• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/10/2017 at 9:35 AM, Jayneseek2 said:

Hoping some will be able to share their thoughts, convictions on this passage.  The unpardonable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  After studying have found conflicting thoughts and information.  Some of the latest readings have suggested that it is being in the state of unbelief, not asking for forgiveness or being repentant. 

Matthew 12:31-32King James Version (KJV)

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

will add that I have been very lost and trying to make it back to Christ.  Even with contemplation, am having difficulty even understanding myself how far down I had have gone, and not being aware of it.  am trying to make it back and at the least do my best to not harm anyone else along my path.

First, im praying for your peace. So many people get hung on "am i even redeemable?" My brother was very legalistic as a young christian. When i was about 13 i used the Lords name on vain. My brother read this scripture to me (mostly to warn me to have respect for him and God). I got right in his face and screamed G.D. 5 times at the top of my lungs. "There,Now Andy, i cant be forgiven any more. We dont have to worry if im gonna go to hell or not, SO leave me the heck alone".

I was just a kid, but isn't it just the honest truth? All of us have sinned. Not one of us has righteousness before God. We can't be found by fullfilling righteousness before God. We can't be lost because of sin and the law. But honestly how much peace I felt in knowing it was settled, no striving, no failing, no more disippointed looks delusions of grandeur. My eternity settled now I can go on with my life with out worry.

Of course the Lord took this basic childlike human need  to have peace and be done with all the striving for his acceptance. Through my rebellion showed me the profection of redeption. "It is finished".

Your not lost dear friend, your just struggling with Gods judgment. No not one all their righteousness is filthy rags. We find our lord at that cross. Its our judgment an ugly picture of the evil in men. We humble ourselves and accept Jesus had to fulfill righteousness for us. It is finished. Have peace with God. No more searching scriptures to see if you have eternal life. Go to the Lord he gives us life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Reinitin

I can relate to that,I remember looking to the heavens & shouting as loud as I can,blasphemy to Almighty God......uhhhh,such pride,irreverence and arrogance....for so many years I was tormented by the spirits of fear,,worry,shame & guilt.....& as you said"Searching the Scriptures" to find Eternal Life "Am I Saved?"."Can I be forgiven"....

I join you in prayer for Jaynes PEACE,in Jesus Name......

Philippians 4:7King James Version (KJV)

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The BLESSED ASSURANCE ......yes,He gives us LIFE MORE ABUNDANT & ETERNAL.....Praise the LORD                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

In short, Jayneseek, I do not believe you have committed the unforgiveable sin, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. If you had, you would not even be worried about it. If you read the Gospels closely and watch what the Pharisees and Saducees do and say, some of them actually DO commit the unpardonable sin....they are lost forever. Hebrews 6:1-6 speaks of the impossibility of those who have been in the faith and fallen away. Verse 4 speaks of 5 conditions of belief (or 5 parts of belief, if you will): a) having been enlightened; b)having tasted of the heavenly gift; c) were made partakers of the Holy Spirit;  d) have tasted the good Word of God; e) and have tasted of the powers of the world to come.

So the impossibility of getting back into the faith is predicated on failing all 5 parts of the faith.

Let's explore these 5 parts. First, having been enlightened. This could represent when you first became aware and accepted Christ as your Savior. Second, having tasted of the heavenly gift. That gift is the peace that Jesus said He would give us. Peace here means that sense of security concerning your eternal destination. If you accepted Jesus but did not have peace, then you haven't yet tasted of the heavenly gift. Third is being made partakers of the Holy Spirit. When  you are saved, you receive the Holy Spirit; many charismatic believers think there is a second blessing of empowerment called the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as listed in Acts2 and other places. Most believers agree that the Holy Spirit is to guide us into all truth and to empower us. If you get saved, but do not experience the sense of guidance and empowerment from the Holy Spirit, then you have not fully partaken of the Holy Spirit. Fourth, is the tasting of the good Word of God. This is where many seasoned Christians fail....they never truly taste the Word of God. What do I mean? I personally have dedicated my life to reading through the Scripture once for every year of my life. I am currently 64. The Word of God is alive, quick and powerful and it is the ONLY book that declares AND PROVES itself to be the Word of God. Failing to read and study it consistently is failing to have tasted the Word of God. Part 5 is the part where many believers have not entered into. Tasting the powers of the world to come, for me at least, means miracles. Jesus said in John14:12, that we would do the same works He did and even greater ones. I have experienced physical healing; I have seen physical and spiritual healing; I have watched God do things that I never knew He would do....all of them miraculous.  According to  Hebrews 6, I believe that unless you meet all 5 conditions of faith, you can still "get back".

