• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Isaiah 11:6 Remember "and the lion shall lie down with the Lamb?" It has changed to "and the wolf will dwell with the lamb." The lion isn't with the lamb anymore.

lion&wolf.jpg

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 hour ago, Chain_Breaker said:

Isaiah 11:6 Remember "and the lion shall lie down with the Lamb?" It has changed to "and the wolf will dwell with the lamb." The lion isn't with the lamb anymore.

lion&wolf.jpg

Welcome~!

:)

To Tell The Whole Truth

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,

and the leopard shall lie down with the kid;

and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. Isaiah 11:6-9

The Holy Bible Is Forever True

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalms 119:89

~

Be Blessed Beloved

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Hail, O Picker of Nits!!!!

Matthew 23:24 24 Ye blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

I use this scripture with the recognition that another version of this scripture might totally imply something different.....NOT!!!

My real point is that changing "lion and the lamb" to "wolf and the lamb" has not really altered the meaning of this particular verse. Both lions and wolves are predators and both enjoy juicy, succulent lamb for dinner. The verse implies there will be a time where the predator/prey relationship will be suspended for a "better way".

To focus upon the details, in this case, detracts from the larger message that things will be different in the Messiah's kingdom. After all, the Bible IS about the Messiah...isn't it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

12 hours ago, Chain_Breaker said:

lion&wolf.jpg

Welcome Chain Breaker,

I love the pictures of all the animals, especially of the wolves.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

17 hours ago, Chain_Breaker said:

lion&wolf.jpg

Welcome To Worthy Chain_Breaker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

From the original scroll:

i116.PNG

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I've heard some people SAY the lion and the lamb, but it's not in the Bible. I have yet to come across a translation that renders the wolf as the lion instead.

http://biblehub.com/isaiah/11-6.htm