• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi,

I have never wrote to any forum or done anything like this but I think I will give it a try to see if I can get some answers to the problems in my life. So a bit about me... I am a high school student who doesn't have friends. I excel in math and science however I'm quite dumb when it comes to language arts as you can tell from my grammar. So about my problem. Today is my 17th birthday I sit at home crying because I have no friends. Everyday I eat lunch in the corner of the school. I always spend my weekends and holiday studying because that is the only thing I can do to kill time. I even considered suicide before. I know I seriously need help that's why I'm here. I always wished I had some friends. Everyone seems to be living such a happy life with friends. I have a few acquaintance but we don't hang out. Most of the people(acquaintance) I know trash talk each other and I find it quite offensive as a Christian. I tried to convert them but my words were only returned with words of hate and anger so I don't really associate with them. So in hope of resolving this social disorder I joined the volunteering club. I tried joining the volunteering club but I always end up being the awkward guy who just sits there and watch everything be done from a distance. When I show up to the clubs everyone is already in groups spending time with their friends and enjoying life. It is almost as if I am completely invisible to those people. All of the members of the club happen to be girls and I don't have any experience socializing in general so I get more nervous when I'm around girls. Eventually I stopped showing up to the club meetings because there was no point in going. It was as if nobody even noticed that I stopped coming. Everyone continued to live their lives and raised money for charity with or without me. I have done lots of research but nothing really made a change. I constantly question the purpose of my existence and the meaning of life. Nobody that knows me know I have this problem. Everyone has high expectations for me and thinks that my life is perfect because I have high grades and win a bunch of awards. I can't afford any therapist because I am a student and I'm too afraid to tell my parents. I have begged for the help of God but I have yet received a answer. To be honest these are my true feelings and it is very embarrassing to type this. I hope I can get some advice and tips by sharing my problem with other fellow Christians.

Thanks in advance,
Anonymous 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Hi, Person17. First off, I wanna tell you that you're not alone in this. I have very few friends, and the friends I do have are atheists, aside from one Catholic and my boyfriend, who is a Christian as well. I don't talk to people usually, and although I used to enjoy it, there have been times when I've felt extremely lonely. I've considered suicide at one point in my life as well, and let me tell you, that was not a fun time. I went about 4 years being totally depressed, to the point where I actually became numb to everything for quite some time. I'm out of all this now, thanks be to God. But, I know what you're going through. I'm 16, I'm really bad at math, and I never talk to people.

So, the whole point-of-our-existence thing. To begin with, we (and everything else that exists) were created for God's glory, as we see in Isaiah 43:7 and 1 Corinthians 10:31. That's why God made everything; for His glory. Well, then Adam and Eve went and screwed it up. That's why there's suffering in the world. That's why we have to work for what we need. That's why there's sin. That's why not all of God's children are always rejoicing. Because sin brought pain and suffering. Now, aside from glorifying God, we have another job as well - to try to point others towards the spring of living water who is Jesus Christ, God's only Son.

One thing I've learned during my time in high school is that, if you wanna talk to people, you usually have to initiate the conversation. You have to be willing to let people know that you are okay with talking. Because if you always sit in the corner all by yourself and you never make an attempt to socialize, people might think that that's how you prefer it, thus not wanting to bother you. That was the case with me. I actually found out that I seemed to others that I'd rather not talk. A lot of people thought I disliked them because of how closed off I was, even though I didn't mean to come across that way. So, step out of your comfort zone! YES, it will be uncomfortable. YES, you will feel weird at first. But that's how you get comfortable, by stretching your boundaries a little bit! :)

If you feel that your prayers are going unanswered, here are some possible reasons from the Bible why this may be happening:

1. Maybe you're just not being patient enough. Maybe God plans on answering "yes" to your prayer, but He has a certain time for it, and that time just hasn't come yet. We need to trust in God's timing, because it's perfect. The first verses of Ecclesiastes chapter 3 says that there is a time for everything.

2. Maybe you have some sin in your life that you just keep hanging on to and refuse to let go of, or maybe you're disobedient to God. These things may cause God not to listen to your prayer. Read Psalm 66:18 and 1 Samuel 8:18.

3. Perhaps you don't have faith that God will take care of you. James 1:6 talks about how a man's prayer without faith is like an ocean wave, tossed around by the wind. Another good verse to read is Matthew 21:22.

4. You may also be asking for the wrong reasons. If you're asking for selfish reasons, you won't get it. An example would be a million bucks or a fancy car, or maybe even good looks and fancy clothes. Read James 4:3 and 1 Timothy 2:1-2.

5. You could also be asking for something that's not in God's will. Something that's not in God's will won't happen, and if it's not in God's will, THERE'S A GOOD REASON! Even if we don't see that reason at first, there's a good reason. Read 1 John 5:14.

