• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Seemore said:

I felt naked at the time because I had just exposed what I did not like about my self to a bunch of people I don't know. I am an introvert and have a hard time sharing my feelings until I know you. Thank you for seeing the change I to noticed that and still do as there where many changes in me that day that I still cant answer. Also I was not trying to change Gods nature I was trying suicide by God. God says chose life not death and I knew that but my frame of mind at that time was out of control and after I said those words felt hollow that's why I felt like the Holy Spirit had left me. I used to talk to the Lord at any time and felt like the Holy Spirit was talking back. Now I still talk to the Lord all the time but I don't seem to hear the Holy Spirit any more maybe he is just quieter now I don't know and it has scared me. what I did not put in my post and I should have was at that same time I told the Lord that I was not going to ever stop believing in him or his mercy.

Yes, I understood why you felt naked--I was merely building on that to try to coax you back towards God's truth. Often when we do something that we see as out of God's will, we shift our own perceptions of ourselves. Thus, when I stated that you can't change God's nature, I didn't mean that you were TRYING to change God--only that God's nature does not change. 

It's that understanding of God's unchanging ways that can give us peace when we think we have failed Him. I have had those momemts myself. I too had a similar experience. I went to seminary--hoping to become a hospice chaplain. However, when I went to an interview for Clinical Pastoral Education (something you have to participate in prior to being hired as a chaplain), I submitted to the two people interviewing me. The problem with that tilt of my heart is that in that moment I felt as if I had denied Christ because they were not submitted to Him.

I walked away from that career path following that incident, but it really destroyed my heart. For a time, it ruined my relationship with Jesus. That's what happens when you are really close to God and then you turn to the world. Peter had such a moment, and Jesus restored him. Still, we all read about Peter's experience today. 

One thing that has helped restore my walk with Jesus has been my willingness to sever all engagements with social media. There is so much happening there--slight compromises made by others, and the daily onslaught pushed me slightly off course. I prefer to be joined to Jesus in mind and Spirit. You can do the same--simply pursue Him again. Also, trust that He is who He says He is. He loves you and never throws away any who come to Him.

Shalom,

Lolly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Dear Seemore - thank you for sharing your experience even though it may expose you -  it shows that your heart is open to the gospel which you are proclaiming to believe even though its not resonating with you the way it had previous to this period of despair. I hope that you will remember that you are not alone even though the enemy - the world, Satan and our negative thoughts are trying to back you in the corner with these lies - remember greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. You never did anything to deserve salvation - Jesus died on the cross when you were still his enemy so you CAN NOT do anything to lose it - Jesus' grace is sufficient for you. I'm not telling you anything  new that you don't already know but I am reminding you as you are bombarded by feelings that are trying to rob you of the truth that you know. Take heart in knowing that Elijah came to that point where he also wanted to die because he thought he was alone and God wasn't moving the way that he wanted. He had faith to believe that God would send down fire, but he needed to learn that God's ways are perfect...God is not going to follow a formula because that takes away the relationship of knowing God, but God is encouraging you to get into a more intimate place with him - where he will fully cover you. I personally don't understand what in the movies was upsetting you to the point that you felt such despair, but I think as you look for the root of that sin whether it was pride or self righteousness - confess it to the Lord to understand what the root of it is. Were you just frustrated that your wife doesn't understand the gospel the way that you do? (I'm not try to be controversial, I just don't understand) This tribulation is troubling and I don't want to make light of it but as an outsider I see that God is crafting something beautiful -just do what your doing...confess, repent and proclaim the goodness of God because he is worthy to be praised. Don't do anything to win favor with man, but just be as real and authentic in your walk and know that you are not alone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

People that work for their salvation will never find an earned value in that which God is going to burn up... when we cease the value system we were born in and take on the mantle of God's value system we are forever changed in our thoughts and identity! We build on the foundation of Jesus The Christ and it is a s/Spiritual build- we obey God in the purpose of love not so we can remain saved! Those who think that works keep you saved are here

Matthew 7:22 (KJV)

[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This truth is made evident in the fact that if your reliance is upon the manipulation of temporal things you've missed the boat. Peter asked the pin pointed question here

2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)

[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

The born again Christian Jesus refered to in John 3 ceases from corrupt thinking and renews the mind to that of the father of our faith 'Abraham'

Hebrews 11:8 (KJV)

[8] By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

[9] By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

[10] For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, Seemore said:

Hi Marilyn.

