• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:30 AM, Bihous said:

I read and reread Gospels and i can't find any verse where Jesus says he is the Messiah

A) Jesus said if I testify of myself, my testimony is not true.

b) Jesus in the passage below tells the questioner the He was, and is, and is to come. He is God, he is eternal! by saying before Abraham, "I AM"

your answer is in John 8 52-58. I bolded the areas you need to focus on for your answer.

52The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, ‘If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death.’ 53Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself out to be?” 54Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’c 55But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” 57So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”d 58Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, Bihous said:

Jesus all days rejected the title....
he is not the Messiah....

and all the believers were living with him....
did not believe him as the Messiah....

:sherlock:

For In His Holy Name

There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 (New Living Translation)

Is Salvation

and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Romans 3:24 (New International Version)

And He Is The Anointed One Of

About Yeshua who was from Nazareth, whom God anointed with The Spirit of Holiness and with power, and he was traveling and healing those injured by The Evil One, because God was with him. Acts 10:38 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

The LORD

"And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD Will be delivered; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem There will be those who escape, As the LORD has said, Even among the survivors whom the LORD calls. Joel 2:32 (New American Standard Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved

"Truly, truly, I tell you, one who does not enter by the door into the sheep fold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But one who enters in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out. Whenever he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. They will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him; for they do not know the voice of strangers." Jesus spoke this parable to them, but they did not understand what he was telling them.

Jesus therefore said to them again, "Truly, truly, I tell you, I am the sheep's door. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters in by me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out, and will find pasture. The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away; and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. And the hired hand flees because he is a hired hand and the sheep means nothing to him. I am the good shepherd. I know my own, and my own know me; even as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep, which are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will hear my voice. They will become one flock with one shepherd. Therefore the Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down by myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. I received this commandment from my Father."

A division arose again among the Jewish people because of these words. Many of them said, "He has a demon, and is insane. Why do you listen to him?" Others said, "These are not the sayings of one possessed by a demon. It is not possible for a demon to open the eyes of the blind, is it?"

It was then the Feast of the Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in Solomon's porch. The Jewish leaders therefore came around him and said to him, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly."

Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe.

The works that I do in my Father's name, these testify about me. But you do not believe, because you are not of my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give eternal life to them. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

Therefore the Jewish leaders took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of those works do you stone me?" The Jewish leaders answered him, "We do not stone you for a good work, but for blasphemy: because you, being a man, make yourself God."

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, you are gods?' If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),

do you say of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You blaspheme,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God?'

If I do not do the works of my Father, do not believe me. But if I do them, though you do not believe me, believe the works; that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

Now they sought again to seize him, and he went out of their hand.

He went away again beyond the Jordan into the place where John was baptizing at first, and there he stayed. 41Many came to him. They said, "John indeed did no sign, but everything that John said about this man is true." And many believed in him there. John 10 (New Heart English Bible)

Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 2/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, Bihous said:

Jesus all days rejected the title . he is not the Messiah . and all the believers were living with him did not believe him as the Messiah

John 7/31 :" 31 But of the people many believed in him,
and said: When the Christ cometh, shall he do
more miracles,
than these which this man doth?"

him refer to Jesus.

the verb come is conjugate in the future . this means that Jesus is not the Messiah

Read that whole section:

"25 Some of the people of Jerusalem therefore said, “Is not this the man whom they seek to kill? 26 And here he is, speaking openly, and they say nothing to him! Can it be that the authorities really know that this is the Christ? 27 But we know where this man comes from, and when the Christ appears, no one will know where he comes from.” 28 So Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, “You know me, and you know where I come from. But I have not come of my own accord. He who sent me is true, and him you do not know. 29 I know him, for I come from him, and he sent me.” 30 So they were seeking to arrest him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come. 31 Yet many of the people believed in him. They said, “When the Christ appears, will he do more signs than this man has done?” -- John 7:25-31

He's clearly saying God has sent him. Immediately after this, people were seeking to arrest him...because he claimed to be one with God and sent by Him, blasphemy under Jewish law.

It's likely that the people were asking rhetorically afterwards something along the lines of "hasn't this guy done everything you would expect the Messiah to do? Could someone else come that would really fit the bill better than this guy?" Remember that it says they believed in him; they weren't questioning him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Bihous said:

I read and reread Gospels and i can't find any verse where Jesus says he is the Messiah

Acts 10:38, "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, who went about doing good and healing all those who were oppressed with the devil, for God was with Him."

