• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Did you accept Jesus in your heart as your personal Savior? 

Jesus and Nicodemus
…6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”… John 3:7

When you are truly sorry for your sins and go to the cross and asked Jesus to come and live inside of you and ask Him to forgive your sins ,you will be saved ! 

Walking in the Light
…6If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.…

This is a promise ,the minute we give our life to Jesus ,the Holy Spirit will teach us all things and Jesus is able to keep us until the end,if you are truly saved,you hate sin and will ask God to forgive you when you sin and He remember your sins nore more.

The Promise of the Holy Spirit
…12I still have much to tell you, but you cannot yet bear to hear it. 13However, when the Spirit of truthcomes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears,and He will declare to you what is to come. 14He will glorify Me by taking from what is Mine and disclosing it to you.…John 16:13

I did accept Jesus in my heart.  I have drifted away and come back to renew at times.  I never could see just how alone I was and walking darkness and allowing that to spread to others.  Don't know how I could have been so blind to it and again cant understand how I was not able to see. Thank you for your post, going to review them again and ask for direction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, Jayneseek2 said:

I did accept Jesus in my heart.  I have drifted away and come back to renew at times.  I never could see just how alone I was and walking darkness and allowing that to spread to others.  Don't know how I could have been so blind to it and again cant understand how I was not able to see. Thank you for your post, going to review them again and ask for direction.

Hi Jayne,

Jesus is still there, if you were truly saved I don't believe that you can lose your salvation  and get saved again, otherwise Jesus would have to die on the cross again and again,He died only ones for our sins,we can drift away but if we're truly his children, He will call us back to repentance and focus our focus on where it should be,He's waiting all the time to hear from us..

He replied, "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!" John 9:25

To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy-- Jude 1:24

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Problem with that, is that most people are not born believing in Jesus Christ as their savior. That being the case, then if unbeleif is unforgivable, then no one would be saved.

The context of that passage suggests, that there is only one sin that will never be forgiven, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. If you follow the storyline in that passage, it appears that those critics of Jesus, were saying that Jesus was in league with Satan, and that is was by Satan's power, that He was casting out demons. This is equivalent to saying that the Holy Spirit, is in fact, a demonic spirit, hence blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.                            Omegaman

Well said Brother

Blessings Jayne

Welcome to Worthy,it's so important to understand the passages "in Context",I am repeating what Omega has said because this is where so many hearers of Gods Word can get distracted.....it is so important to know who is being addressed & why,Blasphemy is (by definition dictionary.com)

:

profanity, sacrilege, irreligion, irreverence, taking the Lord's name in vain, swearing, curse, cursing, impiety, desecration  

King James Bible
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Matthew 12:32

Unbelief is not a sin against the Holy Spirit because the Spirit has not even convicted the heart of the unbeliever(yet).....that would be equivalent to speaking AGAINST the Son of man(Jesus)...Jesus Forgives this ,HE just said so!!!!!                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

:  

5 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Problem with that, is that most people are not born believing in Jesus Christ as their savior. That being the case, then if unbeleif is unforgivable, then no one would be saved.

The context of that passage suggests, that there is only one sin that will never be forgiven, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. If you follow the storyline in that passage, it appears that those critics of Jesus, were saying that Jesus was in league with Satan, and that is was by Satan's power, that He was casting out demons. This is equivalent to saying that the Holy Spirit, is in fact, a demonic spirit, hence blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Agree Omega,

Nobody is born a believer, the unbelievers don't know they commit this sin ,  when a person comes to Jesus , their  sins will be forgiven he is a new creation and all things have become new.

Christians can't commit this sin and unbelievers do it unknowingly ,is this how you see it too?

You commit this sin when a person consciously reject Jesus  ,the unbeliever doesn't know what he's rejecting.

And Yes, Jesus forgives this sin when a person accept 
Him as their Savior..

John 1:12

But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God — 13children born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but born of God.…

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Christians can't commit this sin and unbelievers do it unknowingly ,is this how you see it too?

Well, yeah, a Christian and a believer, are synonymous, to that part is certainly true. Some would say, that they can suspend belief, and fall out of grace, I do not believe that reflects the Bible's teaching though. The aspect of unbelievers doing it unknowingly, is a little trickier I think. When I was an unbeliever, I of course was aware of my unbelief, and I knew that Christians believed that is a sin. Certainly no one in a rational frame of mind, will believe that they are lost and eternally separated from God in their unbelief, and then not want to believe. However, we (humans) do not have fully rational minds, they are damaged. I do not think people can really choose to believe something. 

For example, as an experiment, for the next ten minutes, believe that 45 fingers on each of your hands. You can choose to say that you have 45 fingers on each hand, but you lack the power to just choose to believe. Not everything that you can do, is subject to your free will. Faith, is one of those things, it is possible for you to have faith, but it is not possible to just choose to have it, even if you want it desperately.