Thank you for the prayers they are needed.
Repentance is a big part of my life and the Lord is good about telling me when I have done something wrong and should repent. The other things that started the anger are family. Our son and his wife had told us that if we could not stop talking about the BIBLE then they would have to tell the grand kid's that they could no longer see us. then they would stand there and listen to us to make sure that we did what we were told. Our son even told me one day he wished all christains would just keep our mouth's shut. This all happend a month after we moved to be near them. We had not seen them in almost 10 years and this was a big blow to us as he was raised to believe in Christ. When we moved we had to take a small apartment and that meant that my entire work shop had to go into his garage. He loved that because he had hardly any tools and I still have tools packed as they would not all fit so he was loving it but as time want on he started telling me what I could and could not do in the shop. All we could say is who is the parent here well it had reached a point that we decided to move out of town as soon as my wife got her degree and found a good job. Well that was 2 years ago and we are still here and the family problems are still there and no job. I am on disability and cant work so we cant seem to find away to escape before the family is divided and we don't want that.

Hi Seemore,

Thank you for sharing more of your difficulties. Now that is all the down side, however have you ever looked at the `other side.` Let me help you.

1. Constant talking about the Bible. this we should NOT do to those who do not understand. What we do is SHOW them by our attitude, God`s love.

2. Workshop. What a great opportunity to SHOW that love of Christ by sharing your tools, as your son is sharing his garage. What does it matter your son telling you what you could & could not do. We all need to HUMBLE ourselves. What a great opportunity to work along side your son, your son. Yes, humble yourself & see the young man that he has grown into. Give him the opportunity to show you what you have inputted into his life. He is an adult, so give him respect as such, & rejoice in the fact that he wants to have you alongside in the garage, & that there is an opportunity as adults to learn to relate. 

3. Family Problems. I don`t really see any, just great opportunities to SHOW Christ`s love, (not bible bash), learn to respect your son as an adult. The only problem I see, is YOU, dear bro, for you want it your way now. God is working in your family, you just have to get with the `program,` God`s way & not your way.

So glad to read that you don`t want a divided family. Well, man up & humble yourself under God`s mighty hand & rejoice, for the work, God`s work is unfolding. Just stop being a blockage.

I do speak plainly because I know we all have to do what I am showing - all of us, not just you dear bro, & my heart is for your family to come together under God. And I know that that can only happen His way, with His heart, His attitude, not our way.

All the best as you step out on His path....Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 2017-03-08 at 2:50 AM, Seemore said:

Repentance is a big part of my life and the Lord is good about telling me when I have done something wrong and should repent.

If that is the case then you have God living in your heart.  If you perceive the the Lord telling you when you've done something wrong and should repent, then the Holy Spirit of God is near to you and working to mold you more and more into the child of God you were always meant to be.

There already have been some insightful comments.

The only thing I could stress is the continuous daily cleansing of our pride, judgement and resentments and to practice daily forgiveness of ourselves as well as others. When we feel guilty, sometimes its because we are judging others, ourselves to harshly and then feel guilty (hate ourselves)  for doing so. And important part of not keeping judgement, resentments is to look at any given circumstance with an objective eye view and to not (play God) by internally resenting any of what you observe, but to just watch it from a detached point of view and give all your concerns to God to deal with. So by becoming the viewer and not the viewe, meaning you are looking at the circumstance from an observing, objective point of view and not an internal personal (playing God) point of view.

Resent not the devil and he will flee,

if you resent the devil, internalize him in you, and you have fallen into his game. Resent not devil, don't internalize, anger, judgement,resentment, resist him by not giving into his lure and he will flee.

Judgement is mine says the Lord.

Give all your cares to Him and let Him, take care of the given situation and guide your path, as He seems already quite willing to do for you.

Whoever calls upon the Name of the Lord will be saved.

God is our Good Shepherd John 10:10

He will never leave You nor forsake you.

God never block us out, it us who by the wrong choices we make, block Him out.

The unpardonable sin is when we have no more conscience to recognize Him as who He said He is and could so easily curse him in our last breath as the conscience has become so seared by sin, that this kind, no longer recognizes or sees or cares  for who God really is.This is the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit of God=completely rejecting God.

From what you say, I think you care very much for Him and also He cares very much for you.

Step by step, day by day we grow and keep growing in the Lord, like Job we just got to persevere in good faith=faithfulness towards Him and His Word and like Paul says not that we comprehend all yet, and also we not look back but we keep looking ahead and finish the race towards His higher calling.

Achieve Balance in an Unbalanced World

Song for you:

Day by Day

Day by day
Day by day
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by day

Day by day