Did you notice the words of the Spirit there?

God anointed Jesus! Not Jesus Christ....for Christ means the anointed one of God, God's Messiah.

Jesus Christ existed in His Spirit body as The Word (John 1:1) throughout all eternity past, untill He divested Himself of His Spirit body and became a man John 1:14). As God He has always existed. But, as a man, in taking human form, flesh and blood, He had a beginning.
Scripture, show that Jesus Christ was one of the three divine persons of the Deity and that as God he had no beginning.

John 1:1 states that He was the Word, and that He was with God, and that He was God. He became a man in John 1:14. The Father never divested Himself of His Divinity and became man, and He remained in Heaven the whole time Jesus was on the earth. Every time jesus prayed to the Father He prayed to Him "In Heaven." Jesus knew who the Father was and He also knew where the Father was.

Mic. 5:2 states Jesus existed from all eternity.

John states of Jesus as existing in the very beginning with the Father (John 1;1-5).

Jesus Himself said He was before Abraham, and before the World was created (John 8:58; 17:5, 24).

Paul states Christ as existing before all things and as the creator and upholder of all things (Col. 1:15-18; Heb. 1:1-3, 8; 2:10). God the Father created all things by Jesus (Eph. 3:9).

Divine names are ascribed to Him.
These divine names and titles proves that He is by nature divine and a member of the Godhead.
He is called God and Immanuel in (Matt. 1:23; John 1:1; 20:28 and Acts 20:28).

Christ the Lord (Luke 2:26); He is The Son of God (Matt. 4:3; 14:33; Luke 22:70; John 1:34; Rom. 1:4).

He is called "MY SON" by the Father in (Matt. 3:17); The only begotten Son (John 1:18; 3:16-18; 1 John 4:9).

He is called the First and the Last. Alpha and Omega, The beginning and Ending (Rev. 22:12, 13, 16). The Lord (Acts9:17); The Son of the Highest (Luke 1:32; Mark 14:61).

The Holy Child Jesus (Acts 4:30); King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Rev. 19:16); Lord and Savious (2 Peter 3:2); and The Word Of God (Rev. 19:13), and many more such titles show He is a member of the Divine Godhead.

In Phil. 2:5-11 Paul speaks of Christ being in God's form and that He laid aside this form and limited His attributes and powers as God to become a man. These powers were given back to Him when He was exalted to the highest place with God, (Coll. 3:1; Mark 16:19), after His lowest humiliation and limitation before God-even to do nothing, say nothing, be nothing and depend entirely upon God the Father for needed grace for body, soul, and spirit, and make a sucess of the work the Father sent Him into the world to do (Phil 2:9-11; Eph. 1:21-23; Col. 1:15-24; 1 Pet. 3:22). We know He did not keep His powers and position whilst a man, else He could not have been exalted back to it.

If He had not laid aside all His Glory and power He could not have had it restored to Him as stated in John 17:5. If He had retained all His riches while on Earth He could not have become poor for our sakes as taught in 2 Cor. 8:9. If He had kept His divine form He could not have taken on human form as taught by Phil. 2:5-11.

His incarnation proves He was limited as a man and grew to manhood as we all do, and He developed normally as any other human child. All the traditional theories of Him making toy birds and animals of mud and breathing life into them so they became real creatures and ran and flew away, and the many other miraculous powers He allegedly had from birth are mere theories and traditions made up by suspicious pagans to make Him equal with their pagan gods. He was a normal man as we are, and He did no miraculous works untill He was anointed fully by the Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:16-17; John 2:11).

After Jesus was annointed by the Holy Spirit to the full, He then posessed all the gifts and Graces of the Holy Spirit to the full, and He demonstrated what being like God among men really is like and He encouraged one and all who aspire to this exalted position, of sons of God with Power (John 3:34; Acts 10:38).
He laid aside His natural and divine attributes, and their use, and became a perfect example of yieldedness to God and His Spirit to overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil (Heb. 10:5-9; Acts 10:38).