This is the dilemma that the unbeliever has, faith is not a choice, if comes through grace as a gift from God. This is why one must be born again, or born from above, it is what God does in us, it is not of ourselves. 

So sure, we could say that an unbeliever is unaware of the critical significance of his unbelief, but God can draw that person to Himself through the Spirit, and reveal Himself to a person, in a way where the person has a change of heart and mind, and becomes believing, that is when that person has faith, and is transformed from a lost soul, to one who shall inherit eternal life.

That, is how I see it!

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, yeah, a Christian and a believer, are synonymous, to that part is certainly true. Some would say, that they can suspend belief, and fall out of grace, I do not believe that reflects the Bible's teaching though. The aspect of unbelievers doing it unknowingly, is a little trickier I think. When I was an unbeliever, I of course was aware of my unbelief, and I knew that Christians believed that is a sin. Certainly no one in a rational frame of mind, will believe that they are lost and eternally separated from God in their unbelief, and then not want to believe. However, we (humans) do not have fully rational minds, they are damaged. I do not think people can really choose to believe something. 

For example, as an experiment, for the next ten minutes, believe that 45 fingers on each of your hands. You can choose to say that you have 45 fingers on each hand, but you lack the power to just choose to believe. Not everything that you can do, is subject to your free will. Faith, is one of those things, it is possible for you to have faith, but it is not possible to just choose to have it, even if you want it desperately.

This is the dilemma that the unbeliever has, faith is not a choice, if comes through grace as a gift from God. This is why one must be born again, or born from above, it is what God does in us, it is not of ourselves. 

So sure, we could say that an unbeliever is unaware of the critical significance of his unbelief, but God can draw that person to Himself through the Spirit, and reveal Himself to a person, in a way where the person has a change of heart and mind, and becomes believing, that is when that person has faith, and is transformed from a lost soul, to one who shall inherit eternal life.

That, is how I see it!

That,s how I sort of see it too,when I was an unbeliever ,I didn't,t realize I was lost or committed that sin, as I didn,t even know that sin existed ,only after getting saved ,the Holy Spirit showed me all of those things ..and more everyday   

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I think the ultimate sin is to have gotten to know Christ but then choose to not believe in him anymore and shut yourself from hearing, feeling or thinking of him anymore. Meaning you will never return, never repent and truly just remove him from your spirit. Meaning you know him, know his ways and purposely just refuse him.

If you return, he will forgive. Of course knowing him and knowing to come back means to repent, see his ways and not try and work for your own. We all may have struggled with this time and time again. I still do. I will admit I have tried shutting him out, but he won't let me go. He has proven this over and over to me.

As for unbelievers, many might just not know him and without knowing him you can not commit this sin against him. I even believe Atheist know him or have encountered him but somewhere got hurt, were incorrectly taught, or were disappointed from not truly having a strong bond or understanding of him. They still have not committed this sin because they do not know him. This may cause them to commit others sins, but we all commit sin. He will get to them when he needs to. 

Janyeseek2, if you still are seeking him, he communicates to you through the Holy Spirit. So accept that you have passed this lesson, you can improve your grade (we all can), but you have many more chapters, lessons and blessings awaiting you as you build your relationship with him. 

He is there, that's why you are here. Forgive yourself, he has already forgiven you. Let that fear go. Now he is just waiting on you to strengthen your relationship with him.

Only ones he cannot forgive are those who choose to not be forgiven.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings notsolostsoul

I think you are on the right track......unbelief is not the unpardonable sin,our FAITH is the Understanding and WISDOM that comes by Hearing the Word of God

King James Bible
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.       Hebrews 11:1

Even the demons "believe",agnostics believe "something" & they are not quite sure what/who they "believe"......muslims "believe" etc.... Faith that Jesus is WHO He Says He is(God,God the Son,Messiah,Lord & Savior)and that HIS Finished Work on the cross grants our Redemption/Salvation by the Grace of God Almighty(Reconciliation)......

What "grieves" Holy Spirit? Does unbelief GRIEVE Holy Spirit? Having been Indwelled by Holy Spirit,having been forgiven & reconciled and the hardening of the heart AGAINST God the Spirit and refusing HIM ,turning away with an unrepentant heart & mind is what grieves Father,Son & Holy Spirit.....it is unpardonable

Many disagree,this has always been a controversial subject......I see it this way,most anyone who has fear of the Lord and is questioning their Salvation ,worried they are not Saved does not have a hardened heart...,,.the reprobate hardened heart does not have remorse,regret or a willingness to repent......it is a deliberate choice....hard to imagine but it must be so,there are enough warnings to the Believer to guard his heart,to remain vigilant,to continue to make right & prayerful choices,not partake with unGodliness etc...... 

Only ones he cannot forgive are those who choose to not be forgiven.

Absolutely,the sum of it all                                          Glory to God                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik