LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Congratulation! A few of the people here  have caused me to change my mind about something. After all the debates and arguments you have won me over to your side on something. There was a post about Joyce Meyer being a false teacher. I have listen to Joyce Meyers and I have enjoyed her "feel good" message from time to time. I've never been a fan but I found her enjoyable. But after some of you here started saying that she is a false teacher. I started looking into that, and after seeing a few Youtube clips about her and what she is saying, I now think that what she is teaching is questionable. It seem as though she is using Scripture in away that seems right but is not the true message of the Scripture. I'm still not sure of everything I mean if it is her intent to miss lead people or if she is mislead herself. In other words I do not know her heart and some of the things she says are uplifting. But like I said I am now a bit more cautious of her message and feel some of what she says is questionable. So there you are. You won me over with a debate. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

COOL test -imony  (play on "test") , and GOOD.  (edifying and helpful).

The Scriptures say to test everyone who brings a message ,  yet the most popular like her, and a long list of others,  seem to be

beyond testing according to a lot of their followers (reasons unknown, or unimportant).

The most popular in JESUS day,  and in the last 100 years, were false teachers, and more numerous than the truth teachers,

so use the same CRITERIA - SCRIPTURES,   to test or evaluate each one as YHWH(GOD) says to plainly.

This could possibly prevent a lot of heartache (and much worse consequences) even ten, twenty or forty years down the road of life.

(as some on this forum have noted - absently following someone or some teaching for forty years or more before finding out ... and IF (since some never do find out) ) ....

JESUS repeated the warnings more often than the blessings I think.  So the warnings (to test everything) are important to HIM, and to HIS followers.

Guest BacKaran

Thank you sister for the update. It just takes time to research, listen and discern what they are saying and what they are NOT saying.

I've been thru all of them and any time something seems off, I look into it cuz I don't want to be fooled again.

Great biblical hermanuetics in a preacher is rare these days but God bless those who remain strong until Jesus returns again.

Question everything, ask ask and research, that's how I got out of the Roman Catholic wheel of guilt, shame, you need to do more to be sin free etc. .

No. The Bible clearly and plainly tells us that Jesus has done it all. Nothing we do is needed for only He is our Salvation!

Edited by BacKaran

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I have noticed a lot of names mentioned about being a false teacher.  What stood out more then anything is though they may be off, or exaggerate on a few points, most seem to love Jesus.  I am starting to curb my words to point to what I see as false and showing scripture about this certain point being not scriptural, and stop saying they are a "false teacher" as most of what they do say is on point.  Yet, there are a few that I would dare say are false period, as they twist scripture more than not.  Making a mistake here and there does not mean they are a false teacher, just human.  If people knew all that I believed, I am sure some would include me as a false teacher also only because they disagree with my understanding of scripture.

Instead of labeling a person for being off on a few points as a false teacher, prove that the point you disagree with is wrong in the framework they put it in.  It is so easy to place labels on others, but remember, how we judge others is how we will be judged.  Matthew 7:2 states "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Amen, OneLight.  We all change as we are conformed to the likeness of Jesus and grow in our understanding of Scripture.  So even our doctrine  can be modified.  My pastor says that he has changed in some things he teaches over the last 30 years, has had to apologize, and may have to do so again.  But I have found very little to disagree with in his hermeneutics and expository preaching.  And he has cleared up some things for me as have some people here on Worthy.  

Guest BacKaran

For Joyce Meyer, she had her snow in the early morning here years ago but the first thing it off her mouth was... So, do you like this honker ring of mine? Oh she went on about how big and beautiful it was and that a last have it to her after a conference. I couldn't listen to the ready of her message because she was so proud to show this honker ring....

I believe Meyers could have not taken the honker ring but thanked the woman for her thoughts of giving it to her.

I think the show was about anything to do with His blessings and Meyers was blessed with a honker ring by God. Maybe .....Maybe ....not

Sorry Joyce, you got more money than everyone in your audience, buy your own honker ring.

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Matthew 7:2 states "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

This was never meant to be a judgment. I tried very hard to write my post in away that was not judgmental. I only meant to say that the few people here who said she was false at first I dismissed them. But what they said peaked my curiosity so I had to go check things out for myself. I do feel that somethings are questionable. Like I said I do not know her heart. But I am starting to question some of her teachings and that was because of what some of the posters here were saying. I'm not telling anyone else what they should think or do. 

10 minutes ago, Willa said:

Amen, OneLight.  We all change as we are conformed to the likeness of Jesus and grow in our understanding of Scripture.  So even our doctrine  can be modified.  My pastor says that he has changed in some things he teaches over the last 30 years, has had to apologize, and may have to do so again.  But I have found very little to disagree with in his hermeneutics and expository preaching.  And he has cleared up some things for me as have some people here on Worthy.  

I have found that when we stop changing, it means we have stopped learning.  A mind that stops learning becomes stagnate. 

7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This was never meant to be a judgment. I tried very hard to write my post in away that was not judgmental. I only meant to say that the few people here who said she was false at first I dismissed them. But what they said peaked my curiosity so I had to go check things out for myself. I do feel that somethings are questionable. Like I said I do not know her heart. But I am starting to question some of her teachings and that was because of what some of the posters here were saying. I'm not telling anyone else what they should think or do. 

I am not judging you either.  If I was, I would of quoted your post.  All I was trying to do is speak for myself and my experiences in life, to encourage others as He encouraged me to change ... what God has shown me and how He has changed me.  I used to be one who would enjoy pointing fingers at teachers and try to show why they should be ignored.  It took a few years, but He straightened me out!

I quit listening to her back in the 90's along with some other preachers when it became apparent to me that some of what they taught I didn't find in my bible.

I noticed that the more I listened to or read books by Some preachers the more screwed up my thinking got.

So I stuck with reading the bible only  and also listened to the bible daily and after a very short time my thinking got better. I still have a lot to learn.