When Jesus says he is the Messiah?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I read and reread Gospels and i can't find any verse where Jesus says he is the Messiah

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Bihous,,,

Jesus had a conversation with the Samaritan woman(at the well)....Here (Book of John)He said He is the Messaiah,

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am He.
John 4:26

How much more speciific  could you get?  

Matthew 16:15-17New International Version (NIV)

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

15 hours ago, Bihous said:

I read and reread Gospels and i can't find any verse where Jesus says he is the Messiah

If you're looking for a place where He literally said "I AM THE MESSIAH" you won't find it. But some deeper study makes it clear.

https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/John/Jesus-Claims-Messiah-One-God

https://jewsforjesus.org/answers/jesus/what-proof-do-you-have-that-jesus-was-the-messiah/

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

22 hours ago, Bihous said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Origin and Etymology of messiah
Hebrew māshīaḥ & Aramaic mĕshīḥā, literally, anointed https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/messiah

Some Go Hebrew And Call Jesus, Messiah

Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Matthew 16:16 (New Heart English Bible)

But these are written so that you may believe Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and by believing you may have life in His name. John 20:31 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

~

Origin and Etymology of christ
Middle English Crist, from Old English, from Latin Christus, from Greek Christos, literally, anointed, from chriein https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Christ

And Some Go Greek And Call Jesus, Christ

And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matthew 16:16 (American King James Version)

but these are written, that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31 (World English Bible)

~

Either Way, Jesus Is The Anointed

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:34-36 (King James Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

On 09/02/2017 at 3:06 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Bihous,,,

Jesus had a conversation with the Samaritan woman(at the well)....Here (Book of John)He said He is the Messaiah,

How much more speciific  could you get?  

With love-in Christ,Kwik

these verses don't convince me.

Jesus if he were the Messiah would not wait anyone to say to him you are the Messiah

he had never take initiative to claim this title

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 2/9/2017 at 3:30 AM, Bihous said:

15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 

16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 

17 And Jesus said to him, " Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but MyFather who is in heaven. Matt.16:15-17

Jesus and the Samaritan Woman
…25The woman said, “I know that Messiah (called Christ) is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.” 26Jesus answered, “I who speak to you am He.” 27Just then, His disciples returned and were astonished that He was speaking with a woman. But no one asked Him, “What do You want from her?” or “Why are You talking with her?”…John 4:26

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Bihous

I'm not trying to convince you & Gods Word does not need anyone to defend......When a person(like yourself or anyone really) seeks the Lord with an earnest heart He Reveals Himself to them.....ask Him and He Will tell you9 Himself,when your heart is Convicted by His Holy Spirit then you know He is WHO He SAYS HE IS....Jesus NEVER forced Himself on anyone & He never Will...'

The Parable of the Sower
Mark 4:8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it sprouted, grew up, and produced a crop—one bearing thirtyfold, another sixtyfold, and another a hundredfold.” 9Then Jesus said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” 10As soon as Jesus was alone with the Twelve and those around Him, they asked Him about the parable.…

King James Bible
Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?
Mark 8:18

Also,I'm sure if you studied & understood the Ancient languages it really would help......but it would only help to understand better by your "understanding" logic,reason,academics etc.....thats not necessary when you have a Relationship with God in Christ,you can then see with the Eyes of your Heart

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

3 hours ago, Bihous said:

these verses don't convince me.

Jesus if he were the Messiah would not wait anyone to say to him you are the Messiah

His very birth fulfilled numerous specific prophecies that His people were well familiar with. He performed mighty miracles with God's power. He taught in shocking, profound ways never seen before, nor since. I'm not sure why you think he should have gone around saying the words "I AM THE MESSIAH!" Anyone can say anything; only Jesus could prove it through actions.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

4 hours ago, Bihous said:

13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Jesus might not have gone around proclaiming His messiahship, as He did not want that fact well known at the time. He told demons to bite their tongues, when they knew who He was. He told those He healed, not to tell others. Messiah was to be a worker of miracles and a healer. His first miracle, the changing of water into wine, he told his mother that His time was not yet. John the baptist had his doubts, and Jesus told John's diciples to tell John what Jesus was doing, so that he would know, that Jesus was the one they were looking for.

Then there is John 10:

24 The Jews then gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, “How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Messiaht, tell us plainly.” 25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. 26“But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep.

You do not really need to read between the lines here, Jesus may not have been drawing attention to the fact that He was the messiah, but He also never denied it, and did express it when pressed, without being vague about it.

On 10/02/2017 at 0:09 AM, BK1110 said:

If you're looking for a place where He literally said "I AM THE MESSIAH" you won't find it. But some deeper study makes it clear.

https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/John/Jesus-Claims-Messiah-One-God

https://jewsforjesus.org/answers/jesus/what-proof-do-you-have-that-jesus-was-the-messiah/

Jesus all days rejected the title . he is not the Messiah . and all the believers were living with him did not believe him as the Messiah

John 7/31 :" 31 But of the people many believed in him,
and said: When the Christ cometh, shall he do
more miracles,
than these which this man doth?"

him refer to Jesus.

the verb come is conjugate in the future . this means that Jesus is not the Messiah