Let's just consider that if you HAVE met all 5 conditions, you have experienced a LOT of Christianity. IF you have done ALL THAT and turn your back on Christ, you have essentially renounced your faith (and may very well have blasphemed the Holy Spirit along the way).

I feel pretty confident that you have "backslidden", like most of us have at one time or another. The only difference is the length and depth of the backslidden period. But I have good news: God still loves you and your trials at no time invalidated Christ's work on the cross for you. Now that the Holy Spirit is wooing you back to being connected with Jesus, your biggest challenge will be to accept Jesus' love and pursuit of you. As you "warm up" to Him, He will provide you all 5 of the areas of blessing and your heart will begin to sing His praises. As your heart heals from all the years of loneliness and shame, your testimony will be rich with victory and confidence in Jesus.

Let us know how you are proceeding.

Blessings

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 2/10/2017 at 10:52 AM, angels4u said:

Hi Jayne,

The only sin which can never be forgiven is unbelieve, if we don't believe what Jesus did for us and that He died for you and me , we make Him a liar  and,as a Christian you cannot commit this sin.

Jayne,are you a born again Christian?

Isn't everyone who is not a Christian an unbeliever first? If unbelief is the unforgivable sin how are unbelievers to be saved from their sins?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 3/16/2017 at 3:28 PM, Radiant_Owl said:

Isn't everyone who is not a Christian an unbeliever first? If unbelief is the unforgivable sin how are unbelievers to be saved from their sins?

Hi Owl :)

The Bible has much to say to us and if you read it, you will find the answer ~~are you a believer in Jesus Christ?

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

As long as you're not dead it's not too late to come to Jesus Christ, He will and can forgive you for sins and unbelieve at any time, for now is the time of Salvation as long as you're not dead your sin of unbelieve can be forgiven. 

2For He says: “In the time of favorI heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.”Behold, now is the time of favor; now is the day of salvation! Cor. 6:2

39 and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses. Act 13:39

Titus 2:14 

14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

1 John 1:9 

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we believe we are forgiven from  all sins, but non-believers will have the consequences that has eternal consequences.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I was once told that if I had even crossed that line, I really wouldn't care and never think about it.  If one questions if they have committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, then it is obvious they have not.

• 1 month later...

The reason why its unforgivable is because your soul needs the holy spirit to grow and become born again.  " it is only unforgivable as long as they do not believe".  That is true but only as long as the soul exists.  Jesus taught the soul is like a seed as it is the seed of the creator, much like a zygote in the womb, it is a potential baby of its parent/creator.  If it does not receive the blood of its parent via the umbilical cord it will die, dissolve and 100% cease to exist.  The holy spirit is the umbilical cord of god which delivers the physical substance of the creator to your soul.  That's what it needs to start growing.  What did Jesus say in the passover/last supper about the wine?  It is my blood.   That's what the soul needs to grow up and by growing up you are saved, but from what?  Your soul dying via dissolving into nothingness.  Once your soul is gone you have no memories or beliefs to even repent anything and that is why it is unforgivable.  When you're gone that's it.  You're done, for all eternity.  Fortunately, the soul has a very long lifespan so you have tens of thousands of years to figure out how. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, StTroy said:

Fortunately, the soul has a very long lifespan....
so you have tens of thousands of years to figure out how....

:sherlock:

But One Life To Live

And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27 (American King James Version)

With But One Life Given To Choose

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. John 3:35-36 (English Standard Version)

Before The LORD's Eternity Closes Down Upon The Soul

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him.

He who believes in him is not judged. He who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his works would be exposed.

But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God." John 3:16-21 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/10/2017 at 9:35 AM, Jayneseek2 said:

Hoping some will be able to share their thoughts, convictions on this passage.  The unpardonable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  After studying have found conflicting thoughts and information.  Some of the latest readings have suggested that it is being in the state of unbelief, not asking for forgiveness or being repentant. 

Matthew 12:31-32King James Version (KJV)

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

will add that I have been very lost and trying to make it back to Christ.  Even with contemplation, am having difficulty even understanding myself how far down I had have gone, and not being aware of it.  am trying to make it back and at the least do my best to not harm anyone else along my path.

