IGNORED

Do you believe people can become too cocky in God?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever gotten to a point where you question: "Am I believing in God too much? As if I know it all and can predict his workings. Should anyone become this cocky in God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, nosolostsoul said:

Have you ever gotten to a point where you question: "Am I believing in God too much? As if I know it all and can predict his workings. Should anyone become this cocky in God?

Welcome to Worthy :)

You can't believe in God too much, you either do believe Him and put all your trust in Him or you don't believe and trust Him  ,there's not such a thing as believing too much in Him ,it's important to put all your trust in Him because He cares for you :)

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Ps.55:22

But there are people who are spiritual proud and that's a sin ,they,re  always are very strong opinionated want to be right and believe they know it all,they attack people to be right..

The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished. Proverbs 16:5

But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble."e are people who are spiritual proud and look for to be right at all times and that is wrong,God gives grace to the humble..James 4:6

All word and no spirit, we dry up; all Spirit and no Word, we blow up; both Word and Spirit, we grow up!

So,not such a thing as believing in God too much, just stay close to Him and His Words and rest in Him ! 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/10/2017 at 4:18 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Welcome to Worthy.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings notsolostsoul

"Am I believing in God too much? As if I know it all and can predict his workings.

I think I understand what you are trying to say,let me know if I'm not on the same page,okay? Maybe its just the wording that sounds a bit funny but if you are saying that you are expecting too much from God because of your own ideas of what you believe His Workings SHOULD be....then "yeah,absolutely".....THat would just be believing too much on Gods Performance,to meet your own requirements,,,,is it cocky,arrogant? I don't know,I don't think so,I think just misinformed and simply misguided    

I don't know anything about you,I don't know what you have been told or taught but my guess is that you have been taught to learn ABOUT God,about Jesus...perhaps through others interpretations or just sheer reason.logic,intellect &/or academics.....instead of being lead to the foot of the cross ,pointed towards Jesus Himself.......I can tell you that we can very easily put God in a box,limit Him by our own expectations,our will,our desires,our "knowledge".......all it really takes is a sincere ,earnest ,willing &  open heart to want to KNOW HIM.......and then HE WILL Reveal Himself to you     Gods Will is to bring you BACK into Relationship with HIMSELF through Jesus Christ,Lord & Savior.......

Have you ever read the Book of John? Has anyone ever told you to read the Written Words from the Book of John as though it is a LOVE letter that was written just for YOU personally?We can never start a relationship with anyone unless we communicate with them right? We must listen to what they say ,between them &^ ourselves only....you can't get to know a person by reading their biography,you will only learn somethings ABOUT them.....you see? The Bible is the Living Word,not just some book.....Seek God with all your heart my friend & He Will be found.......Can you believe in God "too much"? NO,even the demons "believe" but they do not have FAITH,Faith is activated by hearing the WORD of God .........Faith in the knowledge that Jesus is WHO HE says He IS,God the SON that is our PERSONAL LORD & SAVIOR,through Him we have Redemption & are Saved by the Grace of God                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

On 2/10/2017 at 5:18 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Arrogance is a trait that is ungodly and we should never reach that point where we believe we can predict His next move or have all the answers.  However, that does not mean that God will never let you know what is going to happen if a person does x instead of y. 

God seeks humbleness in us all, like little children.  In doing so, we quickly realize that His ways are far above our ways and that He is so vast that we can never know His next move unless He tells us.