How to convert others

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Any arguments i coud use/points i could make? i went to help others find forgiveness and see the glory of GOD.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

37 minutes ago, Praise2God4ever said:

Any arguments i coud use/points i could make? i went to help others find forgiveness and see the glory of GOD.

It is actually not our job to convert others. Our job is to proclaim Gospel (good news). It is Holy Spirit which will minister to the soul and draw the person to Lord. We cannot win over people with our intellect or wisdom.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

3 minutes ago, ravindran said:

It is actually not our job to convert others. Our job is to proclaim Gospel (good news). It is Holy Spirit which will minister to the soul and draw the person to Lord. We cannot win over people with our intellect or wisdom.

i know only GOD saves, but if i just go up to someone and  ask them to talk with me about Jesus i  think they will probably just label me as preachy and ignore me

2 minutes ago, Praise2God4ever said:

i know only GOD saves, but if i just go up to someone and  ask them to talk with me about Jesus i  think they will probably just label me as preachy and ignore me

Probably. As long as you have delivered the message, what else you think is needed? And there are going to be some cases where you would have the opportunity to deliver the message personally. Such instances would be more effective.

If someone would challenge our faith, we should gently defend our faith. It does not mean we should go out and challenge everyone and try to convert them by proving them wrong.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

4 hours ago, Praise2God4ever said:

Hi Praise2God4ever Welcome to Worthy!

My advice would be to be well versed in scripture, so you are equipped with the Word of God..It is our sword!!...Also if you are able, always have bibles or new testaments to hand out! Outreach bibles are good because they have useful information in the back..Praise Jesus

Snow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 2/8/2017 at 2:07 PM, Praise2God4ever said:

Dear brother Praise2God4ever,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is not up to us to convert or persuade anyone. Our mission is:

·        “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen” (Matthew 28.18-20).

·        “And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16.15).

Whoever convicts of sin, of justice and of judgment is the Spirit of the Eternal (John 16.8).

And it is up to each one to decide whether to accept or reject Jesus' love for him.

Finally, may Jesus make us a perfect instrument for all to see all the magnificence that is in Him and, thus, they feel themselves stimulated to give their lives into His hands.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

In the book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ, we find the satan was overcome by the blood of Christ and by their testimonies.  Our testimonies of what God has done in our own lives and how He has blessed us and changed us is powerful in their impact on others.  We have to include that our forgiveness and peace is due to the sacrifice Jesus made when He died on the cross for our sins.

Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.Rev 12:10  And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.

Rev 12:11  And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

On 2/11/2017 at 4:24 AM, eileenhat said:

Well said.

I would also add that is by example, we lead others to God, as well.

Yes, completely agree. Lord called us to be light of the world and salt of the earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:07 AM, Praise2God4ever said:

Hi Praise2God4ever,

Good question & very much needed today. In the 70`s & `80`s all I had to do was befriend someone & then ask them to a church meeting. there they heard of Christ dying for them & their need of forgiveness. However over the years I noticed that not many people wanted to go to a meeting. Thus I sought the Lord as how to disciple others. Due to having CFS I am limited in strength. However a couple of days a week I would go & visit a few people that the Lord had brought along side me. We would share God`s word, discuss life`s journey, family & then pray. Over the years these ladies have grown & now do this with their disciples whom God brings across their path. I still work with these ladies & we pray & share of our, & other`s needs.

They found that befriending someone whom is interested to know more of God`s word, or asking for help with life`s issues has also enabled them to grow, seeking the Lord for answers & wisdom. Thus my `method` is to disciple a few who will over time also disciple a few etc multiplying & building into lives. Too often people can get tricked into quick numbers but then they tend to fall away for there is no `walking with them over time.` The key is to go `deep` with a person & that can take a few years but the reward is great as they mature & then in turn go into the harvest.

God has various ways, & sometimes you may only have that opportunity with that person & never see them again. Well share your testimony & then leave them to the Lord for another believer to guide them further.

Hope all that is helpful. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/8/2017 at 8:07 AM, Praise2God4ever said:

Just post the true and literal word of God. The word of God will point to finding forgiveness and to see the glory of God. We can not change a person's heart but we can plant a seed by posting Scripture.