-

Do you have any children?

If yes then you know, and if you dont you probably will, ......that at times when they are 4, 14, 24, 44, ...they will really pretty much hate you at times.

"thats life".

See, in real life and regarding people, (and not on Christian forums where everyone is perfect), you'll find that things go wrong, they turn upside down, and sometimes they never do get exactly right again, and you just have to carry on from there with prayer.... And so it is with relationships with your children.

Here is the thing......  your children are your blood, they are a part of you by birth, and you will love them and they will always be a part of you no matter how they behave, as that is what it means to be a PARENT of a child you have born into this world.  

There is no undoing it because they are terrible...... as you cant stop being their parent based on their behavior, as THEIR BIRTH has created an eternal situation for you....= PARENT.

And so, with God, its exactly the same. 

See, God is more then "Creator" of the born again......He is DADDY.....He is ABBA....He is FATHER......He is PARENT of all He has BEGOTTEN, and just like an earthly parent is connected eternally to their child by birth and blood, so the Father is connected to all He has Begotten by the Blood of Jesus =  into His FAMILY.

So, never again worry about being lost or unsaved or eternally parted from God, as you cant achieve this, as you didnt create the born again situation for yourself that connects you to God your Father... = HE DID.

Now, you can be a horrible child of God or you can be a fair one or you can be a remarkable one, but you ARE ONE, no matter how you behave, as that is what BIRTH does.

"New Birth"<><> "Born Again",  is a done deal and it does not take into account what "type" person you are on any given day, month, year, or decade of your life.

Edited by Behold

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

There seems to be more than a modicum of confusion concerning "the unforgiveable sin". I will add my 2 cents in just to see if I can bring clarity or confusion. From my study and understanding of the Scriptures, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is either assigning credit to God's Holy Spirit for the works of Satan, or assigning to Satan, credit for the works of the Holy Spirit. In short, the Holy Spirit's role in our lives has been very clearly defined. He is to guide us into all truth and He is to be a Comforter, one who comes along side. For us to assign the Holy Spirit the role of sending people to hell, is not correct. Nor is it blasphemy. For us to say, for instance, that the Holy Spirit influences some people to choose heaven and some people to choose hell, THAT is not only incorrect but blasphemous because now we are accusing God's Holy Spirit of wrong doing and incorrect motives. To believe that way is to commit the unpardonable sin. Even repenting for that sin will receive no grace and mercy from the Father.

As to the sin of unbelief, that is kind of a sticky wicket. IF someone begins to believe, it is forgiven. IF someone remains in a state of unbelief, there is no forgiveness because there is no belief. Still, I personally do not classify that as the unforgivable sin.

In Matthew 5, there is a different point raised. If you cannot forgive your brother, whom you can see, the Heavenly Father, whom you cannot see, cannot forgive you. This IS a big deal breaker with many Christians. If we do not forgive others, God cannot forgive us...period, no quid pro quos, no exceptions.

That may come as a supreme shock to many but I believe it to be true. For there are many Christians who have suffered great horrors (rape, abuse, torture, etc.), that "cannot" forgive their tormentors. To this I say, lovingly, you must forgive or God cannot forgive you. For us to not forgive means that we have decided that God is NOT Sovereignly capable of punishing our tormentors and that they do not deserve God's mercy or grace or even the opportunity to be saved...which then makes us higher than Yahweh...and we are NOT higher than Yahweh...ever...on our best day. When we choose to forgive, we are choosing to let God assign the appropriate punishment for the sins committed against us. We are also choosing to acknowledge that there are things that we do not want to handle. The FACT is that we were wronged, hurt,  wounded and damaged. The truth is that God is our Healer, Our deliverer, Our judge and our Redeemer. The truth is we need redemption more than our tormentor....but they need redemption too. If we do not forgive them, we are telling God He is wrong for sending Jesus to die for them. Because if Jesus did not die for them too, then He died for none of us.

Don't judge me to hard here. The victory is that if we choose to forgive even when we do not feel like it, God will heal our hearts until, over time, we can actually bless our tormentor and release them into the hands of God the Father for disposition. That is good news because if I do not forgive, I have not released them and remain responsible for them...yuck. I don't even want to think about that. Let me forgive them and get them off my plate and on to God's. After all, He can deal with them.

Blessings.