Have you been reading your Bible? If yes, keep on reading, and praying that God will help you to understand what you're reading. If not, START! There is a LOT in the Bible that actually encouraged me when I was in the same place you are now. There is something in the Bible that will help you.

Also, the Bible tells us that we are going to be hated for Christ's name. If you go around talking about how certain things are sinful and how unsaved people aren't gonna make it to heaven, it's natural to get some backlash since people are going to get offended. Though, if you're doing it hatefully, that's a problem. If you're doing it with love, however, then keep on doing that! Since the Bible tells us that we are going to be hated for Christ's sake, there would be a problem if everyone in your school liked you, unless you went to a strict Christian school.

I'm not usually good with giving advice, so I'm sorry if this doesn't help you much. But, I'll pray for you, and I encourage you to read your Bible and keep on praying and trusting in the Lord! We won't always understand why He does things the way He does or why He sometimes seems to wait so long to do those things, but there is a good reason behind it all, and if you endure until the end, you will reap the rewards and be given a crown of life. :) Hang in there. God loves you.

Edited by Brittany

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Life only makes sense when we see who we are and what the will of the Eternal is for our lives.

From there, we come to understand that all the problems around us and before us are not there by chance. These are opportunities that the Lord is giving us to manifest to all through us. It is good to remember that the darker the night, the brighter the stars. Likewise, the more the world dips into the thick darkness of sin (Isaiah 5:30; 8.22; 60.1-3), the more the light of Christ in us becomes visible to all (Matthew 5:14-16; John 8:12; 9:5).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Do not keep your faith from others. The Bible tells us to tell others about the Gospel. But also do it in a loving manner. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/9/2017 at 10:43 PM, Person17 said:

Hi,

I have never wrote to any forum or done anything like this but I think I will give it a try to see if I can get some answers to the problems in my life. So a bit about me... I am a high school student who doesn't have friends. I excel in math and science however I'm quite dumb when it comes to language arts as you can tell from my grammar. So about my problem. Today is my 17th birthday I sit at home crying because I have no friends. Everyday I eat lunch in the corner of the school. I always spend my weekends and holiday studying because that is the only thing I can do to kill time. I even considered suicide before. I know I seriously need help that's why I'm here. I always wished I had some friends. Everyone seems to be living such a happy life with friends. I have a few acquaintance but we don't hang out. Most of the people(acquaintance) I know trash talk each other and I find it quite offensive as a Christian. I tried to convert them but my words were only returned with words of hate and anger so I don't really associate with them. So in hope of resolving this social disorder I joined the volunteering club. I tried joining the volunteering club but I always end up being the awkward guy who just sits there and watch everything be done from a distance. When I show up to the clubs everyone is already in groups spending time with their friends and enjoying life. It is almost as if I am completely invisible to those people. All of the members of the club happen to be girls and I don't have any experience socializing in general so I get more nervous when I'm around girls. Eventually I stopped showing up to the club meetings because there was no point in going. It was as if nobody even noticed that I stopped coming. Everyone continued to live their lives and raised money for charity with or without me. I have done lots of research but nothing really made a change. I constantly question the purpose of my existence and the meaning of life. Nobody that knows me know I have this problem. Everyone has high expectations for me and thinks that my life is perfect because I have high grades and win a bunch of awards. I can't afford any therapist because I am a student and I'm too afraid to tell my parents. I have begged for the help of God but I have yet received a answer. To be honest these are my true feelings and it is very embarrassing to type this. I hope I can get some advice and tips by sharing my problem with other fellow Christians.

Thanks in advance,
Anonymous 

That is a lonely world without friends.The right kind of friends. God is your friend and He will never leave you so in that regard you have a friend and a very amazing friend. Why do you think that you have no friends? You can not convert an unbeliever only God can change their heart. You can tell them what you believe if they ask but most worldly people and unbelievers are going to be very offended by you trying to convert them.Show them by your actions that you are a Christian. They may even avoid you.You can pray for their hears to be opened to God and that they will ask God into their heart.  Do you have a pretty low self esteem? It sounds like you are putting yourself down a lot.How is your relationship with your parents?

The real meaning to life is accepting Jesus Christ as Savior. He is listening to your prayers. He often does not answer our prayers the way we would like Him to and not in our timing. Sit back and see what Jesus does in your life. Ending your life is not the right road to take and God would not want you to choose that option. Give your heart,life and mind to Jesus Christ. You will not regret it..

Guest Thallasa

Perhaps dear Person ,(male ,female ?) it might be a good idea to take part in a group, in or out of the school, who engage in softer more human things , than maths and science which tend to be 'remote'  . Very important, but less so than  relationships with  people. Perhaps a Catholic Church , as they are more creative in their ways , than evangelicals who deny the culture of their roots .

