IGNORED

What Does The Bible Say About Interracial Marriage?

What do you believe?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Interracial Marriage a sin?

• Yes, it is
    • I Do Not know
    • No, it is not

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What do you think?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

King James Bible
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2 Corinthians 6:14

Skin color,region,ethnicity has nothing to do with the heart,the Heart of the BELIEVER.....................                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

within my circle there are very few who would have any kind of problem with intermarriage....

I have noticed in my friends of Black Americans and White Americans married is that they have the most gorgeous kids.  To me it just seems like it was meant to be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

What is most important is that they are evenly yoked in Christ. That they are both born again believers. God does not see color. Although the couple and their children may face discrimination and ridicule and they need to be prepared for that.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Great man of God, Moses - his wife was a Cushite. Zipporah.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/7/2017 at 6:52 PM, Your Brother In Christ said:

What do you think?

:sherlock:

Sons Of Adam

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. Genesis 2:7 (New International Version)

And Daughters Of Eve

Then the man--Adam--named his wife Eve, because she would be the mother of all who live. Genesis 3:20 (New Living Translation)

There Is Only One Human Race

The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4 (English Standard Version)

Just As There Is Only

The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them. Genesis 3:21 (New American Standard Bible)

Only One

Because you say, “I am rich and have acquired great wealth, and need nothing,” but do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked, take my advice and buy gold from me refined by fire so you can become rich! Buy from me white clothing so you can be clothed and your shameful nakedness will not be exposed, and buy eye salve to put on your eyes so you can see! Revelation 3:17-18 (NET Bible)

Savior

But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since death came by man, the resurrection of the dead also came by man. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then those who are Christ's, at his coming. Then the end comes, when he will deliver up the Kingdom to God, even the Father; when he will have abolished all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 1 Corinthians 15:20-26 ( New Heart English Bible

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

In the Old Testament, inter-racial marriage was equivalent to inter-religious marriage. That was the only reason why it was forbidden (Deuteronomy 7:3,4). Of course, if the foreigner converted to Israel's faith (as did Rahab and Ruth) there was no problem!

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

In the Old Testament, inter-racial marriage was equivalent to inter-religious marriage. That was the only reason why it was forbidden (Deuteronomy 7:3,4). Of course, if the foreigner converted to Israel's faith (as did Rahab and Ruth) there was no problem!

Correct - it was faith based not ethnicity based.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Moses and Joseph married Egyptians.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

11 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Great man of God, Moses - his wife was a Cushite. Zipporah.

I was going to mention that also, but with a bit more detail. Cush was in northeastern Africa (where Eygpt also is). Likely, Zipporah was of somewhat darker complexion that Moses. Moses, having been raised in Egypt bye Egyptians, would have of course not have thrown bye this, the mother that he knew, was Egyptian.

On the other hand, most of the Hebrews who had fled Egypt, may have had additional predudices, having be enslaved in that land. Perhaps that is a bit of the history behind what we see going on in Numbers 12:

1Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married (for he had married a Cushite woman); 2and they said, “Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us as well?” And the LORD heard it. 3(Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.) 4Suddenly the LORD said to Moses and Aaron and to Miriam, “You three come out to the tent of meeting.” So the three of them came out. 5Then the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the doorway of the tent, and He called Aaron and Miriam. 

Now, I am probably reading too much into this, but I see a bit of irony, in what follows:

9So the anger of the LORD burned against them and He departed. 10But when the cloud had withdrawn from over the tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow. 

It is almost as though, God's action against Miriam was a statement to the effect of:

"So Miriam, you think you are all that, just because Zipporah has darker skin than you, because she is a Cushite? OK, I am going to grant your deepest wish, how would you like to be REALLY white?"

Like I said, probably reading way too much into this, but it does, I think, illustrate that God is not concerned about race. God looks upon hearts, not skin color, and Mirriam's heart was not in the right place.