• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

22 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Why would any Christian fear death? For Christians it is a transition from a world that is corrupt to a region that is pure and perfect. See John 11:25,26.

but no one knows what their transition will be like, and the unknown is scary. It doesn't pay to dwell on it, but it's human to have a little anxiety about it.

Guest BacKaran

Well I'm waiting for the day when women can shave heads and have no one think they are ill with cancer, I'd loved to go bald! I've always had thin hair, if I use hair spray and products, my head breaks out so hey.  Let me know the the baldy lady look is in, I'll do it! ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

26 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Why would any Christian fear death? For Christians it is a transition from a world that is corrupt to a region that is pure and perfect. See John 11:25,26.

being dead is not a big thing.....   getting to be dead can be easy or very hard.  I've seen both.   I'd like to go while asleep during an operation or colonoscopy or something.   Totally unaware of it's approach.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That's cheating lol. How about crucifixion or being mauled by a lion?

my dad died from prostate cancer that had spread out to most of his insides and was in his back and bones.....    worse than crucifixion and definitely worse than the lion.....     two weeks of the most excruciating pain that you can imagine...   wanting to die and can't, knowing it can't get better, not even morphine helping.....

If we did that to one of our animals they would put us in jail.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Regards. My mom went through the agonies of lung cancer.

Like I said, I have no fear of the other side, it's the pain of passing through.

A contractor I've known almost 20 years was diagnosed with cancer 2 months , almost 3 months ago. 

He had a pr score of over 1980 and didn't know what to do ... (the doctors didn't inspire much hope).

He ended up going to one of the best clinics that did immune system therapy,  and in one week his score dropped to 980,

and after 2 weeks to 198,   (that was about a month ago now),  and

he was / is very happy.  (they didn't use any drugs, and had natural controls for the pain:  all the pain went away within 3 weeks I think (that's normal average at the good clinics) ...

He was surprised how happy every was,  patients and staff,   and practically no one "lost hope", not even terminal patients.(most of whom survived / recovered very well)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Getting old is not going to stop for anyone. There have been billions spent on surgeries, moisturizers and various kind of creams and a ton of hair dye. No one has discovered a fountain of youth yet. So suck it up and grow old gracefully.

One SHOULD grow old gracefully.  Mini skirts on women over fifty is are just plain weird!  We are all going to look older and I, for one, don't care much about that.  But the point of the article is that we don't have to grow decrepit, immobile and dependent on others as we get older.  That, to me, is scarier than a few wrinkles or gray hair!

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, shel said:

but no one knows what their transition will be like, and the unknown is scary. It doesn't pay to dwell on it, but it's human to have a little anxiety about it.

Once when I was having a severe asthma attack God asked me what I was afraid of.  What was the worst thing that could happen?  Death? Then He told me "  That would be like falling backwards into Father God's arms.

It hit a chord.  My dad used to urge me to stand on a stool and fall backwards.  He was always there to catch me.  It was overcoming fear and growing in trust.  So it is that we must trust God to be true to His Word.  Jesus will be there when we fall backwards into Father God's arms, and so we shall ever be with the Lord.  Halleluia!.   

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

15 minutes ago, Willa said:

Once when I was having a severe asthma attack God asked me what I was afraid of.  What was the worst thing that could happen?  Death? Then He told me "  That would be like falling backwards into Father God's arms.

It hit a chord.  My dad used to urge me to stand on a stool and fall backwards.  He was always there to catch me.  It was overcoming fear and growing in trust.  So it is that we must trust God to be true to His Word.  Jesus will be there when we fall backwards into Father God's arms, and so we shall ever be with the Lord.  Halleluia!.   

There are some people who are very,very afraid of death. That often leads to hypochondria.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Barring the rapture all our bodies are terminal. His survival was only a temporary reprieve.

When we get to heaven we will have glorified bodies. They will be perfect. I have read some debates of the age our bodies will be in heaven. I have heard 30 because that was the age when Christ resurrected. But I really do not know.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

One SHOULD grow old gracefully.  Mini skirts on women over fifty is are just plain weird!  We are all going to look older and I, for one, don't care much about that.  But the point of the article is that we don't have to grow decrepit, immobile and dependent on others as we get older.  That, to me, is scarier than a few wrinkles or gray hair!

that's why one must exercise and keep themselves in shape