If you cannot relate to people , you cannot relate to God , so He says ; "How can you love the God  you cannot SEE, if you cannot love those you can (see ) ? So many put the cart before the horse ,and wonder why,  they fail to draw people to God .

If I was not Christian I would say join a Jewish group as they too are very creative and warm . There is no need to cut yourself off from others if you have a good mind _ in fact it is harmful .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

The more you read the bible, the more you talk to Him, the more He will fill you and help you. Make sure there are no sin in your life too. Talk to Him all time. If your church doesnt fulfill then try others if you can. Maybe other christians elsewhere? Maybe a meetup group for christians would be a good idea? Or create one yourself. (Meetup.com) many found friends that way. Just be careful and be safe. Meet publicly and tell where youre going. Or start an initiative in your church? You see there are introverts and extroverts. Its nothing wrong be one or the other. Accept your self first, and how God sees you. Find it in the bible its all over.  Maybe start a christian group or get to know God at your school?  Or just some activites?  The best would be to find people and places, groups, activites where you can be you, and where  interests are yours. Thats how you best and most natural make friends without feeling pressure. It takes time and patience to develop a friendship even when two wants to.  Usually it starts with common interests, and a interest in the other. Something that can be hard the older you get, but in all ages, as life and all to do things are so demanding. Maybe offer to help the pressure, be a friend. That might just do it. Dont wait for others to love you, love them first just like Jesus. And dont expect anything back. But soon the right people will be attracted to you because they will observe from afar. The right kinds of people usually dont make fuzz. But be careful some bad behaving people are gonna be attracted too so know by your standards, set them high. Dont be fooled, know evil and their methods. (You can read about their methods in the bible or. Read up about narcissists)  keep doing something keep join what ever you like or start yourself. Dont let your own thoughts stop you! Ignore them, do anyway, like, I cant talk to xx. Do it anyway. Your confidence will grow, and you will feel better, and start to believe. Ask The Lord to help. If it is meant to be, it is, then He will make it so, if they are meant to be friend. Trust in Him.  Also, remember, youre young, in your age, the need and want to fit in, have friends,is huge! Lots of  people that were in your shoes were a different place some years after. And as adults. So give it time. Remember people mature too. The schools in your age is or have been a nightmare for many. Be the light you  seek, and others, like you, will find you! Because they are there they just dont talk. Like you. They need you to shine the way. Remember, people are always drawn to the light. The love. So be love. Also, dont hang yourself on what you dont have, friends, but think more, what am I interested in? What do I want to do? And, do it.  Many found friends outside school, in hobbies. You could try that. And dont take rejection as a no, it usually never has anything to do with you, why should it? If someone reject you, says everything about them, not you.  Just do what you wanna do, show love, and hang on to The Lord.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Also, you need to start see you how The Lord sees you, as wonderful as you are. He doesnt think theres something wrong with you! The more you read about that and talk to Him, He will help. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

an old saying: A FRIND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED.  

BEFRIEND SOMEONE WHO NEEDS A FRIEND.  IT MIGHT EVEN BE A SHUT IN FROM YOUR CHURCH.  

Luk 10:27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Luk 10:28 And he said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.”

Luk 10:29 But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Luk 10:30 Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead. Luk 10:31 Now by chance a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. Luk 10:32 So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

Luk 10:33 But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. Luk 10:34 He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. Luk 10:35 And the next day he took out two denarii[fn] and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.’

Luk 10:36 Which of these three, do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?”

Luk 10:37 He said, “The one who showed him mercy.” And Jesus said to him, “You go, and do likewise.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Person

Welcome to Worthy,obviously God knows your heart,he sees your tears & hears your cry.....He has answered & you don't realize it,H has lad you here  to your Brothers & Sisters,His FAMILY that you are VERY much a part of,the Body of Christ!!!!

You are in the Q & A Section,this is an "answer only " Forum,I believe it would be beneficial for you to begin engaging with us to discuss how to get better social skills and fellowship,maybe this is your prepration before your journey begins out there in the "physical" world......as our Lord does always work on us from the inside out I think to work this all out here,spiritually first,is FANTASTIC ...without physical distraction,Praise Jesus! Thats just how our wonderful God does things

Kids your age,well everyone really...do need to get out ,be around others,interact and socialize......your generation I believe is missing out on a lot because you have always had a keyboard & a screen to spend too much time with instead of kids,a school yard & playmates......but thats okay,God Works all things for the good of those that love Him,according to the Purpose of their Call............I'm sure our Lord has great things in store f or you ,trust Him,He is with you son

I sent you some posting info,get your required minimum & start engaging in discussion with us,we love you,Jesus Loves you & your future is bright!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik