver messages to others all the while he also verified for me. So I know they are his promises. Crazy thing is I didn't necessarily ask him for these promises. I was actually seeking him to verify that I had done things in accordance with his word. He confirmed yes and then he made stated his promises to me. Telling me don't worry it is already done. Be still and all you are asking for shall be taking care of. Now I may be having issues with timing, but then again me seeking advice here might be included in his timing. He does work it all out for his glory and may be I'm here to receive messages (which i have) as well as deliver some.

Kwikphilly, I also want to thank you because you have also helped to confirm somethings for me. Even though your delivery was a bit harsh and accussatory. Please let me explain. I am not trying to be difficult. Just somethings in your reply could have been left out. Like when said "You speak as though you once believed the word of God" that was fine but you could leave out "this doesn't mean that you ever had wisdom or understanding though" I believe everyone's relationship with God is their own personal relationship. God may reveal some Wisdom to you and reveal different Wisdom to me. We should never assume we have more wisdom than anyone else. Also my belief, no MAN has the Wisdom of God or the Understanding of God. Only God has that and only he can deliver it to individuals as he sees fit and in accordance with his plan in his timing. Granted you do say there are many variables. This is why you should not assume nor question someone's wisdom of God. Or mention anything of them having a carnal mind. If you do not know these variables you should not assume you do. Then you go further  on to ask and say, "Have you ever had a relationship with God..... I wouldn't think you may have because you could never make such a statement." Well it's a good thing that I do have a relationship with God and you have actually prove it to be much stronger than I thought (So I thank you). However if I was someone seeking to develop a relationship or question a very weakened relationship you with your harsh accusatory words might have deterred me from every seeking him again. We must be careful in how we introduce people seeking God to God. We just give referrals and testimonials. We should not try and dictate how their relationship is. It's Jesus' job to Sheppard them to God. We just introduce them to Jesus. Don't be like Job's friends and in the process of trying to help actually cause more damage. I am not trying to tell you what to do. Just trying to get you to see it in a different way. Me must remain humble, or we may become the false prophets that we are warned against. As for me questioning God. Even Jesus questioned him. "Father why have you forsaken me?" We are MAN and fall short all the time and we will have times where we question what we do not understand.

As mentioned before I am thankful for all the replies. Even where some may see this as a negative experience, I don't and actually have received a lot of beneficial conformation from God. Thank you all.

The Almighty can not and will not lie. satan is the father of lies, not the Almighty Creator. Remember what the Word says about satan coming as an angel of light.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, missmuffet said:

That is an interesting question. Was it God? We always have to test those words that we think are coming from God. Are they Biblical?

Amen. satan tried tempting Jesus using the Word, but Jesus replied it is written.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, brotherdon said:

Amen. satan tried tempting Jesus using the Word, but Jesus replied it is written.

God always replied with the written work of God. His Father. Satan hates God's word.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

God did reply using his written word. That's where the lies come in. He does not hold to his very words or promises.

Satan is the father of lies and God is the creator of Satan. All wrong doing is allowed by God and can only prosper if allowed by God.

I know what he told me and for 3 years now he has been a liar. It's not Satan it's God, father of Jesus, for he is the only one I did speak to.

It is whatever at this point.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I highly suggest you loose 'The God' lies before you stand before Him...  the only wanna be god who lies is satan... according to God who has never liedex eye245.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I know whom the lies came from and that is why I asked my question. God knows exactly why I say he lied and he has yet to clarify or explain as to why. At this point it doesn't matter anymore.

Thank you all for trying to help.