Regarding His Humanity. Human names were ascribed to Him. Rabboni (John 20:16), Jesus (Matt. 1:21), Son of Abraham and David (Matt. 1:1), Seed and Offspring of David(Rom. 1:3; Rev. 5:5; 22:16). The second man and the Last Adam (1 Cor. 15:45-47). The King of the Jews (Matt. 2:2).

He was called a "BABE," a "CHILD," and a "MAN" (Luke 2:16; Isa. 9:6; Acts 17:31; 1 Tim. 2L4-5; Rom. 5:12-21; John 8:40; Acts 2:22; 1 Cor. 15:21, 45-47).

It was prophecied that He would be born of a human mother (Gen. 3:15; Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; 11:1; 53:1-12; Ps. 22).

And He had flesh and blood like all other men (John 1:14; Heb. 2:14-15; 1 John 4:1-6; Luke 24:39; John 19:34).

Jesus Christ, resurrected in His glorified flesh and bone body, now sits beside the Father on a throne, in Heaven (Luke 24:39; John 20:27; Mark 16:19; Luke 22:69), for the Father, who is and did remain a Spirit being, is Spirit and has a Spirit body, and must be worshiped in Spirit and truth (John 4:24). Jesus could not sit beside His Father in Heaven with in a glorified flesh and bone body, and also be the Father who has a Spirit body?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, Bihous said:

Jesus all days rejected the title . he is not the Messiah . and all the believers were living with him did not believe him as the Messiah

John 7/31 :" 31 But of the people many believed in him,
and said: When the Christ cometh, shall he do
more miracles,
than these which this man doth?"

him refer to Jesus.

the verb come is conjugate in the future . this means that Jesus is not the Messiah

what?

read the verse again, it is a rhetorical question. it wasn't  a statement. you are fleshing it out as a statement when it is fleshed out in the bible as a rhetorical question.

the writer asks what Jesus has done, and is lacking in the viewers eyes that prevents him from being seen as the Messiah in the viewers eyes and says if YOU the person he is speaking to think Jesus isn't the Messiah, then what other things do you think the messiah needs to do to prove he truly is the son of God!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

3 hours ago, WholeyGod'schild said:

the writer asks what Jesus has done, and is lacking in the viewers eyes that prevents him from being seen as the Messiah in the viewers eyes and says if YOU the person he is speaking to think Jesus isn't the Messiah, then what other things do you think the messiah needs to do to prove he truly is the son of God!

Be Blessed Beloved

"Truly, truly, I tell you, one who does not enter by the door into the sheep fold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But one who enters in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out. Whenever he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. They will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him; for they do not know the voice of strangers." Jesus spoke this parable to them, but they did not understand what he was telling them.

Jesus therefore said to them again, "Truly, truly, I tell you, I am the sheep's door. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters in by me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out, and will find pasture. The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away; and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. And the hired hand flees because he is a hired hand and the sheep means nothing to him. I am the good shepherd. I know my own, and my own know me; even as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep, which are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will hear my voice. They will become one flock with one shepherd. Therefore the Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down by myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. I received this commandment from my Father."

A division arose again among the Jewish people because of these words. Many of them said, "He has a demon, and is insane. Why do you listen to him?" Others said, "These are not the sayings of one possessed by a demon. It is not possible for a demon to open the eyes of the blind, is it?"

It was then the Feast of the Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in Solomon's porch. The Jewish leaders therefore came around him and said to him, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly."

Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe.

The works that I do in my Father's name, these testify about me. But you do not believe, because you are not of my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give eternal life to them. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

Therefore the Jewish leaders took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of those works do you stone me?" The Jewish leaders answered him, "We do not stone you for a good work, but for blasphemy: because you, being a man, make yourself God."

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, you are gods?' If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),

do you say of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You blaspheme,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God?'

If I do not do the works of my Father, do not believe me. But if I do them, though you do not believe me, believe the works; that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

Now they sought again to seize him, and he went out of their hand.

He went away again beyond the Jordan into the place where John was baptizing at first, and there he stayed. 41Many came to him. They said, "John indeed did no sign, but everything that John said about this man is true." And many believed in him there. John 10 (New Heart English Bible)

• 1 month later...
Guest BacKaran

If you don't have correct study skills to discern what the Bible is telling you, you won't understand it for the most part and as a non believer, you can't understand it until you are born again in Christ. That's in the Bible, you've read it a couple of times and still missed it. Praying for you.