what do you do when God lies to you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I think people might be better able to address the issue if they knew details. It's like asking, "I need a new part for my car because it sounds funny. What part should I replace?" We would have to know the model, the year, specifics on the sound, etc.

Since I lack details, I can only conjecture. If it is God you are speaking with, then perhaps it is a test. It occurs to me that, if he made promises of rewards and did not deliver (at least, not yet), maybe it is because you expect reward for walking in his ways on some level. Reading through this topic, you seem to get somewhat upset about the absence of fulfillment of the promises. Even though they seemingly came without you asking for them, you want them to come true so badly that you accuse God of being a liar when they do not immediately come through. It could also just be a matter of patience and of faith.

Again, I can only conjecture and I don't know what i'm on about. The answers are between God and yourself. Forgive me if i'm wrong.

Edited by GreyDestiny
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

God cannot sin therefore He cannot lie.  If assurances were given you, and they turned out to be worthless, they came from something other than the Lord.  You need to pray about this and realize that not everything we hear, or see, is of God.  He is faithful always.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

then perhaps it is a test.

I believe it is.

you seem to get somewhat upset about the absence of fulfillment of the promises

Sadly, I do get upset. Not because I want whatever the promise was, that is actually minute. It's more of how can I trust God if he does not keep his word? 

I value my relationship with him more than any worldly promise. However, this situation has put a damper on my trust in him. I don't completely distrust him, I know of too many of his great works. Which makes it difficult for me to understand why he would make promises and then not keep his word.

(People are so going to misunderstand this and incorrectly judge me even more than they already do, but whatever. I don't worry about Man's view of me, they do not decide my fate nor salvation, nor my relationship with him)

It could also just be a matter of patience and of faith.

Most likely. Trust, patience and stronger faith.

I have faith, that is what keeps me seeking him. Well that and the fact that he won't leave me alone (this is a great thing). My faith can be stronger, obviously.

Patience I never was good with that.

Trust...... I had what I thought was full trust in him, but since he has not kept his promises, my trust is not as complete.

I know I fail him in that sense, but I can't understand how to fully trust when the promises are still not fulfilled.

Forgive me if i'm wrong

I appreciate your reply. Even with having limited information, you have given me things to ponder on. Thank you!

Sorry if I have not fully explained myself.