• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 2/10/2017 at 7:52 AM, angels4u said:

The only sin which can never be forgiven is unbelieve, if we don't believe what Jesus did for us and that He died for you and me , we make Him a liar  and,as a Christian you cannot commit this sin.

Interesting thought, but I don't think that quite accurate for a number of reasons. Just from a logical;.philosophical framework, it is awkward. If one is an unbeliever, then no sin is forgiven, unbelief is not the only sin problem, wanting someones bite of candy, that is not yours to have, puts you in jeopardy as much as other sins do. 

Unbelief, is not what Jesus said, was the unforgivable sin, so probably we should not go over His head and say that it is. I was once an unbeliever, now I am forgiven, so obviously, unbelief IS forgivable. There is no reason to preach to unbelievers, if unbelief is not forgivable.

Those who are forgiven, at those to whom grace has been given, to whom repentance was granted, those you God regenerated (the new birth) so that they had a new nature and could then respond with faith.

New birth = new nature = grace through faith = forgiveness of sin = eternal life.

As I am sure has already been pointed out in this thread, the context of the passage on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, shows Jesus responding to those who said that Jesus cast out demons by the power of Satan, essentially calling the Holy Spirit and unholy, demonic spirit. That is the context, and calling God, the Holy Spirit as an evil spirit, is certainly blasphemous.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Interesting thought, but I don't think that quite accurate for a number of reasons. Just from a logical;.philosophical framework, it is awkward. If one is an unbeliever, then no sin is forgiven, unbelief is not the only sin problem, wanting someones bite of candy, that is not yours to have, puts you in jeopardy as much as other sins do. 

Unbelief, is not what Jesus said, was the unforgivable sin, so probably we should not go over His head and say that it is. I was once an unbeliever, now I am forgiven, so obviously, unbelief IS forgivable. There is no reason to preach to unbelievers, if unbelief is not forgivable.

Those who are forgiven, at those to whom grace has been given, to whom repentance was granted, those you God regenerated (the new birth) so that they had a new nature and could then respond with faith.

New birth = new nature = grace through faith = forgiveness of sin = eternal life.

As I am sure has already been pointed out in this thread, the context of the passage on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, shows Jesus responding to those who said that Jesus cast out demons by the power of Satan, essentially calling the Holy Spirit and unholy, demonic spirit. That is the context, and calling God, the Holy Spirit as an evil spirit, is certainly blasphemous.

Mega you said:

s I am sure has already been pointed out in this thread, the context of the passage on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, shows Jesus responding to those who said that Jesus cast out demons by the power of Satan, essentially calling the Holy Spirit and unholy, demonic spirit. That is the context, and calling God, the Holy Spirit as an evil spirit, is certainly blasphemous.

Who do you think will commit such a sin ? ( Unbeliever)

Would a believer commit this sin by glorifying the devil for casting out demons and other demonic activity?

The unbeliever can of course be forgiven if he/she becomes a believer...