Jayneseek2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hoping some will be able to share their thoughts, convictions on this passage.  The unpardonable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  After studying have found conflicting thoughts and information.  Some of the latest readings have suggested that it is being in the state of unbelief, not asking for forgiveness or being repentant. 

Matthew 12:31-32King James Version (KJV)

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

will add that I have been very lost and trying to make it back to Christ.  Even with contemplation, am having difficulty even understanding myself how far down I had have gone, and not being aware of it.  am trying to make it back and at the least do my best to not harm anyone else along my path.

Edited by Jayneseek2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Jayne,

The only sin which can never be forgiven is unbelieve, if we don't believe what Jesus did for us and that He died for you and me , we make Him a liar  and,as a Christian you cannot commit this sin.

Jayne,are you a born again Christian?

Unless you are a Pharisee in the time of Christ and are accusing Him of doing His miracles through Beelzebub, you can't blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 minutes ago, angels4u said:

The only sin which can never be forgiven is unbelieve

Problem with that, is that most people are not born believing in Jesus Christ as their savior. That being the case, then if unbeleif is unforgivable, then no one would be saved.

The context of that passage suggests, that there is only one sin that will never be forgiven, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. If you follow the storyline in that passage, it appears that those critics of Jesus, were saying that Jesus was in league with Satan, and that is was by Satan's power, that He was casting out demons. This is equivalent to saying that the Holy Spirit, is in fact, a demonic spirit, hence blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

angels4u

Thought I was, however have been reading how when you fall away some believe you cannot come back.  I have fallen so far away for such a long time, that I am now seeing the parable Jesus spoke of in Matthew.  Where I could not see or hear what was being said or even what I was really doing. Attempting to make it thru each day, then praying I would see and do better the next, making the same mistakes.  Not being aware as my life was always in such a whirlwind and disaster that I was spreading that to all around me. Somehow my heart was "hardened" (like a Tree Grows In Brooklyn,) and I could not see myself and what I was doing or what was real.

Have just been thinking as I pray I still keep slipping.  Whatever time I have left, I would like for it to better, to at least try to live our beliefs and not hurt anyone else.  Have tried to go back and make amends, apologize to family and I think their heart is hardened to me now, and probably righteously so.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

I agree with Omega for the most part but would add this

"the unforgiveable sin" is taught or interpreted incorrectly by many--- this is what it is--- part of The Holy Spirits ministry is to show people that Jesus ( the carpenters son) Christ-- is in fact also the Son of God and God. when the Pharisees and scribes said Jesus was using the devils power to preform miracles they were saying Jesus was not God-- they where calling the Holy Spirit a liar--- that was the blasphemy part--if you do not believe Jesus is God, you can not be saved--- that is the unforgiveable part.

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

"the unforgiveable sin" is taught or interpreted incorrectly by many--- this is what it is--- part of The Holy Spirits ministry is to show people that Jesus ( the carpenters son) Christ-- is in fact also the Son of God and God. when the Pharisees and scribes said Jesus was using the devils power to preform miracles they were saying Jesus was not God-- they where calling the Holy Spirit a liar--- that was the blasphemy part--if you do not believe Jesus is God, you can not be saved--- that is the unforgiveable part.

Amen Wounded, only by not believing Jesus is God and not to accept Him as your Savior, you are committing the unforgivable sin, the result is you're an unbeliever and therefore commited the sin of  unbelieve..(unforgivable)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

9 minutes ago, angels4u said:
2 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Amen Wounded, only by not believing Jesus is God and not to accept Him as your Savior, you are committing the unforgivable sin, the result is you're an unbeliever and therefore commited the sin of  unbelieve..(unforgivable

Now-- I should clarify what I am saying-- this sin is only unforgiveable as long as a person does not believe-- if a person does come to faith they can and are forgiven-- it is only unforgiveable as long as they do not believe!

2 hours ago, Jayneseek2 said:

angels4u

Thought I was, however have been reading how when you fall away some believe you cannot come back.  I have fallen so far away for such a long time, that I am now seeing the parable Jesus spoke of in Matthew.  Where I could not see or hear what was being said or even what I was really doing. Attempting to make it thru each day, then praying I would see and do better the next, making the same mistakes.  Not being aware as my life was always in such a whirlwind and disaster that I was spreading that to all around me. Somehow my heart was "hardened" (like a Tree Grows In Brooklyn,) and I could not see myself and what I was doing or what was real.

Have just been thinking as I pray I still keep slipping.  Whatever time I have left, I would like for it to better, to at least try to live our beliefs and not hurt anyone else.  Have tried to go back and make amends, apologize to family and I think their heart is hardened to me now, and probably righteously so.

Did you accept Jesus in your heart as your personal Savior? 

Jesus and Nicodemus
…6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”… John 3:7

When you are truly sorry for your sins and go to the cross and asked Jesus to come and live inside of you and ask Him to forgive your sins ,you will be saved ! 

Walking in the Light
…6If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.…

This is a promise ,the minute we give our life to Jesus ,the Holy Spirit will teach us all things and Jesus is able to keep us until the end,if you are truly saved,you hate sin and will ask God to forgive you when you sin and He remember your sins nore more.

The Promise of the Holy Spirit
…12I still have much to tell you, but you cannot yet bear to hear it. 13However, when the Spirit of truthcomes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears,and He will declare to you what is to come. 14He will glorify Me by taking from what is Mine and disclosing it to you.…John 16:13

4 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Now-- I should clarify what I am saying-- this sin is only unforgiveable as long as a person does not believe-- if a person does come to faith they can and are forgiven-- it is only unforgiveable as long as they do not believe!

Amen !